Covington and Khabib are the two best offensive wrestlers in the UFC

untitled.png
If you have to resort to describing grappling as gay b/c you think it makes your argument more convincing, then you're watching the wrong sport AND you're a homophobe.

Wrestling, jiujitsu, sambo are what separates MMA from boxing and kickboxing. If you don't like it, watch a different sport, it's common sense.

Because I like watching violence, and not one man lay on top of another, i'm a homophobe? All those techniques you described are for improving position or obtaining a more dominant position so a fighter can inflict DAMAGE.... or ultimately end a fight. But you don't care about that.

View attachment 294435

Because I like watching violence, and not one man lay on top of another, i'm a homophobe? All those techniques you described are for improving position or obtaining a more dominant position so a fighter can inflict DAMAGE.... or ultimately end a fight. But you don't care about that.

Since you likened 6 takedowns to sweating men laying on top of each other, i think it's fair to say you're a homophobe.

Take a look at the records of khabib and colby. They both consistently finish fights on the ground or inflict more damage than their opponents to take a decision victory, but that doesn't matter to you b/c take downs are "gay".

These two guys take people down at will and the two best offensive wrestlers in the UFC right now. In the past the best have been the likes of GSP, Brock and Cain.

These two have the highest takedown average per 15 minutes I can see among any fighter ever in UFC history (Khabib with 6.15 and Covington with 5.93 per 15mins and takedown accuracies of 48% and 53% respectively).

In his 8 UFC fights Khabib has had 39 takedowns and in Colby's 8 UFC fights prior to the Maia fight (where he showed his defensive wrestling) he had 41 takedowns.

Both are decorated wrestlers in their own right. Colby is a former 174lb Division 1 All American/5th placed finisher in 2011 and Khabib is a former two-time Combat Sambo World Champion.

Don't respond to this by saying there are more accomplished wrestlers out there i.e. Yoel Romero and DC because I'm speaking about the skill set of offensive wrestling as it is utilised in MMA.

Khabib is the better all round grappler (who can also execute judo throws) with the better ground game but they are very close when it comes to takedowns.

Colby seems to be a dickhead but you can't discredit his ability

all stats from:
http://www.fightmetric.com
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/dc9572dd6ec74859
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/032cc3922d871c7f

ClearcutEnragedAmurstarfish.gif

Colby-Covington-WiNS.png
Khabib is on another level.

Since you likened 6 takedowns to sweating men laying on top of each other, i think it's fair to say you're a homophobe.

Take a look at the records of khabib and colby. They both consistently finish fights on the ground or inflict more damage than their opponents to take a decision victory, but that doesn't matter to you b/c take downs are "gay".[/QUOTE

It's a part of the sport, I always put GSP behind Silva in GOAT arguments, Silva ended fights, GSP took no risks.

An explosive wrestler can end things visciously from mount or side mount with elbows watch Yoel vs Machida.
Or Rockhold vs Weidman. It's MMA man.

In his 8 UFC fights Khabib has had 39 takedowns and in Colby's 8 UFC fights prior to the Maia fight (where he showed his defensive wrestling) he had 41 takedowns.
Are those supposed to be impressive stats?

An impressive stat would be 1 takedown per fight and you finish your opponent on the ground. 41 takedowns in 8 fights means your opponent got up a lot.

Are those supposed to be impressive stats?

An impressive stat would be 1 takedown per fight and you finish your opponent on the ground. 41 takedowns in 8 fights means your opponent got up a lot.

Don't think that would constitute the best offensive wrestling, it would mean you're a very good fighter and have a solid all round ground game. Good offensive wrestling in MMA means being good at takedowns and clinching, that's all. Unlike someone who has low wrestling stats because they have a diverse skill set, their high accuracy alongside the high number of takedowns means they are constantly shooting for takedowns, often when there is limited opportunity to do so, and they are still finding success. A more balanced fighter might only try when the opportunity arises, inflating their accuracy, these two are managing to land plenty at a high accuracy, which is crazy.
Khabib's stats have been messed around with by the Tibau and Trujillo fights though.

Take a look at the records of khabib and colby. They both consistently finish fights on the ground or inflict more damage than their opponents to take a decision victory, but that doesn't matter to you b/c take downs are "gay".

yawn.

Colby wanted no part of Maia's guard and you call him an offensive wrestler. The guy was shit scared to grapple with Maia.

Back