Social Crisis' at Columbia University forces classes online, arrests at Yale College campuses are becoming battle grounds for Hamas and Isreal

These protests make zero sense to me. What do the universities have to do with Israel's actions. What action do they want them to take.
it looks like they just want to protest against israel and the donor class of the universities are putting pressure on them to stop allowing these protests to go on.

These protests make zero sense to me. What do the universities have to do with Israel's actions. What action do they want them to take.
Did you not see the congressional hearings with the big three? This is all endorsed and promoted by the top brass. Now it's boiling over. They're all basically Hitler Youth, and have been taught that this behavior is okay. These schools need to be federally investigated. This is not normal. These are not your typical college sit in protests. These are hate rallies that are forming into full blown hunting parties. They better get a handle on this shit, because these kids and the faculty are fucking insane.

All these embarrassing as fuck "students" should try living a few months under Muslim law especially as it pertains to gays an women . If they still want to protest then power to em but I doubt there would be many.

Tensions rise as police arrest 150 pro-Palestinian protesters at Yale and NYU
Unrest spreads across US university campuses as Columbia moves to remote teaching for remainder of semester after student arrests

Police arrested around 150 protesters at pro-Palestinian demonstrations at Yale and New York University on Monday night, while Columbia University announced that classes would be taught remotely for the rest of the semester, as anger boiled over on leading US campuses.

On the Yale University campus in New Haven, Connecticut, authorities arrested at least 47 protesters on Monday evening, the university said in a statement. Students who were arrested will be referred for disciplinary action.

Several hundred people had been protesting on the Yale university campus, including hunger strikers, demanding the university divest from military weapons manufacturers and other companies with ties to Israel. Yale said it had repeatedly asked students to leave, and warned them they could face law enforcement and disciplinary action if they did not.

And in downtown Manhattan, police clashed with protesters at New York University. There were reports of officers using pepper spray as demonstrators tried to block a police bus from leaving the scene with detained students, and more than 100 people were arrested.

Officers moved on an encampment near the university shortly after nightfall. There, too, hundreds of demonstrators had defied university warnings that they faced consequences if they failed to vacate the plaza.

Video on social media showed police taking down tents in the protesters’ encampment in a tense and at times chaotic scene. Some officers tossed tents, and others grappled with demonstrators.

They are arresting protesters now. This is crazy and how much more will this escalate?

Wow, Columbia caved and going to remote learning rest of the semester. What a joke.

If I was a student and/or parent of a student not engaging in these protests, I would demand a refund and/or sue them.

Staff need to do their job and get shit under control, but instead they just cave <lol> <lol>

Came here to post this.

8juuea.jpg

Labels are pushed here in the US from birth. It seems there's a want to keep us divided and it seems to be working. Some labels are treated as "special"; deserving of recognition and celebration while others are downplayed if not demonized.

In the past people pushed for inclusion and against treating others differently due to race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Now the push is to call out differences and treat individuals a certain way based on whatever trait is assigned to them. Those pushing for this don't see the hypocrisy of treating people differently and not equally.

At some point we went too far and let these labels define "us" when we should have let them die off and tried to be homogenous; viewing each other simply as humans and fellow Americans.
Good post, but don’t forget the period 20 some years ago when we were supposed to view no differences between people which has since changed to you HAVE to recognize minority status and raise it up

You’re definitely discounting a few other crackpots. To be fair, earlier this year, TikTok had Gen Z believing OBL was right and just.

I have a hard time imagining a future where history could ever be kind to OBL, but I can see people suggesting the west helped make it possible for his ideas to spread.

LOL at "crisis."

These university protests are boring 21st century sit ins.

The Zionist victim complex is out of control.

You are part of the problem. When people chant "Gas The Jews" that isn't a sit in jackass. When Jewish students have to barricade themselves in a library, that isn't a victim complex.....You are a true piece of garbage if you blame these students that are targeted.

The announcement comes after days of protests at the school which have raised concerns for the safety of the university's Jewish students and fueled a national debate over student demonstrations as campuses across the country grapple with growing unrest over the war in Gaza. Yale police arrested dozens of students on Monday after they declined to clear an encampment and Harvard closed its main lawn area to the public in anticipation of protests..

Gov. Kathy Hochul, a Democrat, met with Columbia University President Minouche Shafik Monday morning to discuss the security situation on the school’s Manhattan campus. In a video posted on X, the governor underscored the need to ensure students and faculty have the right to peacefully protest while also upholding human rights laws.

President Biden responds to 'alarming surge of Antisemitism' following protests

Following days of escalating protests at several major universities across the country, President Joe Biden urged Americans to speak out against an “alarming surge of Antisemitism” in the U.S.

"Silence is complicity," Biden said in a written statement Sunday night. "Even in recent days, we’ve seen harassment and calls for violence against Jews. This blatant Antisemitism is reprehensible and dangerous – and it has absolutely no place on college campuses, or anywhere in our country.

Columbia University is facing a full-blown crisis heading into Passover as a rabbi linked to the Ivy League school urged Jewish students to stay home and tense confrontations on campus sparked condemnation from the White House and New York officials.

The atmosphere is so charged that Columbia officials announced students can attend classes and even possibly take exams virtually starting Monday – the first day of Passover, a major Jewish holiday set to begin in the evening.

Tensions at Columbia, and many universities, have been high ever since the October 7 terror attack on Israel by Hamas. However, the situation at Columbia escalated in recent days after university officials testified before Congress last week about antisemitism on campus and pro-Palestinian protests on and near campus surged.

The latest crisis has opened Columbia President Minouche Shafik up to new attacks from her critics, with Republican US Rep. Elise Stefanik demanding she step down immediately because school leadership has “clearly lost control of its campus.”

Jewish students are being targeted according to reports and student safety has become a major concern.

Crazy stuff is happening at Izy League Schools because of a war in another country.

Pro Palestinian is not pro Hamas, but then you know that, but being a rightwinger you want to smear all people supporting the human rights of Palestinians as pro Hamas.

I don't care about the either one but if i had to support one, i would support Israel.
But the best thing about this war is jews getting harrased by the mob. They were supporting BLM and the other bullshit now it's turning to them loll
You reap what you sow

Pro Palestinian is not pro Hamas, but then you know that, but being a rightwinger you want to smear all people supporting the human rights of Palestinians as pro Hamas.
Only thing i'm seeing in that video is bunch of racist terrorists

Back