Convince me F1 drivers are real athletes

Big 4 north American team sports

viewership, following, money
viewership ? Following ?

R.209a20ca5607d31fc8effe37ac7a3be5

viewership ? Following ?

R.209a20ca5607d31fc8effe37ac7a3be5
stay on topic, take random athletes from the NFL, nhl, MLB,nba and F1 put them in any series of athletic events outside of their primary sport and f1 racers would finish near bottom or last

My buddy is in Monaco to go watch the F1 race.
He was going on forever about how awesome and amazing F1 drivers are.
I responded by saying they're not real athletes....more like rich kids doing things that 99.9999% of the population can't afford to do. Other than that, they are pretty much the equivalent of gamers. Yes they drive incredibly fast and can have crazy crashes. Watching the line up of drivers for today's race, half of them look like they could try out for a boys band......small prepubscent youths.

am i wrong?

Big F1 fan and couldn’t possibly care less about whether anyone considers the drivers athletes. You say they aren’t, I say whatever. Makes zero difference to me.

…now that I think of it, I’m a big fan of metal music too and always hear similar things in that domain as well - like Meshuggah isn’t music or Serj Tankian doesn’t sing. I say ok. Call it whatever you want.

stay on topic, take random athletes from the NFL, nhl, MLB,nba and F1 put them in any series of athletic events outside of their primary sport and f1 racers would finish near bottom or last
like what?

Only thing these american sports snobs are mentioning as some benchmark for athleticism is what these American sports are good at lol lifting weights and running for less then 10 seconds and then he will go about how other sports athletes f1 drivers in this instance can not be as good against people who did these things since they were kids American sports athletes lol I mean idiocracy at its finest

Only thing these american sports snobs are mentioning as some benchmark for athleticism is what these American sports are good at lol lifting weights and running for less then 10 seconds and then he will go about how other sports athletes f1 drivers in this instance can not be as good against people who did these things since they were kids American sports athletes lol I mean idiocracy at its finest
who wins in a game of soccer or volleyball

f1 racers vs North American big 4?

let's say they competed in the decathlon a field of 20 f1 racers, 20 guys each from north American big 4

where do you think f1 racers would rank?
They will decently beat nfl nba and MLB guys in decathlon and have little bit of hard time with NHL guys

Why do you think that benchmark for athletisizan is what American sports people do lol that is idiotic

Don’t even respond to this idiot. In another thread he said he could play in the NFL and that Ronaldo can run 35 mph which is faster than Bolt. Mega troll or idiot. One of those two

Don’t even respond to this idiot. In another thread he said he could play in the NFL and that Ronaldo can run 35 mph which is faster than Bolt. Mega troll or idiot. One of those two
I actually think he is a good troll

gotta give him credit for how long this thread is going

Decathlon needs stamina and versatility big 3 do not have that they only have certain amout gas in their tank before they clif dive if sport is intensity high even better put them in iron man triathlon

Now got embassed that you think nfl is benchmark for athleticism .now try to make it a win win for you. if they would loss soccer match as much as nfl game . so now I am in rock and hard place if I say they loose soccer game but win in American sports. You will call trolling. You start with athleticism not if f1 guys would win nfl or ball game you trolling or playing stupid now

Last edited:
above baseball players
They go above almost all of them. If all the guys are similar size and heights. Decathlon is point based event with 10 disciplines. If they are same size they beat them in running long distance. Beat them in triple jump. of all these sports f1 drivers would probably would not be disqualified for stepping on line or false start. If we are talking about 6 5 nba player being in this he looses in track, endurance, long jump and many others If we are talking about nfl guy 240 plus players they loose again track long jump high jump and others

Last edited:
Back