• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cris Cyborg cancels drop to 135

Can someone educate me on weight cutting? As far as I know, women can't cut the same amount as men. So when we compare Barao with Cyborg, who, according to some sources I found on Google, both walk around at 170, and consider the fact that Barao is already at the very limit of cutting, I really don't think she can make 135.

Saying that Cyborg ducks Ronda is bullshit.

It is harder for women to cut weight no doubt. So the best way to do it is the safer way (over a period of weeks, even months) instead of the more dangerous way( overnight).

Can someone educate me on weight cutting? As far as I know, women can't cut the same amount as men. So when we compare Barao with Cyborg, who, according to some sources I found on Google, both walk around at 170, and consider the fact that Barao is already at the very limit of cutting, I really don't think she can make 135.
If you'd bother to read through this or any of the other hundreds of similar threads, you would discover that most agree she can not cut to 135 at her present weight. She needs to permanently drop enough weight to be able to safely cut to 135 near fight time.

If you'd bother to read through this or any of the other hundreds of similar threads, you would discover that most agree she can not cut to 135 at her present weight. She needs to permanently drop enough weight to be able to safely cut to 135 near fight time.

as much as i wanna see this fight is cyborg cant make the weight she doesnt deserve the fight enjoy watching rousey be the star and retire undefeated while u fight in invicta. she can make the weight but if shes gonna go about it 100 percent healthy she should take a year and lose some muscle fight a catch weighy fight then make her debut

but time to move on rousey vs cat is a great fight

and at the end of the day holly holm might be more dangerous she has tht one punch ko power

rousey vs cat

rousey vs holley

rousey vs the horseman slayer in brazil

tht is a good year for ronda meanwhile

cyborg will main event a lion fight and two invictas!

ronda would beat cyborg anyway

Serious question. If Cyborg were to fight Marina and beats Marina up does anybody think Ronda will then agree to a bout at 140 or 145 or would she just take it as a learning experience for Marina?

Would it depend on how badly Cyborg beats Marina?

as much as i wanna see this fight is cyborg cant make the weight she doesnt deserve the fight enjoy watching rousey be the star and retire undefeated while u fight in invicta. she can make the weight but if shes gonna go about it 100 percent healthy she should take a year and lose some muscle fight a catch weighy fight then make her debut

but time to move on rousey vs cat is a great fight

and at the end of the day holly holm might be more dangerous she has tht one punch ko power

rousey vs cat

rousey vs holley

rousey vs the horseman slayer in brazil

tht is a good year for ronda meanwhile

cyborg will main event a lion fight and two invictas!

ronda would beat cyborg anyway
If it takes a year plus a catchweight fight to healthily make a weight class, then that is a weight class you probably shouldn't be fighting in.

Saying that Cyborg ducks Ronda is bullshit.

She needs to lose the weight naturally rather than cutting. Which means she'll have to lose some muscle.

Which leads me to believe after watching her fight that she doesn't want to lose the muscle. She wins many of her fights by overpowering her opponents. Losing muscle would take some of that away.

Is that a duck? Maybe . . .

She needs to lose the weight naturally rather than cutting. Which means she'll have to lose some muscle.

Which leads me to believe after watching her fight that she doesn't want to lose the muscle. She wins many of her fights by overpowering her opponents. Losing muscle would take some of that away.

Is that a duck? Maybe . . .

I dont really think that Cyborg or Ronda is ducking each other.
At this level its all about making the most of your career and make the most possible money.
I think Cyborg uses Ronda to stay "relevant" and as leverage to make deals with other orgs.

I just wish she would have tried Dolce. I guarantee with a full year prep she could have gotten to 115 with him. So 135 would be no problem.

Back