Cowboy Cerrone says he was sick on day of his fight with Leonardo

I believe. Cowboy has never lost legit. Always something unfortunate. One time he forgot where his car keys were. It happens.

I remember this other time... he got kicked in the mouth by his horse.

Usually I disregard this stuff but Cerrone has never made excuses for losing a fight. He’s always dead honest just saying he got his ass whooped, even if there were words leading up to the fight.
This.

Bunch of pussies on the internet calling out excuses like people don’t get sick. Meanwhile, they can’t win a fight against obesity, let alone another human

Cerrone got his ass beat hard; he ate those 1-2 like candy and now he says he was sick? i saw some weird stuff on his leg but if you went to fight, take the consequences and admit defeat.

This.

Bunch of pussies on the internet calling out excuses like people don’t get sick. Meanwhile, they can’t win a fight against obesity, let alone another human

You sound upset. How hard did you cry when Cowboy got beat?

Cerrone got his ass beat hard; he ate those 1-2 like candy and now he says he was sick? i saw some weird stuff on his leg but if you went to fight, take the consequences and admit defeat.

That's it. Take the L, and step back retool and come back again.

You sound upset. How hard did you cry when Cowboy got beat?
Lol. I’m not upset I called it. I actually thought Leon would finish Cowboy, but that fight was lackluster.

Maybe you’re jus triggered by the obese comment? Otherwise why feel the need to respond if it doesn’t apply to you?

Lol. I’m not upset I called it. I actually thought Leon would finish Cowboy, but that fight was lackluster.

Maybe you’re jus triggered by the obese comment? Otherwise why feel the need to respond if it doesn’t apply to you?

LOL sure you didn't cry. The self righteous anger in your post was apparent and rather laughable.

LOL sure you didn't cry. The self righteous anger in your post was apparent and rather laughable.
Leon was the superior striker and Cerrone didn’t have the wrestling to dictate where the fight took place. I expected a finish, but Leon had no urgency. That part was surprising for someone wanting to make a statement. He had a clear advantage on the feet.

There is no anger in my post. It’s a matter of honesty. The internet is full of fat losers who shit on pro fighters. They talk all this shit, but in real life, they can’t even see their feet. They spew all of their virgin venom when in real life, they’d shit their pants if they had to spar Mike Jackson.

You know how many embarrassing losses Cerrone has had? He has legandarily shit the bed when it matters most, but he’s not much of an excuse maker. He lost to a virtual nobody at the time in Darren Till, and he congratulated him. So when he says he’s sick anyone with critical thinking could consider it a legitimate possibility.

Leon was the superior striker and Cerrone didn’t have the wrestling to dictate where the fight took place. I expected a finish, but Leon had no urgency. That part was surprising for someone wanting to make a statement. He had a clear advantage on the feet.

There is no anger in my post. It’s a matter of honesty. The internet is full of fat losers who shit on pro fighters. They talk all this shit, but in real life, they can’t even see their feet. They spew all of their virgin venom when in real life, they’d shit their pants if they had to spar Mike Jackson.

You know how many embarrassing losses Cerrone has had? He has legandarily shit the bed when it matters most, but he’s not much of an excuse maker. He lost to a virtual nobody at the time in Darren Till, and he congratulated him. So when he says he’s sick anyone with critical thinking could consider it a legitimate possibility.

Where did I say it wasn't a possibility? My issue is him letting everyone know he was going to school Leon, gets beaten up and then tells everyone he was ill.

Where did I say it wasn't a possibility? My issue is him letting everyone know he was going to school Leon, gets beaten up and then tells everyone he was ill.
Well...

A. Professional athletes at the highest level tend to be confident?
B. He wasn’t sick at the press conference or for the promos?

Those are two off the top of my head. Point being, he’s a guy with easily a half dozen losses, he usually gets finished in his losses, and here is the first time he says anything like this. That’s how the ball bounces sometimes. He could have pulled out but then he’d be a duck to the internet police.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...e-main-event-with-leon-edwards-due-to-illness

“This is the first time in my career that I’ve ever almost called Dana White and said, ‘I’m not coming to work today,’” Cerrone told reporters in Singapore. “And then I looked at myself in the mirror and said, ‘Man, you’re not that guy. Just go.’ But that had nothing to do with the way I fought. I’m proud of myself actually for getting in there and fighting, so I’m happy, I don’t have any remorse. I don’t think I lost any stock, so all good.”

Cerrone said he was throwing up and feeling sick from the time he woke up Saturday morning all the way into the late afternoon, just a few hours from his bout.

“I was just sick, throwing up, just feeling... I couldn’t get out of bed, man,” Cerrone recalled. “I was just feeling like sh*t all morning, all day. I just wasn’t feeling like showing up to work is what I was feeling. It’s the closest in my career I’ve ever been to calling the boss and say, ‘Hey, man, I’m not going to make it.’ And then I just rolled over at five o'clock and looked at the mirror and said, ‘You’re not that guy, so get up and lets go,’ and here I am.”

Cmon Cowboy... First cheating by grabbing his gloves and throwing a head kick, now excuse mongering. Dislike Cowboy even more than I already do.

To be fair I do believe him . I do believe he was sick but to sit there and talk about it after the fact just comes off as making excuses he should’ve just kept his mouth shut and won the next one .

Last edited:
Well...

A. Professional athletes at the highest level tend to be confident?
B. He wasn’t sick at the press conference or for the promos?

Those are two off the top of my head. Point being, he’s a guy with easily a half dozen losses, he usually gets finished in his losses, and here is the first time he says anything like this. That’s how the ball bounces sometimes. He could have pulled out but then he’d be a duck to the internet police.

Of course fighters are going to be confident, that's expected. I just dont like him dropping the illness excuse to excuse his loss.

To be fair I do believe him . I do believe he was sick but to sit there and talk about it after the fact just comes off as making excuses he should’ve just kept his mouth shut and won the next one .

Exactly my point.

If cowboy pulled out of the fight due to illness, I wouldn't say a word. But he took the fight and lost. To infer it was his illness is taking away the performance Leo put on, is where I have a problem.
Exactly I feel the same way.

The horrendous fans are the ones making excuses for him, and completely disregarding his cheating in the fight. Cerrone has always said or done questionable shit. Why should he get a pass? If it was Woodley, there would be a dozen hate threads on the front page alone. If the fans calling him out are horrendous, then what are fans like you guys? Hypocrites? Jackasses?
ebf0b80fc0a29fbcedb5f53ad6f7c2cf.gif

Go #MeToo somewhere else.

So basically you're already just a hater and now hate him more? Fuck off, no one cares. Cowboy always brings a good fight and never makes excuses. I'll take his word over your retarded hatred all day long. Typical shit poster on shertard.

Back