• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could O'Malley give a legend one more shot?

Yan would win again imo
100% agree that's what I'd pick. but It's gives aldo the high risk, high reward fight that gets him right back in the mix. And if yan wins, he's back on a streak against two guys in the top 10 maybe a fight for no 1 contender after that against Umar vs sandhagen loser?

It's a good match up because it goes good places either way. Although it's not the most winnable fight for aldo.

Also vs McGregor! Then Aldo vs O’Malley! Then McGregor vs O’Malley!!

He did not look "shot" in his last fight

He moved well, he was fast as fuck. The main problem Is gonna be his cardio in a prolonged battle and his ability to take punishment. When the guy he fought hit him, he def didnt react that well to that.

He's old. Not shot, but old. Performing at a very high level for his age. I dont think that is going to be enough at the elite level anymore though.
He can't see the punches without producing a big reaction. He slows down after 1-2 round of explosive slipping. He is still fast but he is standing right in front of his opponent after he throws a combination. He doesn't have the cardio to move his feet. If he moves his feet then he doesn't have the cardio to attack.

He is going to take a beating if he fights someone who is going to push the pace. He definitely didn't look like he is able to contend for the title. There is no shame in it. He is old and in a very light weight class. I don't mind him fighting some older guy like Cruz. They put Aldo extremely high in number 8 spot so I don't think that Cruz fight is going to happen. I don't think he can beat anyone ahead of him except for Cejudo. I believe that is the matchup they are going to make. I don't want to see him fight someone like Ya Dong or even someone he beat like Vera. At this point those two will batter him when he slows down in the middle of the 2nd round.

Reactions: HHJ
He can't see the punches without producing a big reaction. He slows down after 1-2 round of explosive slipping. He is still fast but he is standing right in front of his opponent after he throws a combination. He doesn't have the cardio to move his feet. If he moves his feet then he doesn't have the cardio to attack.

He is going to take a beating if he fights someone who is going to push the pace. He definitely didn't look like he is able to contend for the title. There is no shame in it. He is old and in a very light weight class. I don't mind him fighting some older guy like Cruz. They put Aldo extremely high in number 8 spot so I don't think that Cruz fight is going to happen. I don't think he can beat anyone ahead of him except for Cejudo. I believe that is the matchup they are going to make. I don't want to see him fight someone like Ya Dong or even someone he beat like Vera. At this point those two will batter him when he slows down in the middle of the 2nd round.
I still think Cejudo beats him. He's a step behind the elite but maybe not as far back as Aldo. That's the sense I get anyway.

Back