Costa afraid to engage Izzy, but not Romero?

Romero was also avoiding Izzy in their fight which is why he lost.

After some early success, Gastelum almost got killed by Izzy - the 2nd half of the 5th round was hard to watch.

How was Izzy vs Costa disappointing unless you are a butthurt Costa fan? It was a masterful performance and definitive finish of an unbeaten fighter by a champion?
Not a fan of either fighter, but it was disappointing because when I tune in to see a UFC title fight I'm hoping for a real battle between two of the best at their best.

As a neutral fan who doesn't care for the personality of either fighter, I was just hoping for a war between two top predators.

What would you rather watch? A tiger in a cage with a bear, or a tiger in a cage with a deer?

Izzy looked different in this performance from the Romero fight physically too.

Romero beat both! Sad that he’s not the one wearing the belt.
He had 4 tries and missed weight twice FFS. Guy should either be a LHW or lose some muscle mass. He cheats and since the Tim Kennedy fight I have had no respect for the guy as a fighter.

Yet Izzy avoided Romero like the plague in their fight, barely got by little Gastelum, but went through Costa like a hot knife through butter.

Wow, MMA is weird and matchups really make fights.

If someone told me a year ago that Adesanya would fight both Romero and Costa, and both fights would be disappointing and forgetable I'd say they're nuts.

Romero was also avoiding Izzy in their fight which is why he lost.

After some early success, Gastelum almost got killed by Izzy - the 2nd half of the 5th round was hard to watch.

How was Izzy vs Costa disappointing unless you are a seriously butthurt Costa fan? It was a masterful performance and definitive finish of an unbeaten fighter by a champion?
Not a fan of either fighter, but it was disappointing because when I tune in to see a UFC title fight I'm hoping for a real battle between two of the best at their best.

As a neutral fan who doesn't care for the personality of either fighter, I was just hoping for a war between two top predators.

What would you rather watch? A tiger in a cage with a bear, or a tiger in a cage with a deer?

Fair enough, I loved it as an Israel fan but yeah, I was expecting a much harder fight.

It wasn't a snoozefest like the Romero fight though.

Romero is a lot more predictable than Adesanya. He's also shorter with less reach, not hard to figure out why Costa would stand more of a chance trading with him than he would with Adesanya.

He had 4 tries and missed weight twice FFS. Guy should either be a LHW or lose some muscle mass. He cheats and since the Tim Kennedy fight I have had no respect for the guy as a fighter.
Kennedy was not fair either. Agreed for the overweight. Tbh I rooted for Kennedy and dislike Romero too for that but he legit beat Adesanya. Even pro fighters thought so. Ask Thiago Santos

Yet Izzy avoided Romero like the plague in their fight, barely got by little Gastelum, but went through Costa like a hot knife through butter.

If someone told me a year ago that Adesanya would fight both Romero and Costa, and both fights would be disappointing and forgetable I'd say they're nuts.
he couldnt get close, izzy was circling away.

Hes just too slow for izzy

Why not a Tiger and a Tiger?
Tigger
upload_2020-9-27_1-17-10.png
Vs
Hobbes
upload_2020-9-27_1-18-42.jpeg

he couldnt get close, izzy was circling away.

Hes just too slow for izzy

But he did get in close about 1.5-2.5 times during the fight, he just didn't pull the trigger really and unload on Izzy. He was content to let him circle away and try and catch him with a kick to the body and once tried for the head.

There was on instance where he could have tried to unload punches but didn't and Izzy was like flailing his hands.

It was an awful gameplan and Costa got caught in the headlights, wouldn't pull the trigger. His lead leg becoming raw meat and less+less mobile over time did nothing but exacerbate that issue. Terrible fight from him.

Kennedy was not fair either. Agreed for the overweight. Tbh I rooted for Kennedy and dislike Romero too for that but he legit beat Adesanya. Even pro fighters thought so. Ask Thiago Santos
Who give a shit what Thiago Santos thinks?
Izzy outlanded him in 3 of the 5 rounds. There was so little action it was easy to score. Yoel was on his 4th gifted Title Shot and he didn't do anything. You have to engage if you want to take the title off of the champion. If you both stand there for 25 minutes the champ keeps the belt. The only bigger losers that Yoel in that fight were the fans who paid money to see that awful performance.

Costa cheerleader?

Despite what some people say about Izzy it hurts like hell to get hit by counter strikers. They know if they get hit on the jaw they are going down.

I would imagine it's hard to pull the trigger because it feels like izzy isn't there. He always seems out of range.

Izzy proved that skinny is more dangerous than the body builders.

How much did you lose each time?

I don't think he was scared, he was definitely planning to start slower and later on, but he probably didn't expect to get outclassed this bad and heavily underestimated how tricky Isreal was. So he just got picked apart, before doing anything basically.

Izzy and Romero avoided each other because they were both looking for counter shots.

Costa avoided Izzy because he knew he couldn't eat a clean counter

Back