Crime "Control the food supply, control the people."

Dude literally crashed commodities with his policies, and forced farmers to rely on the federal government to bail them out. Those bail-outs ended up costing the taxpayer 28 billion dollars.

fella sprouted out of the ground to defend his farmer

344297.jpg

I hate to tell you, but the small family farms are dead. The other bigger farmers around them have made land prices so high, they'd never be able to pay off the land if they try to expand.
And they've done it to themselves. Over the past 20 years, I've watched many smaller farmers get snuffed out by larger farms because they can't afford to buy land or pay the cash rent that the larger farms are willing to pay. I've seen land in my area go from $35 an acre cash rent to over $100 in 20 years. The larger farmers have pushed the price of land up so high, that they can't even afford it now. The only people that can, are the outside investors.
Back in 2006, I paid $36k for a quarter. Just last year, I was offered over $110k for that same quarter.
In Iowa, land recently sold for $26k an acre. If you had a bumper crop every year, until the day you died, you'd never pay that land off. Never.
Farming is going to continue being more and more corporate.

I can’t wait to see Whole Foods produce prices in a few years

I've read that in cuba at some point they told people to grow potatoes on their balcony and rooftop because the blockade was so bad. We should start doing this

I've read that in cuba at some point they told people to grow potatoes on their balcony and rooftop because the blockade was so bad. We should start doing this

and it would feed you for how long?
Its a cute idea and fun, but it aint really helping.
If its to battle starvation sure everything helps, but for people in the west its more a fun thing than anything.
You cant grow enough to sustain your self or your family.
IIRC the average consumption of potatoes is +70Kg/ person and year.

Every time cattle are sold $1 per head is taken out of the checks and is supposed to go to a program to develop cattle and beef markets, but the money has been hijacked by corporate lobbyist groups that use it to influence the government in ways that hurt the people who are forced to pay into the program. Although part of the law makes it illegal for the money to go towards lobbying, all of the money ends up going to organizations that lobby in D.C.

and it would feed you for how long?
Its a cute idea and fun, but it aint really helping.
If its to battle starvation sure everything helps, but for people in the west its more a fun thing than anything.
You cant grow enough to sustain your self or your family.
IIRC the average consumption of potatoes is +70Kg/ person and year.

Defeatist attitude leads to defeat.

Every little effort makes a difference.

Defeatist attitude leads to defeat.

Every little effort makes a difference.

Or I simply know how much food people actually consume.
I also know that people dont have the time to do all this.
You need to change the way people live their lives.
This is bigger than planting stuff on your balcony.

Or I simply know how much food people actually consume.
I also know that people dont have the time to do all this.
You need to change the way people live their lives.
This is bigger than planting stuff on your balcony.

It's not about entirely feeding yourself when trying to turn back the tide. Every dollar that you save, that doesn't purchase corporate food, is helping the effort.

People can mitigate their contributions to the bad guy's coffers by becoming as self sustainable as possible. Part of that effort can come from having a small yield of their own produce. It also spreads the lifestyle to others when they see the joy and benefits (a sense of righteous independence) you gain from doing it.

Throwing your hands up and saying it's not going to make a difference, just fails in every way, and is exactly what the bad guys want you to do.

It's not about entirely feeding yourself when trying to turn back the tide. Every dollar that you save, that doesn't purchase corporate food, is helping the effort.

People can mitigate their contributions to the bad guy's coffers by becoming as self sustainable as possible. Part of that effort can come from having a small yield of their own produce.

Throwing your hands up and saying it's not going to make a difference, just fails in every way, and is exactly what the bad guys want you to do.

I am talking from the perspective of the average person.
The person that buys tons of shit of Wish / Temu and what ever app, from China.
The persons that work every day has 2 cars, takes 2 vacations / year.

The average person will not make the changes that is needed.
Also the average person that live in a flat does not really have much possibility to grow any thing.

And managing to grow a few tomatoes and think you are sticking it to the man, while paying a ton in taxes and buying everything else.
Well...

just imagine if people stopped falling for divide & conquer tactics.
I mean the amount of the elites who run things vs the amount of worker bees...... but thats just a pipe dream

just imagine if people stopped falling for divide & conquer tactics.
I mean the amount of the elites who run things vs the amount of worker bees...... but thats just a pipe dream

Nothing inherently wrong with having a few leaders and mostly worker bees. It's essential, actually.

"Too many chiefs, not enough Indians".

Problem is greed. Our human elites (Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc..) are greedy sociopaths that use the workers to enrich themselves, instead of the entire colony. If they were generous, fair, and well meaning, we'd all be doing just fine.

I am talking from the perspective of the average person.
The person that buys tons of shit of Wish / Temu and what ever app, from China.
The persons that work every day has 2 cars, takes 2 vacations / year.

The average person will not make the changes that is needed.
Also the average person that live in a flat does not really have much possibility to grow any thing.

And managing to grow a few tomatoes and think you are sticking it to the man, while paying a ton in taxes and buying everything else.
Well...

"We should all just give up" - Isa

Equipment made now will be a huge issue in the future. When all this fancy new equipment hits the 20-year-old mark, when the small farmer can actually afford to buy it, will they be able to fix it?
Look at John Deere. They have everything locked down so tight that you can't fix anything, and have to go to a dealer to get it fixed. Most small farmers can't afford to pay dealership rates for repairs. It's been a couple of years, but I was quoted $225 an hour for shop rate, minimum $1000 if they make a service call. Or, will John Deere even support that piece of equipment in 20 years? Since everything so tightly integrated, you won't be able to use 3rd party parts. If you do, John Deere can, and has, refused to work on equipment. Essentially bricking your $100k+ piece of equipment.

They'll absolutely stop supporting them like Apple etc do with old phones. Stop providing updates after so long and the next time something goes wrong with it it's fucked.

Back