Crime Cyntoia Brown, teen prostitute convicted of killing John, must serve 51 years:

If she killed him to rob him then I'm not sure. But still, this young women probably looked at this type of guy as not human. I'm sure she had massive trauma throughout her life. Just really sucks

Gotta admit though. As a guy who picks up under aged prostitutes frequently this really spooks me.

Fixed.

Lololololol.

43 year minimum for a crime committed at the age of 16, by a person with emotional trauma, and which was done under ambiguous circumstances where duress might have been an issue?

God, that's an awful fucking sentence
I agree.

She should have been sentenced to death.

If she was white I doubt she would've got more than 10% of that sentence. The sentencing is debatable but severity of it would've been mild if she was the right skin colour.

I see the race card being played by the same old ones..

If they proved she meant to rob him and killed him in the process then she is lucky she has any chance of breathing free air again.

Same as the guy that ran over the protesters he deserves life with little to no chance of ever getting out again.

Just because you have had a hard life doesn't give a pass for one free murder.

43 year minimum for a crime committed at the age of 16, by a person with emotional trauma, and which was done under ambiguous circumstances where duress might have been an issue?

God, that's an awful fucking sentence
Its just murder, whats the big deal?

You won't have a prison sentence to worry about if you don't murder people.

Oh' boo hoo, murderer got a long sentence. I'm sorry, am I supposed to give a fuck?

Yeah, would need more info on what went on during the trial to "prove" she was attempting to rob him, but on the surface this looks pretty awful.

Not surprised at some of the comments by the usual potatoes though.

Hard to prove first degree murder. Was he robbed? Did she report it? Does she have a history of violence/charges? I mean, glad the pedophile is off the streets, but hard to prove first degree without knowing more.

Yeah, would need more info on what went on during the trial to "prove" she was attempting to rob him, but on the surface this looks pretty awful.

Not surprised at some of the comments by the usual potatoes though.

Yup. Learn the facts before you open your yap.
I don’t know the facts, so I won’t comment except to say that if you didn’t read up on the case before judging, you’re a certifiable dipshit.

16 year old prostitute; I’m sure her life was fraught with potential had this not happened to her...

@Lord Coke
Just note- this thread would be prefixed as crime. Law is usually going to be used for legislation or high court rulings on legislation. A murder case would just be something like crime.

@Lord Coke
Just note- this thread would be prefixed as crime. Law is usually going to be used for legislation or high court rulings on legislation. A murder case would just be something like crime.
Got it I am still trying to work out the new system

Got it I am still trying to work out the new system

No problem. We haven't clarified what each tag means yet in the guidelines so it's understandable.

What evidence of robbery was presented? I think that's probably the key here. If there is substantial evidence that she intended to rob him and then killed him when it went wrong, I have no sympathy.

Otherwise, that sentence seems ridiculous. A 16 year old forced into prostitution kills a man while potentially under duress gets life? That's wild, if true.

She took his wallet, serval guns, and his truck. It is also likely he was asleep when she shot him.

She took his wallet, serval guns, and his truck. It is also likely he was asleep when she shot him.

Yeah, I wasn't aware or any of this. Sounds premeditated. Let her rot.

If, after having extensive psychological evaluations, she’s not determined to be a psychopath or serial killer or any kind of violent danger, give her a second chance, imo.

I do think that 1st or 2nd degree murder should carry 30 year minimum. It's a serious thing to kill someone, if they in fact proved there was no struggle and she took off with his property, which it looks like she did. I woulnd't want someone in public who had the cohones to execute someone at age of 16. That's some serious shit to do, most wouldn't have the nerve or the emotional ability to go through with that.

But 50 years given her age at the time and the circumstance is pretty damn Nazi.
IMO 35-40 tops. Judges are off their rockers.

She shot the guy in his sleep, stole a bunch of stuff including his car and then bragged about killing him.
Kim Kardashian was the one who made this case popular when she claimed this girl was a child sex slave and killed the guy who was buying or trafficking her. Then it turned out she was just a prostitute and he was just a John.

Back