Cub Swanson: ‘I felt Like I was Going To Die’

Happy to see no excuses and giving his opponent credit for a great choke.

Yeah, I saw his panic tap and assumed it had more to do with his neck than with the choke. Ortega’s chokes look brutal.

...and that's coming from a BJJ BB. That tells you something.

The longer you wait before tapping, the more relaxing it feels....less pain even..... as you're passing out. Like being in a dream state and it actually feels pretty good. Although you get brain damage or even die, but there's a Ref there so I don't see what's the big deal.

That says alot.. I'm surprised, T City has a great submission game, that choke was elite.

Cub’s sub losses in the UFC are all to champions or guys who have fought for the belt. His black belt is legit and he’s an awesome grappler.

Yes and No.....too many BJJ BBs but really it’s all about who trained them and how they can apply it in the cage.

Obviously, Ortega is on a much different level with that then Cub.

I'll clarify, Cub is considered a legit BB in MMA circles. Not a McBlack belt.

‘I felt Like I was Going To Die’

It's kind of a weird thing for someone highly experienced in BJJ to say.When you have been choked a thousand times you don't really think like that,you just slow everything down and stay calm till you go out or have to tap.Kind of a hard thing to explain but experienced people know what I mean.I just found it to be an odd thing to say.

Why didnt he just

Yd2Iq.gif

Dat foo
Because there is only one Arn Anderson, and he ain't him.

‘I felt Like I was Going To Die’

It's kind of a weird thing for someone highly experienced in BJJ to say.When you have been choked a thousand times you don't really think like that,you just slow everything down and stay calm till you go out or have to tap.Kind of a hard thing to explain but experienced people know what I mean.I just found it to be an odd thing to say.

There's levels in the game.

Ortega's details are on another level.

T-City is all types of legit! This dude can tap anyone in the division.

the look on cub's face at the end of the 1st round when he was getting strangled was one of pure terror/panic. i held my breath for him.

Didn't Jens Pulver do the same thing to him.

What would Conor have done if that was him in there and not Cub?

ko ortega
lol, i knew feeding the trolls would work.

Anyways, I was actually referring to the moment Ortega had Cub's neck. In that scenario, what would Conor do? Still think he would KO Ortega while his head is being squeezed off or would he just tap out in 3 seconds again? Thanks

Back