Conor's Camp is Regimented

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
032_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/12...j2w79nw1PP-cwrj4M8Fr8Gd7iwGudVSlh07Y6qgd0U1_s

Owen Roddy is confident that the Conor McGregor the MMA world fell in love with will be back on show on Jan. 18 when he faces Donald Cerrone in the main event of UFC 246 at the T-Mobile Arena.

The celebrated former fighter and striking coach Roddy gave Eurobash the first insight into McGregor’s return camp, insisting that McGregor had already undergone an intensive strength and conditioning program even before he began his camp for “Cowboy”.

There were whispers that McGregor may change some faces in his camp ahead of his return bout, but mainstay Roddy insisted that the suggestions of various omissions were simply hearsay.

“Yeah – we’re back,” Roddy told MMA Fighting’s Eurobash podcast.

“Conor is so busy, you can’t tie him down outside camp. And I’ve got a lot on myself, I’m running the gym and I’m doing a couple of other things. When we’re not seen constantly working together people start saying – what’s going on? I’m not doing many interviews because I’m flat out and he’s doing all of his stuff as well. We’re in camp now, so it’s go time. The one thing Conor has been constantly doing is working on his strength and conditioning – he’s constantly staying in shape and he’s constantly eating clean – and you can see that straight off the bat. Now it’s time for us to execute a game plan and go in and do it on the night. I’m very excited to be back working with him, and I’m very excited that he’s back fighting in the UFC.”

Roddy backed up McGregor’s sentiments that he is being far more disciplined ahead of the Cerrone bout in comparison to his unsuccessful title shot against Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 232.

“The training camp is structured way better,” Roddy said.

“The last camp was just a bit sporadic. We didn’t know what time we were training at. Sometimes it was very late at night, sometimes it was early in the morning and nobody really knew. Even though we were making all of these sessions, I don’t think that’s good for you when he doesn’t even know what time he’s going to train at, just doing it off feel. For the past couple of months it’s been very regimented.”

“We’re training at 11 and 7 every day,” he added. “We’re doing strength and conditioning, whether it’s in the morning or evening, and then doing a technical session and it’s perfect. And you can see that’s reaping the benefits and rewards already from that. As I said, he’s been working on his strength and conditioning for a while before he even came into this camp, so now we’re not spending half the camp trying to get in shape or anything like that. Now, he’s in tip-top shape and now we’re just focusing on the game plan – coming up with a good game plan and going in and executing it.”

Last edited by a moderator:
conor-mcgregor-taps-out-to-khabib-gif.gif

Conor had the best training camp for this fight and he still got dominated

No amount of training will stop him from quitting. Cowboy by KO

I mean when you throw together a fight on 4-6 weeks notice it has to be. You would have thought he’d want at least an 8 week camp coming off a long layoff

Hmm yeah that doesn't sound great to be honest, both Conor and his coach are flat out busy. They're making to sessions a day at set times but how long are they training? How hard are they going? What is happening away from those two sessions?

He's fighting Cowboy so I don't think he needs a perfect camp, style wise this fight suits Conor well, but if he's going in an hour early and an hour late each day? Big deal.

That's not a park, and he isn't playing TouchButt with a dork.

<DisgustingHHH>

conor-mcgregor-taps-out-to-khabib-gif.gif

Conor had the best training camp for this fight and he still got dominated

No amount of training will stop him from quitting. Cowboy by KO
Whaaaaaaaat?? @Hitto shitposting in a Conor McGregor thread? I for one am shocked.

Glad he is taking it serious. But to ever be champ again he will need that Tito training 8 days a week 3 times a day for 7 days a week...

Classic McGregor excuses. 5 years down the line he'll claim he didn't even train for the fight and didn't even try to win against Khabib <45>

I find it hard to believe that they would sporadically schedule practices for a championship fight. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. If that is seriously true then SBG is a bigger dumpster fire than I thought.

I mean when you throw together a fight on 4-6 weeks notice it has to be. You would have thought he’d want at least an 8 week camp coming off a long layoff

Lol at thinking Conor picked January 18 at the last minute, and that he picked it at WW due to time constraints.

Lol at thinking Conor picked January 18 at the last minute, and that he picked it at WW due to time constraints.
He doesn’t exactly give off the vibe of having his life together fella

Conor's Camp is Regimented

With lay downs & yesmen...

Look at conor now, he looks like he’s been doing a crazy amount of squats. Wants that td defence upgraded...

Any camp he has now should be one that is based on getting him out of his comfort zone and really pushing him to that hard place, he's been doing the cushy life far too long. To not push him into a uncomfortable place until he feelz comfortable will be doing him an injustice...

I'm not overly impressed that a professional athlete is displaying the barest minimum of professionalism in training regularly for their sport.

Let’s be real. Conor could phone this one in and probably spark Cowboy. Cerrone gets inside his own head for big fights and this easily the biggest fight he’s been apart of. Not to mention Cowboy is hittable, his chins been through hell, and he’s a slow starter that has issues with fighters that come out the gate swinging.

People sleeping on the fact that Conor is still one of the best counter strikers in the sport.

cowboys only saving grace is this fight is at WW and he has the choice to make this is a ugly grapplefuck. Too bad that Cowboy loses all fight IQ in big fights and is probably gonna just walk into a massive counter early in.

let’s do some mma math since it’s striking only based. Conor outstruck Dustin and Eddie easily. Both of them wrecked Justin. Justin just made Cowboy look like he should retire.

Back