Law Coronavirus the US GOV'T Response analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Just using China could use Russia or even Space Aliens'

I think what was missing was lack of fear. If China itself invaded Seattle you think we would have waited till China was able to move troops across the US? Because this what we did now we have to sends troops all over the country to fight the Chinese.

We should have sent a massive force to the areas first exposed an testing of people and quarantined pretty much everyone. This would have limited the spread now we have to mitigate the damage and track the movement. Being a police officer you likely understand that idea pay me now or pay me later.

To be fair, Orange man would be impeached if he had ordered that

Sorry to disappoint the circle jerk
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Out of the entire country 41 deaths and 10 people in critical condition, is this what a pandemic is suppose to look like? Among countries with over 1000 cases, America has the lowest death per capital, lowest in serious condition per capital.

for such an incompetent nation, our numbers sure as hell look good.

Out of the entire country 41 deaths and 10 people in critical condition, is this what a pandemic is suppose to look like? Among countries with over 1000 cases, America has the lowest death per capital, lowest in serious condition per capital.

Ever hear of misleading statistics? This is you using them. 41 people died.... and 31 got better. We are sitting at a 57% kill rate.

Now, that number isnt really valid either since the outbreak is new and most people still just have it. You are being dishonest though. We are just getting started. You are like a person claiming a marathon doesnt make you tired after you took 10 steps. The hard part comes later

Hope it continues. Hell of alot of open cases still

We Americans do seem to bitch and complain more than most though

Ever hear of misleading statistics? This is you using them. 41 people died.... and 31 got better. We are sitting at a 57% kill rate.

Now, that number isnt really valid either since the outbreak is new and most people still just have it. You are being dishonest though. We are just getting started. You are like a person claiming a marathon doesnt make you tired after you took 10 steps. The hard part comes later

To be fair the VAST majority of open cases (99%) show mild symptoms

To be fair the VAST majority of open cases show mild symptoms

That is true. 1% having serious symptoms is concerning with how quickly this spreads and the lack of adequate testing though. Places like Florida will probably get a high death rate cause it kills old people pretty efficiently.

I more meant that post as a criticism than a sky is falling scenario. I think he intentionally misrepresented the statistics.

That’s rich, I’m being dishonest for not posting bogus fatality numbers?

you want to stand by that 57% fatality rate with 99% cases coming in mild?

oh right, fatality rate during an outbreak is bogus fake news. The whole premise of the scare is based on that fake news.

That’s rich, I’m being dishonest for not posting bogus fatality numbers?

you want to stand by that 57% fatality rate with 99% cases coming in mild?

oh right, fatality rate during an outbreak is bogus fake news. The whole premise of the scare is based on that fake news.

It's from the site you posted.

So we are in agreement that it's too early to use raw numbers like that? Get the point yet?

Even at his most chaotic. Trump still gets unwavering support support

It's from the site you posted.

So we are in agreement that it's too early to use raw numbers like that? Get the point yet?
I’ve said it in this thread many times, fatality rates during any epidemic is suspect at best. We’ve got people like the doctor on JRE spreading misinformation. People all over this thread have been bitching and moaning about testing testing testing, and then turn around and use what they consider flawed testing for fatality rate...... lack of self awareness. People not being tested all the time makes it appear like high death rates. When people mention the most common flu rate of 0.1, that is not a tested rate, the CDC outlines how they get that number, they estimate for under reporting. Those same standards not applied to coronavirus.

that’s why I’m calling corona virus a nothingburger. H1N1 would produce like 40 deaths a day or something, can’t remember 2009 that well, just recall it way less than the flu but way more than this virus. When you’ve got a virus with 99% mild, even in the case of China with 80% mild, there is a significant amount of under reporting, which drives the fatality rate way down.

I’ve said it in this thread many times, fatality rates during any epidemic is suspect at best. We’ve got people like the doctor on JRE spreading misinformation. People all over this thread have been bitching and moaning about testing testing testing, and then turn around and use what they consider flawed testing for fatality rate...... lack of self awareness. People not being tested all the time makes it appear like high death rates. When people mention the most common flu rate of 0.1, that is not a tested rate, the CDC outlines how they get that number, they estimate for under reporting. Those same standards not applied to coronavirus.

that’s why I’m calling corona virus a nothingburger. H1N1 would produce like 40 deaths a day or something, can’t remember 2009 that well, just recall it way less than the flu but way more than this virus. When you’ve got a virus with 99% mild, even in the case of China with 80% mild, there is a significant amount of under reporting, which drives the fatality rate way down.

H1n1 was the flu. That's why they called it swine flu.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ns-erased-coronavirus-risks-2020-3-1028991585

The current market cap is roughly equal to the size of the stock market when Donald Trump emerged victorious in the 2016 election. The Trump administration repeatedly downplayed the virus and its risks when outsized stock selling began in late February, with top economic adviser Larry Kudlow even saying the outbreak was contained on February 25.

so how will trump presidency be remembered?

- economy gains wiped out
- social divide is greater then ever
- healthcare is worst out of any western nation
- student loan debt is worse than has ever been
- US military still hasnt withdrew from middle east + terrorist cells havent been wiped out
- US war veterans are still treated like shit and are growing in numbers
- failed diplomacy: worsened relations with long standing allies (EU) while promoting relations with dictators/royal regimes (brasil, saudi arabia, russia, turkey); NATO has basically become useless with all the bickering among its members
- swamp has not been drained: political establishment is still alive and kicking
- regulations that benefit the US public being removed (regarding environment, internet access, healthcare, etc)
- NSA is still spying on everyone and congress is attempting to pass a law that will effectively end encryption (making it even easier to spy on everyone)

but hey, at least:
- companies still operate in tax heavens without repercussions
- taxes are lower for the rich
- unemployment is super low (doesnt matter if people have to work 2 jobs just to cover getting sick and dealing with ensuing expenses)
- epstein didnt kill himself

Last edited:
Seems like the response was bravado, like the virus wouldn't dare come to American shores. You would think the world's most powerful nation would have something set up.

I'm glad to finally see a thread on this.

There are a million and one ways for us to reach market collapse (pandemic, war, global recession etc etc)
But the market collapsing is the bottom line no matter how we get there.
This has nothing to do with Trump, partisanship, or any of the other generally petty shit we all fight over around here.
If the market collapses it will be anarchy. People will murder one another over a bag of peanuts and rape on a whim.

We all need to pray to whatever god or gods we choose that it doesn't get to that point.

Only those of us prepared will stand much of a chance.

MbAyazi-l-RKKioYHmWQawAnjZFVMyIY71C6LkRDv7U.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back