Cop who slaughtered Eric Garner sues NYPD

You'd think this dude would want to leave and start a new life. He fucked up and this will make it worse for him.
Why would he give up a job with such great job security and a nice pension and benefits?

The fact that it is so difficult to fire this guy is proof. Could you imagine in any job you’ve had where you had so much leeway to fuck up? Plus I haven’t looked into it but I bet he can’t get his pension if he was fired. I absolutely see it from his perspective.

It’s not illegal to use a choke hold though. It is against policy in New York for police.
It's an off the cuff example, not an actionable fact, chill your willies.

I've seen the video. The same one that shows Garner physically pushing the cops' hands away as they go in to detain him. That's called "resisting arrest", skippy.

Likely a lot better than criminal dick.

god damn. I've seen some pieces of shit in my day. But fuck, you take the cake. Only in failing America do we have people so ready to defend murderers since they carry a badge and said person wishes they could be a fat piece of shit with a badge as well. Let me guess. You're a security guard because your fat ass couldn't pass the physical examine in the police academy.

The main thing to take away from this case is:

1. Don’t break the law
2. Comply with law enforcement

Garner would’ve still been alive if he had followed either of those.
I assume that people know that, and that if they don't do that already, my karate forum post will not be useful to them. However, my post was useful to others.

Jesus Christ dude just admit you were wrong.
Wrong about what? The cop wasn't convicted of anything.

Perhaps you should just stop making assumptions about what I meant with the comment?

No evidence of that.

Right but there's a reason we regulate cigarettes sales. To prevent children getting their hands on them.

Selling cigarettes illegally like this guy was is a pretty serious crime in Canada as it presents a clear threat to public safety and kids, not sure about the states.

Wrong about what? The cop wasn't convicted of anything.

Perhaps you should just stop making assumptions about what I meant with the comment?

You said the choke was illegal the other guy corrected you. End of story.

You said the choke was illegal the other guy corrected you. End of story.
This is where you should have read my comment before trying to correct me.

I was answering a question about the definition of murder and if it required premeditation. I explained that you could have murder with intent but without premeditation. To illustrate the point, I used an example that was related to the theme of the thread - an illegal chokehold.

I did not ever say that the cop used an illegal choke or that he was guilty of murder. I used "illegal chokehold" as an example of an intentional but not premeditated murder.

1292338581972_7321393.png

“Slaughtered?” Please. He had the guy in a momentary rear naked and then let go as they struggled. Not even close to a slaughter.

He is playing with words but it is manslaughter in every jurisdiction I am aware of.

The cops got rid of a constant issue. Garner was a career criminal and he chose to not comply with the police.

Right but there's a reason we regulate cigarettes sales. To prevent children getting their hands on them.

Selling cigarettes illegally like this guy was is a pretty serious crime in Canada as it presents a clear threat to public safety and kids, not sure about the states.
Cigarettes are regulated so the govt can collect taxes. If protecting children were the goal then every bodega in NY could be shut down in a day with a sting operation.

try refreshing your memory by watching the video again, he hardly has a chance to resist at all before he's taken down

plus, y'know....he was killed over cigarettes you bootlicking psycho

Not putting your hands behind your back IS resisting.

We need that youtube clip where the EMT is in the back of the ambulance and tells the cops, who are cracking jokes outside, that the guy is dead - with that disgusted look on his face.

I don’t think the cop should get his job back. I was not impressed with the way he handled Garner.

cop didn't do anything wrong in this case.

cop didn't do anything wrong in this case.

He used a compliance technique (chokehold) specifically banned by the department. In any job, intentionally breaking a rule and causing a big mess is likely to get you fired. Why is this any different?

Back