International Coronavirus, v4: South Korea in Red Alert as number of infected quadrupled in 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
By letting people pick and choose what is factual vs what is not factual, we never would have known that the quarantine time was 14 days when at the beginning of the outbreak bc media wasn’t reporting that.

we wouldn’t know that now it’s 24 days even up to 42 in one instance bc again, “trusted media” didn’t report that.

We were ahead of the game in factual knowledge of whats going on by taking all info sent by people from China and putting it in the thread.

most people today don’t know people are sealed inside their buildings. Bc our “trusted media” won’t report that.

they don’t know about the white “body vans” that we’ve seen Many times bc our media wont report that.

the people of China go through the threat of imprisonment or worse to even get us one little twitter blurb of information. And now we will just dismiss that bc it didn’t come from a “credible source”?

this is madness.
Sounds like sherdog is getting into the suppression of truth game.

By letting people pick and choose what is factual vs what is not factual, we never would have known that the quarantine time was 14 days when at the beginning of the outbreak bc media wasn’t reporting that.

we wouldn’t know that now it’s 24 days even up to 42 in one instance bc again, “trusted media” didn’t report that.

We were ahead of the game in factual knowledge of whats going on by taking all info sent by people from China and putting it in the thread.

most people today don’t know people are sealed inside their buildings. Bc our “trusted media” won’t report that.

they don’t know about the white “body vans” that we’ve seen Many times bc our media wont report that.

the people of China go through the threat of imprisonment or worse to even get us one little twitter blurb of information. And now we will just dismiss that bc it didn’t come from a “credible source”?

this is madness.
I have heard there is a global wide crack down on "fake" media. Sounds like suppression of the truth to me. Shame on you sherdog.

Lmfao at the guy playing dead. I wonder how many social credit points that's worth.
It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that the Chinese that are playing dead or critically ill at these hospitals are only doing so to jump in front of everybody else in line

Remember the WHO's advance team of international medical experts that has been kept in Beijing since they have arrived a week ago? The Chinese Foreign Ministry finally announced that they will be allowed to "work with their Chinese counterparts in Beijing, Guangdong and Szechuan provinces to probe the virus and its ways of transmission".

The Hubei province, home to the now world-famous Wuhan city and the epicenter for this epidemic, where statistics are being manipulated and crematoriums are burning corpses 24/7, is conspicuously excluded from the list of places these international experts are allowed to investigate in their ground medical mission. :confused:

WHO Needs to Quit Being Polite With China
The coronavirus poses a global health risk that’s more important than appeasing a major donor to the agency.
By Adam Minter | February 18, 2020

360x-1.jpg

In late January, the World Health Organization began offering to send an international team of experts to China to observe and help with the outbreak of a novel coronavirus. On Monday, that team of experts was finally allowed to start its investigations. The Chinese government, however, will not let them to visit epidemic-stricken Hubei Province or the city of Wuhan, the likely source of the virus now called Covid-19 and the site of the largest quarantine in history. According to one prominent Communist Party-controlled news outlet, Hubei is simply too busy and “cannot spare the time and people to receive the experts.”
For weeks, the World Health Organization and its director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, have been under fire for a tepid and slowing-moving response to the deadly new virus — an approach that appears overly deferential to China’s political demands. Some of the criticism is unfair. The WHO cannot organize a response to a global health emergency if the country at its center won’t cooperate. But recent history shows that too much political deference in a health emergency is a global risk in its own right. The WHO is uniquely positioned to demand more from China. It needs to do so now.

Since its founding in 1948, the WHO has been the United Nations agency responsible for coordinating global health. Much of its work is preventative. But in the event of an outbreak that threatens other states, the WHO can declare a public health emergency of international concern, which serves as a kind of SOS beacon, marshaling resources from around the world to contain infections. It’s a controversial move, and has often been mired in politics. During the 2014-2016 West African Ebola outbreak that killed 11,310 people, and infected more than 28,000 others, the WHO waited months to declare an emergency, in part out of fear of offending affected African governments and damaging their economies. By the time the emergency was declared, almost 1,000 people had died and the virus was nearly out of control.

In the years after the Ebola outbreak, the WHO acknowledged the problems in its response and underwent reforms designed to depoliticize its work and make future responses more effective. But no degree of reform could prepare the WHO for the politically sensitive task of declaring, monitoring and assisting a global public health emergency in China.

The reasons are several, including the government’s aversion to being perceived as needing the help of outsiders, a desire not to repeat the political and economic disruptions associated with the 2002-3 SARS outbreak, and a natural inclination to secrecy in all matters. Meanwhile, China is not only the world’s second largest donor to the WHO, but also a major donor to global health projects that matter to the WHO beyond the current outbreak. That leverage gives the country a nearly unparalleled ability to push back against the agency’s demands.

Under such circumstances, it’s understandable that the WHO and Director-General Tedros have treaded carefully in their public statements about China’s response to the crisis — even when they know better. The WHO is undoubtedly frustrated by China’s well-documented efforts to cover up the early stages of the outbreak, but the agency realizes that airing such grievances will most likely only inhibit cooperation. Yet the WHO has gone beyond just keeping quiet. It’s also cultivated Chinese goodwill by amplifying its leaders’ wish that the global community not close borders, or halt travel and trade (a preference largely in keeping with the WHO’s guidelines and scientific evidence). The agency did eventually declare an international public health, but it was later than many experts would have liked.

China has not been shy about reciprocating in its own way. State media has effusively praised Tedros and the WHO while the government has allowed scientific data to flow to the global health community. That’s a start, but it’s not enough. During previous public health emergencies, the WHO has organized international teams of experts to travel to source countries to make field investigations into the clinical and epidemiological features of the new illness. It’s a critical component of any emergency heath response. China’s unwillingness to allow such a team to visit the center of the outbreak not only denies its citizens — and the world — the best possible expertise in dealing with the outbreak, but also undermines confidence in the information that China is providing. In short: What is China hiding?

Unfortunately, the world has faced this problem before. In 2003, during the SARS epidemic, it took months — and severe international criticism and pressure — before China opened Guangdong Province, the source of the epidemic, to an international team of epidemiologists. At the time, the WHO was among the organizations leveling some of the most severe criticism. Seventeen years later, the WHO and its current director shouldn’t hesitate to learn from that past. Politics has its place in global health. But ultimately, the WHO must serve the interests of a global community at risk. Since early December, the WHO and its leadership have politely deferred to China. That should end now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opini...-means-who-should-demand-more-help-from-china

Last edited:
I have heard there is a global wide crack down on "fake" media. Sounds like suppression of the truth to me. Shame on you sherdog.

it’s like youtubers being more trusted than establishment MSM, by a wide margin. Can’t have that. . So YouTube cracked down on independent voices and steers people to “authoritative sources” now.

This is shit.

I think tonight after a basketball game I’ll start a “twitter coronavirus thread” and it’ll be light years ahead in factual information that this thread.

even though China is still cracking down and info on twitter has really dried up. I bet twitter is helping on the crackdown.

I’ll just have to filter true versus fake to the best of my ability.

it’s like youtubers being more trusted than establishment MSM, by a wide margin. Can’t have that. . So YouTube cracked down on independent voices and steers people to “authoritative sources” now.

This is shit.

I think tonight after a basketball game I’ll start a “twitter coronavirus thread” and it’ll be light years ahead in factual information that this thread.

even though China is still cracking down and info on twitter has really dried up. I bet twitter is helping on the crackdown.

Considering that the Chinese have suppressed it from the start, why would it be any deferent now. Just seems they are using their influence on sherdog now. We just went through the same shit with the bushfires in Australia. The media stopped reporting on the number of houses burnt down at about 1800, the true figure is closer to 4500. Gotta love that "real" news.

Considering that the Chinese has suppressed it from the start, why would it be any deferent now. Just seems they are using their influence on sherdog now. We just went through the same shit with the bushfires in Australia. The media stopped reporting on the number of houses burnt down at about 1800, the true figure is closer to 4500. Gotta love that "real" news.

china actually had a moment where bizarrely they were letting tons of information flow freely. Then they cracked down

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/world/asia/china-coronavirus-censorship.html

we got all that information on twitter, but now the TS and a certain mod are gonna crack down on that it sounds like.

@good-faith poster what r your thoughts?

This is shit.

I bet if I started a thread about the true level of destruction in Australia, it would be taken down, due to "insufficient sources". Even though I get my information first hand. As far as I knew first hand accounts were traditionally considered the best source of information. To discount videos coming out of China is not only obtuse it is down right criminal.

The single most effective way we will contain this is by providing people in affected areas reliable ways to self diagnose themselves and then avoid contact with people.

That’s a silver bullet that we need to work on ASAP.

So how do we tell our cities and governments to do that?

I bet if I started a thread about the true level of destruction in Australia, it would be taken down, due to "insufficient sources". Even though I get my information first hand. As far as I knew first hand accounts were traditionally considered the best source of information. To discount videos coming out of China is not only obtuse it is down right criminal.
First hand information is traditionally considered the best source, the problem is, most first hand recounts of stories are unreliable. Ever see multiple eye witnesses try to recreate the same event? You'll get the broad picture right, for example 2 cars colliding but that's likely it. Absent some other source such as a video (though with deep fakes a thing that's going to start becoming less reliable too), eye witness accounts are terrible.

First hand information is traditionally considered the best source, the problem is, most first hand recounts of stories are unreliable. Ever see multiple eye witnesses try to recreate the same event? You'll get the broad picture right, for example 2 cars colliding but that's likely it. Absent some other source such as a video (though with deep fakes a thing that's going to start becoming less reliable too), eye witness accounts are terrible.
I get that from a criminal perspective (I have seen studies where they questioned multiple witnesses of the same event) but I'm pretty sure if someone is watching their house burn down they probably aren't mistaken.

Im telling you fuckers now.
This is a lab created virus that attacks the dna makeup of chinese people. Others get better.

I've heard that CT floating around...

Following

thats how journalism WORKS. What the heck.

you get a source for a story. A source. Singular. Best if you can get a secondary “corroborating source” but it’s not necessary.

so mortality rate of hospitalised victims is between 0,5% and 2%?

I think with all the mystery behind the virus’s origins can only mean one thing. It has to be alien.

so mortality rate of hospitalised victims is between 0,5% and 2%?
Numbers outside of China according to this source: https://covid19info.live/

Total infected: 951
Recovered: 151
Deaths: 4

If you compare recovered with deaths you have:
Recovered: 97,42%
Deaths: 2,58%

France: 80 years old Chinese male tourist.
Taiwan: 61 years old taxi driver who had Diabetes and Hepatitis B
Japan: Female in her 80s
Philippines: 44 years old tourist from Wuhan

China? Take it or leave it. It's all bullshit there.

Let's try and keep the conversation on topic. This is a serious issue that is impacting literally tens of millions of people.

this is madness.

What in the seven hells are you ranting about? How did you hosted an entire thread without ever knowing what the definition of "regurgitating fake news" is? Do you not remember all the fake shit being reposted and deleted over and over again in v3, even AFTER they are debunked?

Videos shot by citizen journalists from the scene is REAL NEWS. They were plentiful and deeply-appreciated in v1. Remember the doors being welded shut? or the "medical professionals" wielding rifles roaming the streets? Or the family members suspected to be infected being dragged out from their houses? That's why over 300 of vloggers from Wuhan had been rounded up and disappeared by the Chinese government.

That's real news.

Reposting videos of dirty Indonesian or Malaysian markets, some of which with signs that clearly says so, days after they have already debunked, and insisting that it's actually Wuhan is NOT real news.

Reposting videos of homeless people sleeping on sidewalks, some of whom are still moving, and some vids are not even from China, days after it has already been debunked, and still claiming they're dead bodies from Wuhan is NOT real news.

And guess what, it's actually not that difficult to discerns the blatant fakes, because they are often called out immediately by keen-eyed viewers in the video's comments days ago, had the posters take the time to do some due diligent before unknowingly or willingly become a purveyors of fake news, and that just give more excuses to the "It's all fake! It's just the flu!" crowd.

Think about it for a moment: What are the chances of everyone in a Wuhan market speaking Indonesian and Malay? Or how can there still be people dying en masse in the streets of Wuhan if they are all already locked inside? :confused:

Let this be the first and last time I have to address this issue here. We are all adults and should be able to discerns the things meant to trick kids into sharing on Facebook, long after they have already been debunked. If you - or anyone else - are into that kind of thing rather than discussing actual events on the subject matter happening now all over the world, I am sure you are more than welcomed to share them among yourselves in a separate "Conspiracy Theories and Rumors" thread, rather than clogging up this serious discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back