Dan Hardy names Mt. Rushmore of European MMA

I don't know why Bisping would be on the Mt Rushmore of European mma. A career gatekeeper who won the title at the end of his career. I love Bisping but that's giving undue preference to the UK. Joanna Contender and Overeem would be ahead of him in the rankings.

I mean, it's his opinion, not everyone's.

For me:

Fedor
Khabib
Mousasi
Igor V / CroCop flip of the coin sort of...

I don't think a lot of folks around here never heard of or watched Igor fight, I think his last fight was early 2000's and he retired fairly young.

LOL at people getting salty about a WOMAN, Joanna J, being on the list. Of course she should be there. First real SW champ of the UFC, defended the belt five times...way better resume than bums like Bisping or Reem.

Jarl

Fedor and Cro Cop and Rutten and Overeem

Bisping has not really done anything outstanding for the sport. Fedor, Khabib and Conor make sense.

Darren Till, Kongo, Remco Pardue, "Dirty" Bob Schrijber

Just to ruffle some feathers.

Wtf, Europe includes Russia? Would Russia not be more an Asian Mount Rushmore? When I hear Eastern Europe it never really seems like Russia is included in those countries.

That country is so big it's probably spread across both the European and Asian continental plates. But, since I don't consider Russia to be Europe, here would be my European Mount Rushmore:

Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping, Bas Rutten, Joanna J

Edit: might have to swap Joanna for Andrei Arlovski @G10

Last edited:
Putting Conor on this list is insulting to all of Europe and even to lists in general. Get it together

Wtf, Europe includes Russia? Would Russia not be more an Asian Mount Rushmore? When I hear Eastern Europe I never see Russia being included.

That country is so big it's probably spread across both the European and Asian continental plates. But, since I don't consider Russia to be Europe, here would be my European Mount Rushmore:

Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping, Bas Rutten, Joanna J

Edit: might have to swap Joanna for Andrei Arlovski @G10
A lot of the land in Russia is in Asia but the vast majority of the people are in Europe that's where all the major cities are. Both Khabib and Fedor are European.

A lot of the land in Russia is in Asia but the vast majority of the people are in Europe that's where all the major cities are. Both Khabib and Fedor are European.

Makes sense, but I wonder if Fedor and Khabib call themselves European? I'd be surprised if they did. Russia has its own unique thing going on in lots of ways.

Makes sense, but I wonder if Fedor and Khabib call themselves European? I'd be surprised if they did. Russia has its own unique thing going on in lots of ways.
It'd be shocking if Fedor didn't. Russians (and Ukrainians) call themselves European.

Pretty sad state of affairs for Europe if Bisping is one of the four greatest fighters they’ve produced

Fedor and Conor without question, Rutten, Bisping. This makes the most sense to me.

It'd be shocking if Fedor didn't. Russians (and Ukrainians) call themselves European.

Ukrainians I would have assumed considered themselves European, but good to know about Russians too.

Fedor
Khabib
Conor
Valentina

Same here. Valentina getting slept on.

Conor is likely an unpopular choice but he won two belts, did some impressive shit and most of all became the biggest name the sport has seen. His influence was enormous. He can fight a Paul bro and break 2 million buys.

Reem, CC........ Bisping........ Mousasi and Gus etc runners up.

Gane and Nemkov tbd.

It really depends what you judge Mount anything on. Is it the best fighters? Is it the most influencial fighters? Founding fathers?

Fedor
Conor

have to be on there IMO.

then you could really say others have been influential
Khabib
Bisping
JJ
Bas
Arlovski
Shevchenko

Fedor
Khabib
Conor
Valentina

Valentina is from kyrgyzstan. This is most definitelt asia. Not half european like russia.
Same here. Valentina getting slept on.

Conor is likely an unpopular choice but he won two belts, did some impressive shit and most of all became the biggest name the sport has seen. His influence was enormous. He can fight a Paul bro and break 2 million buys.

Reem, CC........ Bisping........ Mousasi and Gus etc runners up.

Gane and Nemkov tbd.

Back