Damo Marino's spindly apendages

Good old kesa gatami.....my eldest son's go-to move at the moment (probably because it's the first thing he learnt in Judo!)
Yeah bro, once you are got you are definitely got haha

Feels:
A cupply of the crew like their knee bar's and straight ankle wanks, I'm gonna have to tuck them away as I'm getting a bit wobbly.
In some ways I wish our gym would disallow white belts from doing them as they tend to crank them on hard with little control, in other ways it's good as its teaching me to be aware of the danger of them.

Carahlo

Pm did 7-1,6-1,5-1,4-1,3-1,2-1,1 chins, every man and his dog and fuckin puppies had to walk down the track MY bar is in

Last edited:
Day 32

Half hour bike then ickle bit bag movement, muddy motivation.

3*2min of sprawl and move w 1min rest, could've pushed harder, stiff as a board.
2*5min of move on bag.
2*5min of re-guard drill/ snake(snail) movement.
200 extensions in 20's.

Feels: floating ribs have been sensitive, ankles and knees are mud: will roll with white belt homies and newbies on 33 trying re-guards and sweeps.

New bag drill prior to class, hold bag across chest, link and squeeze arms up and across to '1 o'clock', bridge and roll through shoulder in same direction as arms are squeezed, mount, do other side.

Day 33

No new peeps at jits, the main man wasn't there but Gouku was, taught us single leg x guard: Block knees, butt scoot between legs, left knee up to block pass, right arm hooks around uke left leg and grab owns hips, right leg weaves in and around uke left foot to their left hip, left leg clasps close to uke left to almost triangle, hip up (its all in the hips) and switch hips back and forth through uke knee to sweep, technical out, control legs, pass, mount, points......gold.

Chilled with old lion judoka today, showed me some scarf hold escapes
Bridge legs under opponent then bridge back to sweep.
Dangle arm as bait for kimura with other hand in armpit, opponent goes for kimura you use their momentum to push and sweep.
Bridge legs under opponent and switch legs out, get on knees and use to power out.

Cheah matua.
Happy Easter.

Last edited:
Had a cupply days piggery
Day 34
Open mat
Rolled for little under an hour, what did I learn? From bottom- when stacked jam opponent jaw with right arm, slide right leg down opponent left arm, jam left leg forward then hip up to triangle. When opponent heavy in side jam hand between your chest and theirs and make fist...lol. Don't allow near side head underhook or far arm underhook.

Fight hands fight hands fight hands

Attack is defend

6 down chins and ickle roley poley

Day 35
Jits tech with Gouku:
Warm up way better with young buck. Knees, hips and all else need it.
I've gotta stretch longer tonight, maybe do some bridging too.

Tech 1 pass: hands on Uke knees, collapse left knee out and left big step to that side, right hand to Ukes left hip, left hand scoops collapsed knee up and across to other side, right pushes hip and moves to cradle collapsed leg, drop left knee to Uke hip/butt, cradle and pin, side mount, arm bar........
Tech 2 pass: same starting position as previous, take one big step to outside of Uke and knee on hip and belly, right foot to Uke's right side, speed is the key, speed and knobbly knee pressure, same kind of switching knee ride as day 28 notes: ankles crossed at switch, butt to their thigh, sit up chest proud.................. posted leg on mat at right angle to uke's head, thigh parallel with floor sink weight through center ......need to focus on speed for both drills, speed and crushing pressure........

Rolled with new peeps, brain farting today should have really focused on improving position/ sweeping and baiting, also rolled with dude at my level of crapness, got caught in triangle and tried new step over escape, needed to drive knee into uke hip to control.........bell...........water.........chats........feels like I stole something

Last edited:
Day 36

Have been lacto/ovo for the last two weeks, have way more bounce in the morn, might make it permanent pesca

AM
Good bike, 4 rounds of 3min on heavy bag, 1 min rest, pushed hard enough, mostly 1's and 2's, moved around a little on the floor w no timer, did knee ride/ transition drill, achy all over

Last edited:
Day 37
Slept in until 7, feels good man, lunch time jits it is, today I am the nail.

Main man away again, brownie mcbrownerson took class.
2 techs and drill to get warm, chur brownie:
1:Start on uke's back sitting with seatbelt, roll uke to non over hand side, uke strips bottom hook, drive knee into shoulder and get hips on top of uke, pull to other side, get hook back in, back and forth for five min each.
2:Start knee on belly off left side, uke shrimps, big step over head onto left and collapse onto hip into pin, get seat belt, uke scrambles to knees and turtles, left leg overhook uke right calf and pull, right knee drives down to uke right knee and push, pull uke onto side getting both hooks in.

Roll: Was really chill dog, was able to quiet busy mind, really helpful non spaz partners, what did I learn? Tighter straight ankle from polish express, specifically cinching shoulders and hands to create pressure, if locking left then own left foot needs to be under uke left hip, hands grip each other not leg. Attempted day 35 speed pass and day 33 single X sweep, need to control arms and clear them to be able to mount after, also need more hip pressure, single x needed to also hook leg with arm, single x worked and was really fast but could have been better, when stacking and trapped in guard needed to head up and deadlift out.

PM
Proper ladder of chins, little to no rest, overhead press KB for reps of ten each arm then switch until I got bored

Last edited:
Day 38

4 hours sleep, motivation for timed rounds dull
Had a play on the bag, on and off for 40min, maybe 100 teeps at the end
Easy striking bag at end of pendulum
Good to have a little Friday jam and watch the different coaches work
Might give the rope a blat this weekend

Day 39
Played on the bag.
2 min skipping 2 min on bag playing with combos for 35-45min.
Will go to Jits on 40 and 41 but will be overseas for 2-3 weeks so need a regime: Alternate days 1 AM 5 Jog then wind sprints PM press and/or pull 2 AM Off PM Hinge movement/ BW squat and back/neck/core.
Numbers forthcoming.

Overseas for work or pleasure? If work, what is it you do?

Overseas for work or pleasure? If work, what is it you do?
Going back to home country for holiday brosef, introduce the wee fella to his grandfathers. I'm from New Zealand and currently live in Australia. I work for a commercial property company who provide the soft and facilities services for one of the big four banks in Australia, while I take pride in my work being part of the corporate world irks me on a lot of levels.

What about you man, what pays your bills?

Last edited:
Day 40
Jits tech, main man is back:
Warm up with pummel switching partners.

Start from standing, one hand wrist control, one hand plam, snap down with plam, wrist control moves to snake under chin, plam hand moves to snake under same side arm, big step to that side, under hook arm moves to snake behind same side leg, gable hands and drive uke to floor, use chin to drive down uke top arm at arm pit, this goes toward setting up a tighter choke, arm that has leg hooked snakes under uke top arm and neck, other arm drives uke head down, snake arm moves to grip other arm bicep, hips down, anchor feet back, squeeze arms, nighty night.

Roll, what did I learn:
Need to find other ways to reguard and fight passes, dont let uke pass head to north/south type positions when on top, need to find way to scramble to better position...........mai god

Last edited:
Going back to home country for holiday brosef, introduce the wee fella to his grandfathers. I'm from New Zealand and currently live in Australia. I work for a commercial property company who provide the soft and facilities services for one of the big four banks in Australia, while I take pride in my work being part of the corporate world irks me on a lot of levels.

What about you man, what pays your bills?

Nice, have a great time mate. I work for an international telecommunications company, have done for 17 years.

Have had a virus, me, Ma n Bub all struck, 5 days of fuck all, blister has invited me to her kickboxing class 2moz, good to be home, vibes are fucked up in oz.... Anyway......
Went to kicky class with blister-was a good little family vibe place run by kyokushin bb and mejiro type kickboxer, general calisthenics warm up then group of three punch drill followed by pair drill then warm down....easy peasy but good atmosphere, nice peeps and good to get a sweat on cheah sister

Last edited:
Have done fuck all except for 1 kickboxing class in the last cupply weeks, was constantly travelling and catching up w fam and friends, back on the horse tomorrow

Still haven't done a workout however I have acquired an ill fitting Gi.....am now pissing pants in anticipation of chokey times

Do away with numbered day, it now has no meaning, have decided to work out and record Tue to Sat each week.

Today is Tue:
Bike 25min, skipped for 2 min/30 rest *3 (got dressed in rest), triangle hip up 1min/sprawl 1min/30sec rest, mma bag movement 1min/ sprawl 1min/ 30sec rest, play on bag and floor.

Tech class: defense when standing and in headlock - control uke's arm and get ready to strip, foot opposite to uke's arm control steps between uke's legs, own same arm hooks inside same leg as uke's arm control, pull/ fall back on to same hip as uke's arm control, move to shoulder secure base stripping arm, if uke keeps guillotine walk legs toward uke's head on same side.

Roll, lessons:
When standing and uke on deck don't move to grasp uke hands as they can also control you, look to make base secure in either their half or full then pass.

Don't forget D'arce as an option......carahlo

Last edited:
Wenerei

25min bike, my steez
Pick shit up and put it down

Double hook grips overhand deads:
3*8@70
4*4@100
5*1@120
4*1@130
5*8@70

Not moving with a great deal of urgency to add and strip weight, go back to bar when I feel, maybe 1min rest between sets, focused on speed past knees in first 3 sets, maintaining neutral position on next 4 sets and pushing earth away on singles.

Practice wrestlers bridge using battle rope for around 15min, stretch back and hips for 10.

Bananas

Last edited:
Back