Covington has NO redeeming qualities

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I can think of many unlikeable fighters that have passed through this sport, but for every one of them I can think of at least some redeeming qualities where I can somehow understand how one might be a fan.

In the case of Colby I can think of absolutely nothing, the guy has ZERO likeable traits, nothing.

I held this belief from day one, I never understood how this dude had any fans, but this past weekend was the last straw.

Before one could at least make the case that he fought hard, that he always came to win, so even though he’s the lowest of the low at least he will entertain me in the cage, but now that’s gone too. Then the final nail in the coffin, raising his arms at the end of the fight and pretending to believe he won, all with that stupid smile… just beyond sad and pathetic.

What an absolute garbage human being, if Masvidal snuffed him out that day, if Werdum put him in a permanent coma with that boomerang the world would be a better place.

Last edited:
He did, but he will never be as great as Paddy Pimblett, future hall of famer who is destined to be on the Mt Rushmore of MMA. Fedor, GSP, Jones, Silva, one of them is getting kicked out in 5 years time

0/10

Very subtle bud!

Can't stand him. He's not charming and funny like Chael. He just comes across as awkward and trying to mean and a bully on purpose to be a heel. It feels super forced. Honestly, Khamzat isn't far off. He's a great fighter but his personality is up there with Colby to me.

Can't stand him. He's not charming and funny like Chael. He just comes across as awkward and trying to mean and a bully on purpose to be a heel. It feels super forced. Honestly, Khamzat isn't far off. He's a great fighter but his personality is up there with Colby to me.

This.

The problem with Colby isn't the Trash talk per se (it obviously works according to Dana).
It's that he's fucking terrible at it.

His trash talk is becoming more polarizing, but his delivery is not evolving at all.

Fighting is 3/4 of why I watch, and he has clearly lost that dog in him from Covington v Usmon I. I get it, that style requires balls of steel (pause) to stand in Boxing range and empty the tank with volume. I just didn’t know Mr. Big Mouth didn’t have it in him to fight like that anymore.

Now he comes off as audacious for still talking like that minus the brutal fighting style. Ironically Mr Maga reminds me of a Black person who never saw the 1960s but talks as if they did … The audacity.

Back