Costa is gonna be a hard task for khamzat

costa was just fighting low cus he wasn't getting paid lolll i don't think he was putting effort in his training camps and fights now that he is allegedly getting over a "mil" per fight i think we will see a more motivated costa.

what you guys think?

Very easy fight for Khamzat, less than one round, Izzy is a better challenge.

all of you guys are a bit too confident with khamzat lol costa is no joke and keep in mind he is a big mw fighter not like burn who is a big lw in ww

Receiving more money means your skills will increase, seems to be the argument here. The generally held belief is that, in combats sports, the opposite holds true. The less you have, the hungrier you are. I’m not great at picking fights, but my guess is it won’t be terribly difficult for Chimaev to get this to the ground where he has a sizable advantage.

Khamzat exposes the grappling not only of Costa, but by extension, exposes all of the MW division where Costa's grappling has never been in question.

Izzy has a spontaneous heart attack as a result / Alex instantly declares he will retire at LHW. Half the ranked kickboxers at MW retire from MMA to declare they are all now pursing boxing matches with Jake Paul.

It's a great fight and I'd love to see it. I can't remember but maybe someone can jog my memory. How did Costa do against Yoel's wrestling? I can't remember any wrestling that took place there.

Costa hasn't finished anyone since Uriah Hall 4-5 years ago, and has no wins over anyone still in the UFC - as a matter of fact, Yoel is the only fighter who is still active in MMA and not retired. He is going to lose to Khamzat, no matter how much UFC pays him, abd it's not because Khamzat is some amazing superstar - it's because Costa at this point is not a very good fighter.
Costa definitely suspect. Hope this fight happens.

Khamzats cardio should be more intact at mw. I think he breaks costa down but paulo is strong and really has a bit a of time to work up his tdd

costa was just fighting low cus he wasn't getting paid lolll i don't think he was putting effort in his training camps and fights now that he is allegedly getting over a "mil" per fight i think we will see a more motivated costa.

what you guys think?

He fought for the title as an undefeated fighter 13-0 fighter. If he wasn’t motivated to win that fight he should retire. Because when discussing money. Most of the longtime champions make more money than the rest of the division. So if he wanted more money.. Win that fucking fight. It’s pretty simple.

The weight debacle with Marvin was ridiculous. And though he beat 3 year retired Rockhold. It wasn’t a complete walk in the park. He got tagged numerous times. And ended up underneath Rockhold. The fight was at elevation. But unless a person lives and trains at elevation (Usman). It was a pretty even factor for everybody else. As in both fighters were playing on a level playing field.

He’s good-very good. But he is not really a champion level fighter, imo. And his last 3 fights pretty much confirm that.

And money has nothing to do with that.

The difference in skill with wrestling is hugely in favour of Borz.

Costa is a really good and underrated grappler, and he's big and strong unlike anyone Khamzat has ever fought. Even if he gets taken down, he will just get back up. If Gilbert can bang with Khamzat, Costa will have zero problems. He has better standup, better chin, and has fought bigger more powerful fighters his whole career. Cardio is also very underrated. The man stood in front of Yoel and traded with him, how anyone thinks he's going to be worried about Khamzat.

Costa is a really good and underrated grappler, and he's big and strong unlike anyone Khamzat has ever fought. Even if he gets taken down, he will just get back up. If Gilbert can bang with Khamzat, Costa will have zero problems. He has better standup, better chin, and has fought bigger more powerful fighters his whole career. Cardio is also very underrated. The man stood in front of Yoel and traded with him, how anyone thinks he's going to be worried about Khamzat.

How did you gather all this data on Costa? He hasn’t had an impressive performance in nearly 4 years.

what you guys think?
He is a BB in BJJ, but his loss to Vettori shows where Khamzat can exploit.
But Khamzat is not Vettori, and it remains to be seen if Paulo filled that hole.

Depends on which Costco that shows up when he fights Hazmat.

The one who walked down Yoel Romero or the one that drank too much wine

How did you gather all this data on Costa? He hasn’t had an impressive performance in nearly 4 years.
I didn't gather any data, I'm just giving my opinions, and I mentioned the Yoel fight as an example. The Vettori fight also was a good showcase for Costa's striking, unfortunately for him he was fighting a walking sandbag. The body shots he was landing in that fight were brutal, and he had some great kicks, great volume, and impressive cardio winning the 5th round against a tough guy like Vettori.
Let's first see Khamzat fight someone good at 185 and then we can talk about impressive performances, because so far he has none at 185, unless you want to talk about a KO against an unranked BJJ guy

Firm believer Costa bets against himself.

Sorry, not to fighter bash without evidence.

There was rumors about this years ago with a fight,
and people are betting the town AGAINST costa on this one.

He's a troll, and does not take fighting seriously.

He is certainly built for fighting. Was once a fighter.

It seems to come and go these days.

If costa got taken down by rockhold then I don't know if he stands a chance against Khamzat.
I think the question is, what did Luke achieve with that takedown? Nothing because Costa just stood up. Well Luke was supposed to have top tier AKA top pressure, and better than Demian Maia jiujitsu… I’m not sold on Khamzats purple belt BJJ either, but I think he has better takedowns than Rockhold.
I’m hyped for this fight. Really hope it happens and this is the fight to make. It’s sad that we have to wait until october, but Khamzat gets more time to bulk and adjust to that new weight and Paulo can work more on his wrestling or maybe he chooses to drill for a fake glove touch and a flying knee, who knows?

As good as chimaev’s wrestling is, he has shown to rely on brute strength in the first round for takedowns. I think he is going to be surprised when he tries to takedown Costa or clinch with him. Costa has shown to have a decent chin vs anyone not named adesanya, and he has decent stand up. Not sure about his submission game. I think it’ll come down to how chimaev deals with the frustration of not dominating with takedowns and grappling in the first round. If he chooses to stand, it’ll get sloppy like Costa/Rockhold or the 3rd rd of chimaev/burns.

Back