Media Cowboy Cerrone: "I won't wrestle Conor. Going to go out there and stand with him"

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
It's pretty easy to hate when he's fighting gatekeepers who are 3-4 in their last 7 fights and hasn't won a fight since 2016.

Remember when you guys used to say he'd beat Khabib and Woodley?
<Lmaoo>
Remember when you got banned week ago for being retard and now you're back

Cowboy has never been the brightest fighter unfortunately. At least he will be well paid though.

If Cerrone does this, he will lose. He is slow as fuck compared to Conor.
He has a chance if h centers his striking advances around his heavy quick kicks to keep conors hands far from his chin. But if he boxes him yeah Cerrone likely eats counters and straights

Cerrone is a well-deserved respected legend, but this is exactly why he never made it to the top. He has a clear grappling advantage but doesn't plan to use it. Pure idiocy.

Cerrone is a well-deserved respected legend, but this is exactly why he never made it to the top. He has a clear grappling advantage but doesn't plan to use it. Pure idiocy.
Maybe because he doesn't give a shit about winning and just wants to make sure he secures the money fight.

Maybe because he doesn't give a shit about winning and just wants to make sure he secures the money fight.
My guess is he makes more money beating Conor and getting a title shot than getting a $50k bonus for getting knocked out in the fight of the night.

In other words "got paid to throw the fight". Deliberately going from 60% or higher chance to win to possibly below 50% just because.

Fucking circus.

In other words "got paid to throw the fight". Deliberately going from 60% or higher chance to win to possibly below 50% just because.
Fucking circus.
No. He is just saying, "fuck Khabib style of fighting"

Okay, hopefully he doesn't bring his wife and little pooper with him this time...

So just sign the fight and come KO me.. get your spit shine back.

tumblr_pkz0x3Nduq1uu6qs9o2_500.gif

Timestamped buds.

"I'm going to go out there and stand with him. I'm going to give you all what you want to see."

You folks reckon this is a good idea for Cowboy?
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Lol he's bluffing.

Conor puts him on a stretcher if he stands toe to toe lol

Cerrone needs to threaten Conor early on with grappling and put in Conors mind that Cerrone can get it to the ground. Unfortunately I think Cerrone loses by TKO. Conor is just too good with his hands and Cerrone has shown he struggles with boxers and southpaws.

Bullshit. Conor can literally fight Jason Von Flue and fight for the belt next time out. Cowboy probably won't get a title shot even if he beats the crap out of Conor...

Cowboy will be made fight a rematch if he wins.

Conor gets extreme favouritism and it's ruining the sport.

It's a double edged sword. Conor has brought more interest in the UFC, but the UFC is as corrupt as boxing now.

It's certainly more entertainment than sport.

Timestamped buds.

"I'm going to go out there and stand with him. I'm going to give you all what you want to see."

You folks reckon this is a good idea for Cowboy?
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

uh...yeah sure. because fighters always tell the 100% truth when asked about gameplans before fights ;)

Why are you disrespecting Cowboys skill set? He looked bad against guys who were bigger than him but still knocked out a few 170 fighters. Cerrone is extremely talented. How mad are you gonna be when he sleeps Conor with a head kick?

UFC should be ashamed for putting this farce of a fight together.
They have no belief in Conor whatsoever.

What a disgrace.

Babying their cashcow with 9th ranked fighters, who won't use their only advantages to win? For a title shot? lmao

Soon they'll be so desperate to get him wins and make a few bucks, they'll let him fight amateur bantamweights with one arm tied behind their backs.

This is a good idea for the fans anyway, would be an epic stand up battle.

And i hate to make it sound like all about the money, but if cowboy gets this fight he's already won in a way. If he wins it'll be a bonus. It's not like he's some up and comer he's already proven himself in terms of accomplishments.

You don't think he has a chance of clobbering Tony, Al, or Kevin Lee? I'd have to strongly disagree.
No, he lost to Khabib therefore he sucks. Couldn't beat anyone in the top 50.
Also Cowboy is 9-1 at LW for all morons that are yelling he is #9. He is #9 because of inactivity at LW due to fighting top 10 WWs.

Cowboy did the same vs Nate Diaz, it's not corruption it's Cowboy being a moron. If he actually goes through with it and isn't just saying it to get the match. But I think he does stand with him no matter what happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was an 'unofficial' condition to get the fight. It's not unheard of in combat sports, remember Kimbo vs Petruzzelli.
<{danayeah}>

Back