Conor vs Dustin rematch at LW, who wins and who did better against Khabib?

Dan Hooker got around Poirier's skin not even a week ago.

And Dustin toughed it out against a very credible opponent, I'd take Hooker against Conor as well.

the conor fight would have ended after 2 rounds if it wasn't for all the cheating attempts, knees on the grounds, toes on the fence etc.

Cheating is a big knock on conor's performance and "barely " winning a round against khabib, a round mostly striking, where u cheated countless of time, is not an achievement at all.

Plus conor got fucking dropped by khabib, poirier was never in trouble against khabib stand up wise.
Thats not true. Poirier where almost knocked out by Khabib, but it happened so fast no one noticed, not even Joe Rogan on his podcast.

Proof:

dustin has shown he's elite. if you remove khabib from the picture, he might have the LW belt around his waist. to confirm that, he needs to beat tony.

saying that, conor is a stylistic nightmare for dustin. dustin has fantastic boxing technique, but he has a tendency to get in brawls in the pocket. that's where conor will take advantage. if dustin can be measured and get the fight to the 3rd round, he could beat conor, but if he fights like he did against dan hooker in the 1st two rounds of their fight, he gets TKO'd again.

Thats not true. Poirier where almost knocked out by Khabib, but it happened so fast no one noticed, not even Joe Rogan on his podcast.

Proof:

Khabib was not almost knocked out. People mistake his herky-jerky defense with being hurt. The guillotine was in pretty tight though. Overall i'd say Poirier did better because he actually tried to win, after the 1st round Conor wasn't really trying to win he was trying not to lose in an embarrassing fashion (which is why he was cheating).

Proof:

lol almost knock down is not knock down ... and khabib don't drop people with jabs ...

Khabib was not almost knocked out. People mistake his herky-jerky defense with being hurt. The guillotine was in pretty tight though. Overall i'd say Poirier did better because he actually tried to win, after the 1st round Conor wasn't really trying to win he was trying not to lose in an embarrassing fashion (which is why he was cheating).
I said Dustin was almost knocked out. Khabib was never in any danger, he just moved backwards with his weird head movement people mistake for being rocked. I however agree Dustin did better, as you said, at least he tried to win.

I think conor would have the mental edge on dustin, but i think overall dustin would be the better fighter if they fought now.

He's improved a lot, been more active, become more confident in his game. Mcgregor has been extremely inactive by comparison and doesn't have the kind of momentum he did in the first fight.

I know that i would love to see that fight, more than conor vs khabib which we all know the ending to.

I'd favour Conor in a rematch but it's clear Poirier has improved since 2014

As far as who did better against Khabib it's clearly Poirier. He hurt Khabib and unlike Conor only tapped when the choke was under his chin.

McGregor can't make 155? lol?
he said himself he struggled to make the weight, used as an excuse for the lost against khabib, and also why he faced cowboy at 170 instead of 155. when u look at him, he is jacker than most LW, the only top LW i can think of being more jacked are felder and Lee

The first fight was a fluke win for Conor. The winning sequence started with an inadvertent punch to the back of the head & then 2-3 more. Not saying Conor won’t win 10 of 10 times but first fight isn’t a good gauge. Dustin has improved but it’s still a good style matchup for Conor though I would think Dustin has a big advantage on the mat + is way more active. Toss up.

Conor is the only man to ever win a single round off Khabib. I'm not saying Conor did anything special but he'd KO Dustin inside 2 rounds if they fight again.

I'd pick Conor in a rematch

But you cant even compare their fights vs khabib since Conor was cheating the whole time

This fight makes no sense at all. Conor 2.0 would just KTFO him even faster this time and Dustin is 1-1 in his last 2 with a win over Dan Hooker who nobody knows so he doesnt even deserve the money fight to begin with.

It is sarcasm, right?
RIGHT?

Otherwise:<HisEye>

Conor wins again, knocks Dustin out. Conor did better in the rematch. Last longer, defended better and actually won a round.

Depends, Conor lasted longer, won a round. Poirier almost finished him with a guillotine and landed a shot that visibly worried khabib. Id love to see Conor vs Poirier rematch though.

I would favor Conor in a rematch, Dustin might last longer due to the additional 10 pounds, but Conor koes him sooner or later.

Back