Conspiracy theory: YouTube comments are fake

Which is why I don't value comments about Youtube Videos unless they're spoken at my corner bodega.

Lot are indeed fake, not sure about >50%

I think to give you thst impression is that often fake ones are first replies

Guess it's part of the many services that are sold to push a content/channel

Then you have YT meme/gimmicks that people like to repeat forever in same way as a sherdog thread will get "pics of wife" or "fill the room with uppercuts" lol

Lot are indeed fake, not sure about >50%

I think to give you thst impression is that often fake ones are first replies

Guess it's part of the many services that are sold to push a content/channel

Then you have YT meme/gimmicks that people like to repeat forever in same way as a sherdog thread will get "pics of wife" or "fill the room with uppercuts" lol

That's what a bot would say......

the whole internet is bots, trolls, and idiots who interact with them. Reading or posting in the comments section is pointless and obsolete. I hope soon people get bored of the whole thing and start reading books and going outside again.

the whole internet is bots, trolls, and idiots who interact with them. Reading or posting in the comments section is pointless and obsolete. I hope soon people get bored of the whole thing and start reading books and going outside again.
But... You're on... The Internet...

I actually read a book about this, called The Memory of Earth by Orson Scott Card

"High above the planet Harmony, the Oversoul watches. Its task, programmed so many millennia ago, is to guard the human settlement on this planet--to protect this fragile remnant of Earth from all threats. To protect them, most of all, from themselves.

The Oversoul has done its job well. There is no war on Harmony. There are no weapons of mass destruction. There is no technology that could lead to weapons of war. By control of the data banks, and subtle interference in the very thoughts of the people, the artificial intelligence has fulfilled its mission.

But now there is a problem. In orbit, the Oversoul realizes that it has lost access to some of its memory banks, and some of its power systems are failing. And on the planet, men are beginning to think about power, wealth, and conquest."

I remember on sherdog several years ago, you could go to where you can see how many members were online in each subforum...And you could see how many bots were online too. And there were always several.

what was THAT about?

<{vega}>

Last edited:
This has been around for a while. Check out truthstream media. They have a good video on it.

Ok here's my Conspiracy theory

All YouTube comments are fake. Or around 80%, somewhere north of 50% are fake.

Almsot EVERY SINGLE YouTube comment has the exact. Same. Comments.

They all have the same basic format

Top funny comment gets 10k-50k likes and 300-1k comments
Next comment gets 300-1k likes and 50-100 comments, is vaguely emotional/pulls heart strings.
Next comment 50-300 likes approx 20-30 comments.
Next few comments are the same level of likes/comments

The comments are just soooo repetitive and banal. They all follow the same script. One or two catch phrases or turns of phrase. There is a seed or source comment that may or may not be human, not sure, and then a bunch of generic copies.

They're all from the same perspective. The "older but wise and friendly neighbor Ted" . It just so derivative and banal, it's inhuman. They don't really have an "angle" or political slant to them so it's hard to pick up on. It's just generic brown beige nothing comments on every single video , especially mental health videos. Might be people trolling but if so they are incredibly committed as they are on almost every video on YouTube.

I think it's some mass conspiracy to dumb everyone down by turning all dialogue and commentary into stupid nothingness/banal nothingness by forming a circle of banality around some users that cannot be penetrated. Readers of the comments then begin speaking and acting in banal ways, as you are what you eat. Let's say 20% of the comments readers then become stupified and begin making their own stupid comments and content. It would then become impossible to tell real comments from fake ones.

End conspiracy
And you figuring that out now. Lol youtube and all social media is repetitive generic nessage for people to get used to it

Although I can't tell you what % is "fake" it's definitely not a conspiracy theory. Social media has tons of fake followers, subscribers, bots, likes, comments, etc. A lot of so called influencers/content creators buy followers. The followers do nothing, but it racks up the amount of people on their follow list. You see this often on IG. Someone with 500k followers, but when they make a post they get a few hundred likes at best. You can actually look it up and you will often see that in a day their followers went up by like 50k or some will do it in smaller increments throughout a certain timeframe.

Although I can't tell you what % is "fake" it's definitely not a conspiracy theory. Social media has tons of fake followers, subscribers, bots, likes, comments, etc. A lot of so called influencers/content creators buy followers. The followers do nothing, but it racks up the amount of people on their follow list. You see this often on IG. Someone with 500k followers, but when they make a post they get a few hundred likes at best. You can actually look it up and you will often see that in a day their followers went up by like 50k or some will do it in smaller increments throughout a certain timeframe.
I guess the conspiracy is I think it's more insidious than what you are thinking. I don't think it's blind consumerism it's by design or at least was and now people imitating the original fake comments cannot be distinguished from the fakes as they are apeing them. I think it is purposely being done to dumb us all down (you are what you eat. If you spend all day reading things at a 8th grade level day after day after day your vocabulary will regress. After all words do not appear in people's brains out of thin air. People below the 8th grade level will never advance.

Basically actual doublethink from 1984.

its full of it, at least half of them, for sure

(you are what you eat. If you spend all day reading things at a 8th grade level day after day after day your vocabulary will regress.

I've thought about this before. You can go watch interviews with just about anybody from the 1950's and they all spoke so much better than people today.

for example

Back