Could Cejudo beat Volkanovski and become the first 3 weight champ?

It’s crazy how winnable that fight is for him.

People don't understand the level of talent Cejudo has. He is not a normal athlete, he is a freak of nature. Yes, he could beat Volk. He can outperform far larger men because he is freakishly strong and coordinated. It would be a competitive fight, but Cejudo is an anomaly.

DJ is probably the most well rounded fighter in the sport's history alongside GSP, and Cejudo was able to go toe-to-toe with him and beat him (even though I thought it was a bad decision). And this is with relatively few MMA fights. Nobody improves at the rate Cejudo does,.

Cejudo is the most talented athlete in the sport's history. Even more than Jones.

3x better Takedown defense than anyone he's ever fought, better striking, and vicious leg kicks which he struggled with against Moraes. Also he won't gas like Marlon or be intimidated by pressure or the clinch.

He's 5ft6
I dont care how thick you think he is, he's short compared to other fw's.
I know how tall he is. He still has 2 inches on Cejudo in height and more than 6 in reach. He'll also have around 15 pounds weight advantage over Cejudo. At this weight 15 pounds are HUGE advantage.

Cejudo's striking is powerful only in short ranges, as you said it yourself. And is powerful at 135, this shit's not gonna translate well 10lbs. higher. He doesn't have any choice but to become slick in and out fighter, or he's gonna get KO'ed stiff by Volk. Who by the way, is using his range a lot more than before, has angles, and other things to offer standing up. He has proven 5 round cardio vs. much bigger men and also can absorb damage well. Sorry man, Cejudo can't even hope for a puncher's chance. This is a terrible match-up for him and his chances are slim to none.

Its definitely possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Well, I would, but I wouldn't expect to win anything. Volkanovski was manhandling Aldo against the cage, Aldo looked big next to Moraes, who looked big next to Cejudo, even with olympic gold medal wrestling, Volkanovski is just too much for Cejudo to control in any way, and the power difference of each shot would be vast too.
Volkanovski won't get tired either, there's just no way for Cejudo to win other than by a fluke or lucky shot, I think. Cejudo already has some hard fights in his own division and is outsized by some guys, Volkanovski is too much imo
With the amount of tko victories Henry has would it really be a "fluke" if he does that to Volk? his best path to victory s on the feet imo.

I know how tall he is. He still has 2 inches on Cejudo in height and more than 6 in reach. He'll also have around 15 pounds weight advantage over Cejudo. At this weight 15 pounds are HUGE advantage.

Cejudo's striking is powerful only in short ranges, as you said it yourself. And is powerful at 135, this shit's not gonna translate well 10lbs. higher. He doesn't have any choice but to become slick in and out fighter, or he's gonna get KO'ed stiff by Volk. Who by the way, is using his range a lot more than before, has angles, and other things to offer standing up. He has proven 5 round cardio vs. much bigger men and also can absorb damage well. Sorry man, Cejudo can't even hope for a puncher's chance. This is a terrible match-up for him and his chances are slim to none.
Cruz ie 5ft8 and just got tko'd by cejudo.
The height advantage isnt a big deal, henry is capable of ko'ing a lot of bigger guys.
His dirty boxing is good and being the smaller man, he's gonna be faster inside.

Cruz ie 5ft8 and just got tko'd by cejudo.
The height advantage isnt a big deal, henry is capable of ko'ing a lot of bigger guys.
His dirty boxing is good and being the smaller man, he's gonna be faster inside.
Alan, Alan, hear me out. You don't have any good points.
Cruz fights nothing like Volkanovski. Not to mention he is a lot less athletic and smaller. Volkanovski was never even wobbled by 145ers, let alone knocked down. And he is gonna have complete control of the inside space by being much heavier and stronger. What you say has nothing to do with reality.

Volk by quick TKO, would be rooting for CCC to pull a BJ Penn

With the amount of tko victories Henry has would it really be a "fluke" if he does that to Volk? his best path to victory s on the feet imo.
In my eyes it would be like McGregor knocking out Adesanya, it is possible, but highly unlikely, and when I say 'fluke' my definition is just something that's extremely unlikely. Like 5 or 10% chance, for me it would be a fluke

Even entertaining that thought, risks triggering a sequence of events that could lead to the destruction of the mankind as we know it and quite possibly the obliterate the universe.

Volkanovski is there to prevent that happening.

Imagine Triple C becoming C4.
Even if its a small chance, its the shortest route to gold. Literally the biggest money fight for him.
If he somehow wins he should challenge Khabib (or Gaethje) next.

Nah. Volk is too big, powerful, and long for Henry to deal with.

no volk to big strong volk has good defense hits hard very strong fundamentals

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
lol god henrys 1 ugly dude

I think Cejudo has the best chance anyone's going to ever have to be a 3 weight champ in the UFC and that includes Conor if he fights Usman.
I'd give Cejudo a hell of a lot more of a chance at Volkanovski than Conor has vs Usman.
Usman is an even worse match up for Conor than Khabib is but Volkanovski is perfect for Cejudo.

I wouldn't bet on him to win but I would certainly watch that fight.

In my eyes it would be like McGregor knocking out Adesanya, it is possible, but highly unlikely, and when I say 'fluke' my definition is just something that's extremely unlikely. Like 5 or 10% chance, for me it would be a fluke

Adesanya? Not Usman.

If it happend at the weigh in they're Volkanovski 5ft 6in and 145 vs Cejudo 5ft 4in and 145.
Obviously Volkanovski would be heavier in the cage but Cejudo probably walks about close to 145 maybe a bit above and Cejudo's wrestling is in on another level. I wouldn't favour Cejudo but I wouldn't be at all shocked if he won it.

Back