Social Could you live like the Amish?

What do you mean? In regards to electricity. A lot of them, especially the younger ones can still use electricity if they're not the ones owning it.
It's actually a little more complicated than that. They're allowed to use electricity for work purposes, but it can be only so convenient before it's not allowed. There's no hard rule against it, so every Amish community has their own standards.

Kids can basically do whatever, you're really only held to the rules when you're an adult and married. At that point you've gone on your rumspringa and experienced life outside the community, and then made the decision to live the Amish way. Most stay. The real problem with going Amish isn't the lack of electricity but the way they handle justice. They don't go to the police, so they handle things internally and that can lead to some fucked up things. Particularly a problem if you're a women, if you know what I mean.

Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.

— Matthew 5:5

They wrote a check. All paid with their construction monies....I’m assuming.

LOL, I assumed that they did their business by bartering stuff like food, or services.

Maybe they offered to build the guy a shed?

I'm completely ignorant about the Amish, lol.

I got flashed by two Amish girls when I worked at an Amusement park as a teen. Blew my mind. They exited the Haunted House ride that I worked at and sat on a bench waiting for their friends. Sat very unlady-like in their skirts, smiling at me the whole time. They were not wearing undies....

The more repressed you are the more you tend to act out when you have freedom. The Catholic School system showed me that as did being around Amish. To answer the OP, I could live the life for a short time but I've grown soft and accustomed to my modern life so it wouldn't last.

LOL, I assumed that they did their business by bartering stuff like food, or services.

Maybe they offered to build the guy a shed?

I'm completely ignorant about the Amish, lol.

My buddy had to call the owner to get a lower price approved cause they would want a “bulk price”. It was Canadian LTD whiskey which is trash. They did this run about once a month.

Also, the Amish live tax free on their income and property, so they’re doing okay. That would be the one big plus on moving out there.

I’d like to think so, but probably not, unless of coarse The Amish group was progressive..

Lots of misconceptions about the Amish. Lots of them around here, and while I don't know any personally, lots of people I know deal with them all the time. One friend had an Amish community pop up around his home, the entire road is now over taken by Amish.
As mentioned here, the "rules" are really only enforced as long as it's convenient for them. Meaning, if they need electricity or rubber tires for their extremely profitable business, that's fine. Their wives mow the yard with $15k lawn mowers. They're some of the only people that can go to a land auction, and pay cash. Some of them drink like fish, but I suppose a lot of us would with limited options for entertainment.
It's a different sort of life for sure, and some it it is actually appealing. But they've really taken advantage of their religion and sort of become a joke around here how much they can get away with. They use all modern conveniences, tear the fuck out of gravel roads, yet still don't pay taxes.

As long as they would allow women to use razors on legs/pits n they allowed women to use deodorant. Can't have my woman un hygienic.

Other than that after Football season I could go Amish a few months

Nah, i am not a good enough bowler for them to make another movie.

Only is the Amish Mafia lets me in.

Amish_Mafia.jpg

I wanna be a shot caller.

Last edited:
Am I getting young fresh virginal white women who are at least thin and decent looking?

If so sure

I admit it has a lot of appeal being and off the grid and self-sufficient community, living a simple family/friend-orientated community. I like the modesty of the men and women in their dress and manners.

I don't think I could tolerate being full Amish but I could see myself living a sort of in-between life.

Give me basic amenities, a vaporizer and one PC with internet and I think I could do it.

Anyone else drawn to that type of simple lifestyle?

in PA there are some hot Mennonite women/girls....shit....wood wood wood. My uncle married one and turned her into a normie...and her dad turned him into a millionaire....cheap fuck ain't giving me shit

I couldn’t, but if you need anything built or torn down I’d hire them first

Back