Dagastani boys the second coming of the Gracie Clan

UFC wasnt the whole MMA world,especially then,and Royce wasnt the only Gracie.

That is why I specified UFC. But let's not pretend that pre 2000 Pride was ahead of the UFC though.
I am not gonna lie, I do not watch other promotions from that timeframe though.

It's way easier to join a BJJ gym and gain the ability to submit the average bar tough dude than it is to dedicate your life to MMA to become Ultimate MMA Champions!

Dagestani boys are terrible salesman. They may not be trying to sell anything other than political favours in Russia. The Gracies are amazing salesmen and have a product with much larger mass appeal.
They lowkey hate russia, they just show respect not to start a diplomatic incident and turn their country into syria if they piss Putin off too much

They lowkey hate russia, they just show respect not to start a diplomatic incident and turn their country into syria if they piss Putin off too much
Dagestan isn't a country.

I am not sure about that, good sir.

I watched both from the beginning big guy, I know what I was seeing.
By 2003 PRIDE shit on the UFC and the UFC knew it.

They even tried to send their "best fighter" Chuck Liddell to win the tournament and got smashed by Rampage..the 3rd best fighter in his weight class.

Id say they were better sir.
Shogun, Wandy, Rampage, Nog, Fedor, Saku, ...not even close tbh.

Guy probably had most of his posts before Sherdog introduced the like feature sir.

I had around 6,500 posts before likes were a thing on here too.

Now that makes sense.
At least somebody is using their fuckin head around here sir lol.

They even tried to send their "best fighter" Chuck Liddell to win the tournament and got smashed by Rampage..the 3rd best fighter in his weight class.

I also watch both from the start. You are not the only one who knows his shit sir.

You said "after a few events". Do you find Pride 6 better than contemporary UFC events? Be careful what you say, sir, because I am ready to go to the bottom of that argument.

I also watch both from the start. You are not the only one who knows his shit sir.

You said "after a few events". Do you find Pride 6 better than contemporary UFC events? Be careful what you say, sir, because I am ready to go to the bottom of that argument.

This is a 2 part, answer.
I would rather watch current UFC than the 99 version of PRIDE, but I preferred the culture of that time more.

Can you elaborate on that for my old ass sir? Lol
If you check the post history etc. You will probably find a pattern in the topics or agenda, that is always something that will create hype or benefit some group of athletes, and the success of those athletes will benefit people or organizations supporting them. It can also be done the otherway around by denigrating the opposing side (in this case athletes opponents). This has been long in other topics, but it has come to sports too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_farm

https://www.deseret.com/2022/12/20/23505756/internet-troll-farms-russia-social-media

If you check the post history etc. You will probably find a patterin on the topics or agenda, that is always something that will create hype or benefit some group of athletes, and the success of those athletes will benefit people or organizations supporting them. It can also be done the otherway around by denigrating the opposing side (in this case athletes opponents). This has been long in other topics, but it has come to sports too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_farm

https://www.deseret.com/2022/12/20/23505756/internet-troll-farms-russia-social-media

Gotcha, you're a gentleman and a scholar sir.

This is a 2 part, answer.
I would rather watch current UFC than the 99 version of PRIDE, but I preferred the culture of that time more.
Anyways, i think we tend to downplay the quality of first generation UFC. It didn't stay bushleague very long. Pre 2000 UFC had Don Frye, Randy, Kevin Jackson, Tito, Coleman, Randleman, Frank Shamrock, etc. All these guys would still be competitive today.
At the same time, early Pride events had these weird grappling matches disguised as MMA, had fighters litterally fleeing the ring because they didn't want to fight, etc.

Not saying that one is better than the other overall, but I totally disagree that "after a few events, Pride got better than UFC". That is simply not true.

What I do concede though is that Pride got much more advanced grappling since inception though.

Anyways, i think we tend to downplay the quality of first generation UFC. It didn't stay bushleague very long. Pre 2000 UFC had Don Frye, Randy, Kevin Jackson, Tito, Coleman, Randleman, Frank Shamrock, etc. All these guys would still be competitive today.
At the same time, early Pride events had these weird grappling matches disguised as MMA, had fighters litterally fleeing the ring because they didn't want to fight, etc.

Not saying that one is better than the other overall, but I totally disagree that "after a few events, Pride got better than UFC". That is simply not true.

What I do concede though is that Pride got much more advanced grappling since inception though.

There was like an event or 2 a year...from 99 to 2003 they got better.
PRIDE FC was better by 2002.

99 was a fucking weird time for all of MMA.

I also didn't say 99 PRIDE was better than 99 UFC.

But it certainly didn't take long sir.

There was like an event or 2 a year...from 99 to 2003 they got better.
PRIDE FC was better by 2002.

99 was a fucking weird time for all of MMA.

I also didn't say 99 PRIDE was better than 99 UFC.

But it certainly didn't take long sir.
I think you didn't say it but you implied it. But anyways I don't want to nitpick with you sir as in the end we don't quite disagree, you see.

I think you didn't say it but you implied it. But anyways I don't want to nitpick with you sir as in the end we don't quite disagree, you see.

Why, you wanna fight?
We'll fight like everyone else does so we can show these fucks how its done? Lol.

I don't imply usually, I tend to say what I mean to avoid that need for nitpicking ;)

I still love you and you can do anything about it ya bastad lol

Dana looked like a fool when Chuck got smashed. He was all bragging about a cooling chamber in between bouts to get Chuck fresh in between fights because it was tourney style and after Chuck lost because he “Didn’t follow the gameplay” Dana was all “We’re gonna help Quentin out, it would be nice to see an American win this…..” Dana was so cocky brining Chuck to Japan, based on his interviews and commentary, it was funny.

Dana looked like a fool when Chuck got smashed. He was all bragging about a cooling chamber in between bouts to get Chuck fresh in between fights because it was tourney style and after Chuck lost because he “Didn’t follow the gameplay” Dana was all “We’re gonna help Quentin out, it would be nice to see an American win this…..” Dana was so cocky brining Chuck to Japan, based on his interviews and commentary, it was funny.

And he lost a ton of cash betting on Chuck to win the tournament, what a scrub lol.
Dana found out quick that the UFC was inferior and rightfully so sir.

Back