• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cris Cyborg cancels drop to 135

So you're saying that Cyborg and her team lied? Also what proof do you have they lied? That's pure speculation.

The fact that Cyborg got busted and her legal team tried to get her 12-month suspension reduced by claiming a fight with Rousey was imminent is exactly just that.

Don't use that to pretend it means Ronda had signed up for the fight at 145 or was even willing to do so.

Unlucky for her, I bet she wishes the 2 events happened the other way around. So Cyborg busted > then she moves down to 135 and it doesn't look as obvious a duck as it was.

Last edited:
The fact that Cyborg got busted and her legal team tried to get her 12-month suspension reduced by claiming a fight with Rousey was imminent is exactly just that.

Don't use that to pretend it means Ronda had signed up f
or the fight at 145 or was even willing to do so.

Unlucky for her, I bet she wishes the 2 events happened the other way around. So Cyborg busted > then she moves down to 135 and it doesn't look as obvious a duck as it was.

When somebody's legal team submits documentation on that person's behalf it's presumed to be factual.

You saying 'oh thats a lie' without any sort of evidence is pure conjecture and means nothing.

WTF??At least thx to you i know Suarez and Chiellini train UFC...

There's a difference in closing your mouth biting someone to get out of the position like Ronda did and NOT doing it attacking the hands while waiting till the grip gets "softer".

Liz was forcing the tap and all of a sudden she let it go because Ronda bit her.Not because she had no strenght anymore.
If you actually watch the fight rather than talk shit about it you will see that Ronda calmly took apart the leg hold so she could dump her off. It had nothing to do with Liz getting bitten or gassed, it was just clear-headed thinking and good technique.

Just because something is repeated several times = does not make it legit.

Even the so-called "proof" is bull.

Ronda NEVER agreed to fight Cyborg at 145. Cyborg's lawyers claimed the fight was on the cards so Cyborg could get a reduced sentence. That is all.

So you are telling us Cyborg is not only a cheat but also a liar?
Imagine...
And she has fans that defends her all the time, I think that speaks volume of you guys..

So you are telling us Cyborg is not only a cheat but also a liar?
Imagine...
And she has fans that defends her all the time, I think that speaks volume of you guys..

I watched her CSAC suspension hearing, it was comedy gold and so full of BS it would blow your mind. Hopefully it is still available online. She said that she tested positive because her nutritionist was giving her pills and she was taking them without question, and they asked her how to contact this nutritionist and she said that she didn't know his last name, only his first name, and that he moved to Brazil and nobody knows how to contact him. It was mind blowing ....

Then later Tito screwed up and said that Cyborg admitted that she was wrong to take banned substances and she won't do it again. So .. what was it? Magical disappearning nutritionist who tricked her or she knowingly cheated? Like usual, her stories are lies on top of lies and her "fans" are just unbelievable in supporting her BS.

WTF??At least thx to you i know Suarez and Chiellini train UFC...

There's a difference in closing your mouth biting someone to get out of the position like Ronda did and NOT doing it attacking the hands while waiting till the grip gets "softer".

Liz was forcing the tap and all of a sudden she let it go because Ronda bit her.Not because she had no strenght anymore.

And personally i don't care.Someone posted Gina mounting Cyborg and i posted Rousey getting manhandled by a nobody only to show how stupid it was.

Mma math doesn't work...

LOL holy crap you are deluded. I was half-way expecting you to comment about how Carmouche's arms were a signal she was pressured by the illuminati to let go.

Everyone can have their opinion on who ducked whom but as everything stands now-

Rousey is the UFC champ at 135 lbs, and i'm gonna go out on a limb and say easily the highest paid WMMA athlete, in the world's premier MMA org, getting SI cover shoots and movie roles(however you want to value those things) being promoted by the UFC which in turn promotes her brand (herself) in ways she could never do by herself.

Cyborg is not in contract with the UFC, and refuses to make weight to accept fights at 135 lbs, has been popped by an Athletic Commission for PED's, stripped of her title and suspended, is now signed with a much much smaller, lesser known, lesser paying MMA organization, is much less attractive (face it- this matters in WMMA popularity) with an idiot as a manager.

The ducking allegations are all in the PAST.

If we want to see them fight now- there is one way to do that- and Cyborg blew it by not accepting the UFC contract to fight in invicta at 145 and work on loosing the 10 lbs. to make the 135 limit to fight Rousey for the belt.

I dont see any other arguments that can be made to support other ways to make this fight happen unless you completely remove ALL business sense from the equation. ALL OF IT. UFC, Rousey as product, contracts, longevity, etc. Remove all of those and yes- we can argue all day about the ways in which this fight can happen.

Cyborg says she's done with moving to BW, she's gonna stay at FW to fight nobody. Expect her to sign with Bellator soon.

Cyborg dont want it with Ronda, Ronda smashes her.

Ronda fights undefeated Olympic medalists.. Cyborg fights undersized amateurs.. yet somehow idiots of Sherdog still believe she is a threat to Ronda.

Ronda fights undefeated Olympic medalists.. Cyborg fights undersized amateurs.. yet somehow idiots of Sherdog still believe she is a threat to Ronda.

Amazing isn't it. Now she'll stay at 145 where there may be 5 high level fighters in the world and Bellator has 2 of them.

Cyborg says she's done with moving to BW, she's gonna stay at FW to fight nobody. Expect her to sign with Bellator soon.

Cyborg dont want it with Ronda, Ronda smashes her.

Pretty much the honest truth here

Everyone can have their opinion on who ducked whom but as everything stands now-

Rousey is the UFC champ at 135 lbs, and i'm gonna go out on a limb and say easily the highest paid WMMA athlete, in the world's premier MMA org, getting SI cover shoots and movie roles(however you want to value those things) being promoted by the UFC which in turn promotes her brand (herself) in ways she could never do by herself.

Cyborg is not in contract with the UFC, and refuses to make weight to accept fights at 135 lbs, has been popped by an Athletic Commission for PED's, stripped of her title and suspended, is now signed with a much much smaller, lesser known, lesser paying MMA organization, is much less attractive (face it- this matters in WMMA popularity) with an idiot as a manager.

The ducking allegations are all in the PAST.

If we want to see them fight now- there is one way to do that- and Cyborg blew it by not accepting the UFC contract to fight in invicta at 145 and work on loosing the 10 lbs. to make the 135 limit to fight Rousey for the belt.

I dont see any other arguments that can be made to support other ways to make this fight happen unless you completely remove ALL business sense from the equation. ALL OF IT. UFC, Rousey as product, contracts, longevity, etc. Remove all of those and yes- we can argue all day about the ways in which this fight can happen.
Well said.

If Cyborg truly can't make weight then perhaps she should focus on Muay Thai instead. The 145 weight class is non existent, the last time she fought was 17 months ago and i doubt she makes much money from Invicta anyway. There's not much room for motivation there. There might be more possibilities in Muay Thai.

That Muay Thai fight against Jorina Baars was probably the most entertaining women's MT i've seen. I've never been a fan of Cyborg watching her destroy undersized girls or just girls with crappy records but she earned my respect in this fight. The way she kept coming against a superior striker she has a warrior's heart no doubt. Id pay to see that. Volume punches vs technique, it was almost like watching Wanderlei vs Crocop. If you haven't checked it out already you should!

edit: highlights

Last edited:
She never had any intentions to make 135. Her strength advantage over blown up Japanese waitresses is just too good to leave behind.

So because Cyborg doesn't want to nearly kill herself to make weight, she's ducking Rousey?

Yet Rousey who said she'd fight Carano at 145 but not Cyborg isn't ducking?

Okay then.

Bingo!

Yep, looks like Justino's 10-year plan to lose 10 pounds is officially over, folks.

Cris Cyborg Gives Up on Bantamweight Dream Fight with Ronda Rousey

Cris-Cyborg-360SF-750x370.jpg

Invicta FC featherweight champ Cris

Last edited:
Hope she just moves on and ignores RR and the ufc. This was never going to happen and she knew it. She doesn't want to lose mass and that means no ufc/RR.

Back