Cro Cop was a far superior striker to Anderson Silva

I'll have to watch the fight again, but I recall Fedor winning the standup as well, forcing Crocop to retreat despite Crocop fighting best while moving forward.

However its been a decade since I watched the fight. It was an amazing event, and the suspense building up to it was the biggest I've seen in MMA, so its possible my first impression was wrong, especially given the suspense and excitement.

It's on Youtube. That's why I rewatched it again recently. Only watched it once live before that.

c'mon - rizzo was 39 and both guys were out of their prime. rogers wasn't a pure striker, he was a tire salesman who won some mma fights against other tire salesman before winning the lottery against the one striker on fedor's resume (arlovski).

I didn't say they were / weren't out of their prime. I said they were *pure* strikers, in which, every person I listed was. Just saying X was old, and Y sold tires doesn't take away from the fact their *primary* tool set was indeed striking.

I didn't say they were / weren't out of their prime. I said they were *pure* strikers, in which, every person I listed was. Just saying X was old, and Y sold tires doesn't take away from the fact their *primary* tool set was indeed striking.
But then it’s meaningless as they weren’t very good at striking at the time. Just because it was their primary tool....

And which org would that be? Pride, where Silva has a winning record? Silva has a way better win % in Pride than cro cop.

Hmmmm...

Silva fought four times in Pride, and left the organization after he got eaten alive. The biggest string of wins he pulled in Pride? Three in a row. That's it. He managed to get a three win streak together before being subbed into oblivion, and leaving Japan in shame.

Cro Cop, from memory, probably fought 10-12 times in Pride, with win streaks going as long as five plus.

Spare us the nonsense, you should be ashamed to have a 2007 account and spouting such ridiculous shit.

But then it’s meaningless as they weren’t very good at striking at the time. Just because it was their primary tool....

I wouldn't call any win in MMA meaningless. Fedor did indeed KO multiple pure strikers in MMA, and he was coming from a sambo background, not a striking background. The fact he hung in there with guys like Mirko wasn't surprising to me, and the point I was making was that his striking was underrated, not that he was "the best striker, etc."

Reactions: HHJ
Glad to see TS and the other Silva haters got wrecked

Hmmmm...

Silva fought four times in Pride, and left the organization after he got eaten alive. The biggest string of wins he pulled in Pride? Three in a row. That's it. He managed to get a three win streak together before being subbed into oblivion, and leaving Japan in shame.

Cro Cop, from memory, probably fought 10-12 times in Pride, with win streaks going as long as five plus.

Spare us the nonsense, you should be ashamed to have a 2007 account and spouting such ridiculous shit.
/remove context

Anderson would leave chute boxe,go with black house,and become the fighter he was meant to be

I wouldn't call any win in MMA meaningless. Fedor did indeed KO multiple pure strikers in MMA, and he was coming from a sambo background, not a striking background. The fact he hung in there with guys like Mirko wasn't surprising to me, and the point I was making was that his striking was underrated, not that he was "the best striker, etc."
Indeed.

Fedor knew how to force whatever talents he had on his opponent,and they could not do the same to him.

In general this thread seems very suspicious to be honest....

way too many new members jumping on Sherdog and start questioning the GOAT status of Anderson and GSP... I know, I know, this guy has GSP in his avatar but that might just be some kind of distraction tactic and the intention is simply to discredit Andersons GOAT status and not to promote GSP, then soon again someone with a new registration date will open a thread trying to discredit GSP and so on. Its ridiculous but if a certain amount of people keeps on shatting on those two than at some point even the most ridiculous assumption becomes an legit opinion, you just have to repeat it often.

To make it short, all those anti Anderson and GSP threads serve only as platform to a certain fighters troll-nuthuggers to throw in their boy into the GOAT discussion
Chiaotzu would never have made a shit thread like this
chiotzu1.jpg

Huge Mirko fan but Anderson had a better all round game, Mirko had a high kick, a decent straight and all round good boxing fundamentals. Anderson had better defense too.

Hmmmm...

Mainly just doing it to go against the OP.

Can't believe what i'm reading
Do you realize Anderoid was outstruck by wrestlers,and bad ones for that matter who are nothing like Fedor standing?
Back to school fella and then comeback.
Do you realize that Cro Cop has been slept by not only wrestlers, but D level fighters like Schaub on the feet?

Do you realize that Cro Cop has been slept by not only wrestlers, but D level fighters like Schaub on the feet?
Do you realize how stupid this makes you look?
How would Anderoid do taking shots from 250+ pounds?Walk through them?You can't tell the difference from heavyweight and lower weight classes?
Second,Schaub in that time was good prospect against washed up Mirko,and surely isn't pillowfisted like Chael who dropped Anderoid in his prime.

Do you realize how stupid this makes you look?
How would Anderoid do taking shots from 250+ pounds?Walk through them?You can't tell the difference from heavyweight and lower weight classes?
Second,Schaub in that time was good prospect against washed up Mirko,and surely isn't pillowfisted like Chael who dropped Anderoid in his prime.
Heavyweight is the worst weight class in terms of depth and talent so it makes your point even more silly.

Mirko's striking = Spam left roundhouse + left straight. Really stiff and bad defense

I also love the irony of you calling Anderson "Anderoid" when Mirko was the most flagrant juice monkey in MMA history

Back