Conspiracy theory: YouTube comments are fake

I don't think it's 80%, but I do certainly see your point.

I do believe that there are people who work for corperations, even for government, who put a narrative at the center of their products, and sow division, enforce and demonize certain views and groups in order to push a narrative, and they use plants to act as normal people to snowball their messages withthe use of others.

Ok here's my Conspiracy theory

All YouTube comments are fake. Or around 80%, somewhere north of 50% are fake.

Almsot EVERY SINGLE YouTube comment has the exact. Same. Comments.

They all have the same basic format

Top funny comment gets 10k-50k likes and 300-1k comments
Next comment gets 300-1k likes and 50-100 comments, is vaguely emotional/pulls heart strings.
Next comment 50-300 likes approx 20-30 comments.
Next few comments are the same level of likes/comments

The comments are just soooo repetitive and banal. They all follow the same script. One or two catch phrases or turns of phrase. There is a seed or source comment that may or may not be human, not sure, and then a bunch of generic copies.

They're all from the same perspective. The "older but wise and friendly neighbor Ted" . It just so derivative and banal, it's inhuman. They don't really have an "angle" or political slant to them so it's hard to pick up on. It's just generic brown beige nothing comments on every single video , especially mental health videos. Might be people trolling but if so they are incredibly committed as they are on almost every video on YouTube.

I think it's some mass conspiracy to dumb everyone down by turning all dialogue and commentary into stupid nothingness/banal nothingness by forming a circle of banality around some users that cannot be penetrated. Readers of the comments then begin speaking and acting in banal ways, as you are what you eat. Let's say 20% of the comments readers then become stupified and begin making their own stupid comments and content. It would then become impossible to tell real comments from fake ones.

End conspiracy
There are a few fake ones but most are real.
What you are seeing, is loser ass kids, who think they made it, if they get more than 25 likes on a post.
So they will copy another comment, from a different video, and then post it.
Or they will take another comment, alter it slightly and then post it hoping for likes.

Its like @Get To Da Choppa and how he takes a comment from Twitter and then posts it here like he came up with it.

Whenever ESPN posts something about woman basketball it's always filled with most random comments
I noticed the first 30 comments are simple positive “Great Job”, “Go Girls”. Then the real comments start....killing women’s basketball as boring and un athletic. And none of the positive commenters even argue it.

I noticed the first 30 comments are simple positive “Great Job”, “Go Girls”. Then the real comments start....killing women’s basketball as boring and un athletic. And none of the positive commenters even argue it.

Have you considered that they never even read the negative comments?

They edit and censor the comment sections. And can shadow ban your comment so it isn’t publicly visible to control the manufactured narrative around sensitive and controversial topics.

Have you considered that they never even read the negative comments?
Without the fake comments you will see white knights and Lesbians fight back hard. But those first 20 positives, nothing. They are bots, you look at profile, no friends etc. Only reason I looked was because I was used to 90% negative comments because lets be honest, the WNBA sucks. All of a sudden, all these positive but no detail comments start the posts the last month or so.

I know mine aren't, i'm always surprised when I find a vid that I've seen and forgotten I watched and glance at the comments only to see mine as the first one. Just yesterday I saw one where a cop tased a black driver, i looked at the comments and there was my smartass one that i hardly recall writing. I also,every so often, see comments from people I've known or know of. It's crazy, with 9 billion or however many people on earth, it's crazy how i can run into someone i grew up with on the net or maybe someone who came from my ancestral home, a place that always had 50 people or less living there.

They edit and censor the comment sections. And can shadow ban your comment so it isn’t publicly visible to control the manufactured narrative around sensitive and controversial topics.
they certainly did crack down on shittalking, i've been warned for old comments that i don't remember i wrote, they don't tell you which ones they are warning you for either but youtube is the last place on the net that really started modding.

Back