Crypto Megathread V24 - HODL the line — gains aren’t always on time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
V23 - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/crypto-megathread-v23-good-things-come-to-those-who-hodl.4217626/

Disclaimer: This is a karate sub-forum. None of what your about to read should be taken as investment advice.

FAQs, Resources & Terminology:

New to Crypto? Welcome! In this thread, we discuss the world of Crypto, potential upcoming market changes and generally have a good time encouraging each other to make lot's of money.

Never take anything any of us say as financial advice. EVER.

Please.

Also, this is a very supportive community, no question is too noob to be asked. We are here to help!

Don't know where to start? Here is a good Youtube channel which covers most of the basics.

Cryptocurrency A cryptocurrency (or “crypto”) is a digital currency that can be used to buy goods and services, but uses an online ledger with strong cryptography to secure online transactions.

Blockchain Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain.

Smart Contract A smart contract is a self-executing contract with the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller being directly written into lines of code. The code and the agreements contained therein exist across a distributed, decentralized blockchain network. The code controls the execution, and transactions are trackable and irreversible.

HODL is a term derived from a misspelling of "hold" that refers to buy-and-hold strategies in the context of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Shitcoins refer to coins that are highly volatile, do not offer any substantial technological advantages and are unlikely to be traded in years to come.

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) An initial coin offering (ICO) is the cryptocurrency industry’s equivalent to an initial public offering (IPO). A company looking to raise money to create a new coin, app, or service launches an ICO as a way to raise funds

Stablecoin Stablecoins are cryptocurrencies designed to minimize the volatility of the price of the stablecoin, relative to some "stable" asset or basket of assets. A stablecoin can be pegged to a cryptocurrency, fiat money, or to exchange-traded commodities

APY - Annual Percentage Yield

Mooning or Moonbag Mooning refers to a coin shooting upwards at an alarmingly fast rate. Also can refer to a coin multiplying by a factor of 2x+ in the future. Moonbags are your holdings of a coin you believe will ‘moon’.

Staking - Simply put, staking is the act of locking cryptocurrency assets to receive rewards.
https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/what-is-staking

Do Your Own Research - As previously stated, nothing you read should be taken as serious investment advice. As such, do your own research! All of the gains you make can disappear just as quickly.

**NOTE** MOST OF THE "CRYPTO EXPERTS" ON YOUTUBE ARE GRIFTERS. DON'T BELIEVE THEM AT FACE VALUE!**

www.livecoinwatch.com — free web based platform to track your portfolio holdings. This is useful if you hold multiple coins over multiple wallets or exchanges. This is the site where you see us posting those boxes showing our holdings.

I think we continue the sell off.

This is it, boys! The world will finally know how much Floki Inu coin Jake Paul holds.

I saw a YouTube ad for that today and I was like...

OGC.30f36cb408c3aa6ae3c3037119f88c8c

Since there was so much talk about Chainlink and oracles and stuff at the end of the last thread, it reminded me of a project I saw a couple months ago that seems interesting.

https://modefi.io/

Anyone ever heard of it? Thoughts?

I guess now's the time to see if this head and shoulders plays out

Since there was so much talk about Chainlink and oracles and stuff at the end of the last thread, it reminded me of a project I saw a couple months ago that seems interesting.

https://modefi.io/

Anyone ever heard of it? Thoughts?
Looks like a money grab, you should be careful with any project that promises you exact price figures.
Also they're using Chainlinks method in their litepaper of aggregation and redundancy.

Last edited:
upload_2022-1-8_10-31-2.png

In response to the Sam Harris wannabe.
upload_2022-1-8_10-32-10.png

Nope, not down. I know reading isn't your forte unless it comes in small bite sizes, but reading a simple chart shouldn't be too difficult, even for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back