Dagastani boys the second coming of the Gracie Clan

The issue is they aren't really doing much "new" as much as they're doing specific things very well or better than others. Dagestan is p4p one of if not the best fighting region in the world, 4million people and look at their results in Judo, Freestyle, Greco, Sambo and even things like boxing, hand to hand combat and pankration are fairly popular there. Besides soccer, most of the regions most popular sports are combat sports. With wrestling they have a history and a dynasty behind it and MMA has become HUGELY popular in Dagestan.

You take the fact that they all train at high altitude, it's a republic with a lot less opportunity so things like fighting careers are more normal and seen as respectable paths, they're devout Muslims so they aren't in the clubs, drinking, partying etc. Even genetics and culture, a region that's spent hundreds of years through wars spanning back the last thousand years or more with the Persians, the Huns, Mongols, Soviets etc.

Even if the sport catches up to them, and it will, they will adjust back and for the foreseeable future even 50 years from now MMA will have successful Dagestani fighters. They won't phase out like the Gracies.
In that last sentence, you're comparing a country to a family. Apples and oranges, my friend. The relevant comparison/question would be whether the Nurmagomedovs will phase out like the Gracie's did.

It's way easier to join a BJJ gym and gain the ability to submit the average bar tough dude than it is to dedicate your life to MMA to become Ultimate MMA Champions!

Dagestani boys are terrible salesman. They may not be trying to sell anything other than political favours in Russia. The Gracies are amazing salesmen and have a product with much larger mass appeal.

In that last sentence, you're comparing a country to a family. Apples and oranges, my friend. The relevant comparison/question would be whether the Nurmagomedovs will phase out like the Gracie's did.

Ahh, yeah then maybe in time. All their kids are going to be stinking rich and their parents probably won't want them to be raised as combatants, so in 1-2 generations tops it'll dry it very likely.

The main similarity between Khabib and Rickson is that both retired way too early, proceeded to talk tons of shit from the sidelines and yet refuse to back it up even though nothing is stopping them, and both are more myth than substance in terms of overall legacy.

Seriously, Khabib was in the UFC for 8 years, was ranked top 5 for 6 of them, and still fought painfully weak competition for nearly his entire run. Yes he was undefeated (people sure love to jerk it to those green boxes on Wikipedia) but he is not a serious GOAT candidate.

The same can be said for Rickson but even less credible. Rickson is the BJJ equivalent of the guy at the bar who says he can pick up any girl he wants yet spends the entire night bragging to dudes in the smoke pit and you've never even seen him make eye contact with a girl. Massive talker, refused to back it up numerous times.

The main difference between the two is that while he clearly cherry picked opponents, I've never known Khabib to be a cheater while the same cannot be said for the Gracies. If you know the truth about the early UFC tournaments... yeah, they were hella rigged. Grateful to the Gracies for popularizing the sport but yeah... they are more sideshow than substance
Please give me examples of Khabib talking shit…. What he had to get a little loud to get his Title Shot!? Besides Tony who would you have had him fight that he didn’t? Everyone ducked him!! Gilbert Melendez, Eddie Alvarez, etc.

Khabib fought who he was supposed and he lost a total of 2 rounds….

22-2 Gaethje

25-5 Poirier

21-3 Connor

13-3 Iaquinta

19-4 Barboza who was beating monsters at the time

17-10 Johnson who just beat Poirier

12-1 Horcher

20-6 RDA on a 5 fight win streak vs studs

29-16 Healy

10-4 Trujillo

17-4 Tavares, just beat Stout & Fisher

27-7 Tibau, just beat RDA

7-1 Kahmal

The main similarity between Khabib and Rickson is that both retired way too early, proceeded to talk tons of shit from the sidelines and yet refuse to back it up even though nothing is stopping them, and both are more myth than substance in terms of overall legacy.

Seriously, Khabib was in the UFC for 8 years, was ranked top 5 for 6 of them, and still fought painfully weak competition for nearly his entire run. Yes he was undefeated (people sure love to jerk it to those green boxes on Wikipedia) but he is not a serious GOAT candidate.

The same can be said for Rickson but even less credible. Rickson is the BJJ equivalent of the guy at the bar who says he can pick up any girl he wants yet spends the entire night bragging to dudes in the smoke pit and you've never even seen him make eye contact with a girl. Massive talker, refused to back it up numerous times.

The main difference between the two is that while he clearly cherry picked opponents, I've never known Khabib to be a cheater while the same cannot be said for the Gracies. If you know the truth about the early UFC tournaments... yeah, they were hella rigged. Grateful to the Gracies for popularizing the sport but yeah... they are more sideshow than substance
Early UFC’s “Hella rigged”…… like setting Royce up against a 225lb destroyer with submission and grappling experience in the second round of UFC 1…….‍♂️

both are kinda cultish. but tbf, one of them is legitimately backed by a religion.

Why did you change from “Rickson” to “the Gracies” when talking about the main difference? Did Rickson himself cheat that you know of? If not, it’s dishonest to change the original comparison (Khabib and Rickson) and attribute to Rickson what others in his family did.

Not really in the UFC though. Royce won 3 titles or something pre UFC 5, that s true. But I wouldn't call that a domination. He was pretty impotent in his rematch against Ken and his best other win was Severn, who just had no idea about subs at the time.

I don't think that Royce would have beaten any champion past UFC7 ish.
UFC wasnt the whole MMA world,especially then,and Royce wasnt the only Gracie.

I feel like the similarities between the tribe from Dagastan and the Gracie clan are remarkable.

both groups show up on the fight scene with a somewhat unusual and revolutionary grappling style.

both groups have a legendary larger than life, unbeatable Champion that not only dominates all opponents but is also head and shoulders above the guys in each group.

Both of these guys (Rickson & Khabib) retire before their Prime ends.

month groups are right nit, extended family and incredibly devout to their fighting style.

both groups have multiple Champions and fighters dominating in multiple Leagues all the way up to the UFC.

Only difference I can see is a lack of in-fighting from the Dagastan fighters.

I just watched a recent hour long interview of Rickson, forget about the reason for his retirement which was the loss of his son. Similar to Khabib who stopped after the loss of his father.

I wonder that myself. Ive seen it happen once or twice and they dont offer an explanation

I chalk it up to them absolutely having the worst takes on earth lol.

Ive also seen people have an insane amount of likes (more than me) and hardly any posts.

Neither scenario makes much sense tbf.
Im so fuckin curious now god damn it lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosadus
Back