Cormier out with injury

Ugh... it's becoming very tiresome now. Injuries, injuries, injuries... Feels like it's all I read about dammit.

Oh well, hopefully the fight is just postponed a month or two. If not, who the hell should Gus fight?

Ugh... it's becoming very tiresome now. Injuries, injuries, injuries... Feels like it's all I read about dammit.

Oh well, hopefully the fight is just postponed a month or two. If not, who the hell should Gus fight?
I'm sure Gustafsson will be more than happy to wait it out.

Cormier had a bummed knee for a while now. He always refused to get a surgery because he said he didnt have the time to sit out for a whole year at his age, but now that he has the belt...Im not surprised at all. He will get that surgery, belt on hold until next summer. They will probably make Gus vs Rumble rematch for an interim belt, then Bader will be pissed beyond belief.

Meh.

Machida-vs-Bader-knockout.gif

Paper champ vs a guy coming off of a KO loss, who cares? The weight class is on hold till 'THE EYE POKE GAWD' returns.

Jones vs Gustafsson for the interim title?
or
Rumble vs Gustafsson for the interim title?

I feel like there's some irony here.

insert inredulous cormier here

What the fuck is this..
What kind of world is this ?!

New policy should be if a Champ cant defend his belt for any reason a replacement fighter will be announced to fight for the interim belt. Or even give the inured fighter the interim belt and have the fight for the real belt.

This injured champion holding up a whole division has to end.

Yeah I remember this but he didn't postpone the surgery he went along with a different therapy. I recall him saying that he went through the same process as Kobe Bryant.

oooh Thanks for the info, I didn't knew that :icon_chee

I guess Dan was doing the Cain Valasquez circuit training.

Now we can't even have an undisputed paper champ

How long before Gus speaks up about wanting to avenge that Rumble loss?

*crickets*

He's lucky he wasn't set to face one of the UFC's hyped up golden boys. The UFC would've called him a coward and liar and the great fans of the UFC would've follow suit.

If Cormier had pulled out of the fight two weeks before the date due to an injury that had been cleared by the commission... all of that would have been warranted.

Aldo's legacy will be forever tarnished. But it was his decision. You'll just have to get over it.

Back