Costa: Israel is fragile, knocked out by 16 oz gloves

People just want to find ways to hate on Israel. They are putting all of their hope on Costa to KO him.

the fight should be very interesting. costa isn't going to fight israel the way romero did...he may get wreckless at times....we'll see if israel can make him pay. israel loves guys that come at him, gives him a chance to counter....

I can guarantee you that i've sparred with 16oz gloves a shit load more than Costa. Been boxing since i was 12 and boxed amateurs, most of these mma juice heads never even laced up a pair of boxing gloves until they were grown adults, I'll leave it at that.
Costa started muay thai when he was 9 and is about to fight for a world title lol

You seem triggered. FYI who was i sparring? I've sparred plenty of professionals, plenty. MMA striking is a goddamn joke dude. Its literally laughable. Could Costa kick my ass in a street fight? Definitely. But lets get one thing straight, mma fighters are worse than amateurs when it comes to pure boxing. I literally have zero respect for their knowledge of boxing and their boxing technique so i'm not going to pretend to respect Costa's opinions on boxing subjects. If that makes me look like a keyboard warrior, so be it, i don't care.
And you seem off your meds :D

Ok, so what I'm getting from this is that you would be competitive against Paulo Costa in a boxing match. Let's say an amateur boxing match.

Am I getting that right ?

Dude I wish I was rich enough to buy you a plane ticket and a hotel room, and pay you some private lessons just so you can spar Costa.

Just so I can record you getting flatlined like in one of those pro vs normal dude videos :D

If you can provide just one youtube video of you sparring I will admit defeat. You don't even have to be good. Just a video will do. But be honest, don't just link some random dude sparring.

Last edited:
As someone who used to reguarly spar with 16oz gloves, you can definitely get KO'd with them. Of course its harder to do because the size means the punches are easier to block and hand speed is slower, but if it lands correct it can do damage. Large gloves are mostly for hand protection. Costa is an idiot for not knowing this,
No you’re an idiot for thinking costa is an idiot... of course he knows people get knocked out with 16s hahaha he has trained most his life

Id take a punch to the stomach from a 16oz glove vs a mma glove. I promise ull lose all the air you thought you owned from a boxing glove. Nevertheless Paulo doesn't sound very bright when speaking.

Costa trains with pro kickboxers all the time doubt he’s getting knocked out by anyone, Costa looks like he can really eat shots well. Hes probably blessed with an iron chin
your training partners arent trying to knock you out

As someone who used to reguarly spar with 16oz gloves, you can definitely get KO'd with them. Of course its harder to do because the size means the punches are easier to block and hand speed is slower, but if it lands correct it can do damage. Large gloves are mostly for hand protection. Costa is an idiot for not knowing this,
Correct me if im wrong, but power is mass times velocity, so it would be easier to get KOed as long as it connects right?
Also less concern of busting up your hands.
but yeah costa most likely knows.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to that Pereira guy?

You would think he would have heard about all the fame and money israel has and want to get into mma too.

Like he literally knocked out Israel a few years ago and now Israel is the one with the Nice Mclaren and more fame. Why arent more kickboxers making the move?

He has had a couple of MMA fights I believe. But he could never get to the UFC because he's clearly on shit.

I don't even care who wins, I just want to watch a good fight.

Try sparring with 18 oz or competing with 20 oz as a HW in Golden gloves. Shit sucks.

I cant imagine punching with sweat drenched 20 ounce gloves.

Im a heavyweight too but I put a lot of Tyson Torque into my punches...I pretty much learned how to punch by watching Tyson training footage.

His style is hard on the back but its a lot of fun.

I have this same dream every now and then.

I get in the ring and start swangin' but my hands are heavy and my punches have zero power.

WORST FEELING EVER!

Y’all know they were wearing 10oz gloves,
Right?

The guy that knocked out Izzy has insane power, I'm not sure how much more padding there is on the knuckles of those 16oz gloves compared to the UFC ones. I think Izzy beats Costa, will be a good fight either way.

Please give me a break....I think you're the idiot for thinking you know more than a professional fighter of Costas calibre. Please stick to eating your cheetos and snickers in the comfort of your computer chair lol you really think he dosen't understand the concept of large gloves being for used for protection? Whats next sir? he dosent know how to throw a proper jab?

"As someone who used to reguarly spar with 16oz gloves" ........ lol

Costa is right. He walked through Yoel while eating bombs from 4 oz gloves. Israel was on wobbly legs from one jab from Yoel and refused to engage for the rest of the fight.

Wow, all the sherdoggers that have done cardio kickboxing are really offended by Costas statement about the gloves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back