Dan Hardy´s breakdown of Izzy vs Poatán 4

Izzy desperately tries to panic wrestle. If he can succeed with that, he wins. Otherwise, he will lose again.

I’ll be curious of his mental state too after facing a guy who’s beat him so many times. I think he’s probably fine and mentally strong but this is one of the highest pressure fights for anybody, ever.

Izzy desperately tries to panic wrestle. If he can succeed with that, he wins. Otherwise, he will lose again.

I’ll be curious of his mental state too after facing a guy who’s beat him so many times. I think he’s probably fine and mentally strong but this is one of the highest pressure fights for anybody, ever.

Can't help but feel like it's probably just another fight for Alex too. Im sure izzys fine with it but that's gotta be a massive mental hurdle in itself

yea im curious too as to how Izzy approaches this fight...he probably will wrestle much earlier this time I think...If he comes in mentally shook and doesnt execute a perfect gameplan for 25 minutes then itll be lights out early for him

I agree. Poatan is a smart and manly man. Handsome af too. Adesanya is total opposite.

BV2_VV5z_CYAAMU_M.png
sanjinoow.png
Mihawk-Laught.png
So jealous of the anime emotes..

If Izzy wrestles I hope he'll be implementing doubles. Last fight whenever he tried to engage the grappling he would clinch up and go for the body lock trying to outmuscle the much bigger Pereira, who would outstrike him in the clinch with lots of knees. It might have lead to him gassing a bit.

I love Hardy's analysis videos. He may not be right 100% of the time but his observations are true.

People like to say Izzy was up 3-1, but two of the rounds he won... round 1 - he edged him at the end, because he was comfortably losing it prior. Round 3 - he won through wrestling...

Izzy never looked in control of the fight - and danger was always looming with Alex marching forward. Needs to fight in the middle of the octagon. Not get pressed back.

Poatan poured it on in the 5th, arent you guys worried that he might not be able to replicate the same scenario?

Granted his finish seems more repetable than Leon's, since he basically overwhelmed him, but a part of me still thinks the most likely scenario is a repeat of the 1st fight, minus the finish

Heavily rooting for Pereira though

Back