News Curtis Blaydes vs Jailton Almeida set for UFC 299 on March 9th

Who wins?

• Total voters
UFC won't allow Blaydes to be champ because of Ngannou, it is in the UFC interest to make sure Blaydes does not succeed and that Gane does, they will give Gane favorable matchups, make Jones look good and try to get him back to the championship while giving Blaydes tough matchups.

The UFC can do nothing to stop Blaydes being champion. If he keeps winning. But he doesn't.

The UFC can do nothing to stop Blaydes being champion. If he keeps winning. But he doesn't.
Due to matchups, we already saw Blaydes lose to Ngannou 2 times we didn't need to see White Ngannou do it too.

Jones in only champion right now because he got a favorable match in Gane and now he is getting another favorable one in Miocic.

If Jones entered the HW divison having to fight Blaydes or Ngannou for the title, he more than likely would have lost, so the UFC gave him a layup.

When is Gane going to fight Almeida or Blaydes?

Due to matchups, we already saw Blaydes lose to Ngannou 2 times we didn't need to see White Ngannou do it too.

Jones in only champion right now because he got a favorable match in Gane and now he is getting another favorable one in Miocic.

If Jones entered the HW divison having to fight Blaydes or Ngannou for the title, he more than likely would have lost, so the UFC gave him a layup.

We saw Lewis knock his ass into Bolivian, too.

You're really moaning about guys having tough fights in the UFC? That's kind of the point.

Good fight. I’m going with Blaydes here.

Gane is scared or holding for a titleshot?

We saw Lewis knock his ass into Bolivian, too.

You're really moaning about guys having tough fights in the UFC? That's kind of the point.
Blaydes can take a hell of a punch but his worst match up is heavy strikers with good TDD, that's not Gane or Jones.

Why are Gane and Jones getting layups instead of tough fights?

Why didn't Gane want to fight Aspinall?

Great matchup, I can't recall ever seeing Blaydes on his back, any examples of him in guard?

1303251950.0.jpg

Gane is scared or holding for a titleshot?
both Id say. I would also add the UFC is protecting him from grapplers, cause Blaydes x Gane or even Almeida x Gane would make more sense.
As to the fight, I will go against the majority here. Almeida drops really low on his TDs, I dont think he will have issues taking Blaydes down, but lets see how it will go.

Blaydes can take a hell of a punch but his worst match up is heavy strikers with good TDD, that's not Gane or Jones.

Why are Gane and Jones getting layups instead of tough fights?

Why didn't Gane want to fight Aspinall?

What are you talking about? Jones gets an easy match up, according to you, in Gane, but Gane is also getting easy match ups? What, like Jones?

Were you dropped on your head? Blaydes is primarily a wrestler. Strikers should be ideal for him. But he keeps getting KO'd.

That's on him.

What are you talking about? Jones gets an easy match up, according to you, in Gane, but Gane is also getting easy match ups? What, like Jones?

Were you dropped on your head? Blaydes is primarily a wrestler. Strikers should be ideal for him. But he keeps getting KO'd.

That's on him.
OK I can see you are being purposefully stupid, Gane has gotten favorable matchups up until he was sacrificed to Jon Jones, I'm sure Gane would take a tough fight if its for the championship as he did with Jones, for example, now he is willing to fight Aspinall but he wasn't before Aspinall was interim champ lol.

OK I can see you are being purposefully stupid, Gane has gotten favorable matchup up until he was sacrificed to Jon Jones, I'm sure Gane would take a tough fight if its for the championship as he did with Jones, for example, now he is willing to fight Aspinall but he wasn't before Aspinall was interim champ lol.

Right. He gets favourable match ups until he doesn't. And they keep giving the wrestler Blaydes horrible match ups vs strikers and it's everyone else's fault he keeps getting KO'd. The dastardly UFC strikes again.

I don't know why people think Almeida is actually a real contender.

Blaydes has similar grappling and is better at everything else.

I don't see a path to victory for Almeida.

If Almeida had better submissions or strikes, either one, he would stand a significantly better chance than he does now.

Right. He gets favourable match ups until he doesn't. And they keep giving the wrestler Blaydes horrible match ups vs strikers and it's everyone else's fault he keeps getting KO'd. The dastardly UFC strikes again.
My assessment of you is apparently correct, if you want to be disingenuous then do it with someone else.

Good match making here -- I am interested to see how Almeida does against someone that forces him to fight vertically for more than a short moment.

Always been intrigued by the matchup just wonder if this means Gane vs Aspinall or Pavlovich

I don't think so, Blaydes should be favored over Jones and Gane right now, he technically already beat Aspinall. He has a hard time with heavy strikers who can defend takedowns like Pav and Ngannou, not weak strikers who can't take him down like Jones and Gane. The top 5 is Jones, Aspinall, Gane, Pavlovich and Blaydes, why should Blaydes fight Almeida instead of Gane, Aspinall or Jones?

This is a matchup to derail someone they don't want as champion.

Almeida should be fighting Gane but UFC won't allow it.
Who should Blaudes fight then?

Pretty easy work for Blaydes.

Guy can actually wrestle and his boxing is decent now.

Jailton getting finished.

I gather you don't like your nonsense being pulled apart. Stop talking nonsense then.
I'd be fine with it if you could actually do it, I'm not afraid of growth, but I'm not going to go back and forth with you on nonsense like Gane hasn't had favorable matchups because he fought Jon Jones for the championship.

You know I'm not calling Jones an easy matchup for Gane but you present it like I do.

I'd rather you made real points but you do you.

Back