Media Dan Hooker in nasty shape for Islam Mahkachev fight

I've always thought if Dan filled out a little bit he could fit in at 170.
He's the average height for a 170 pounder and has a pretty big frame.
I'd like to see a picture of him standing next to Colby when he's not cutting weight
I agree. He is tall, he has a big frame, he could easily fill out and fight at 170lbs. hope to see that at some point.

Damn I like Dan, he seems like a great guy. Its not going to keep him from getting dominated here though I'm afraid.

Extra muscle in anticipation of grappling I reckon.

Hopefully with all that grappling defense that will most likely take place hopefully this added bulk doesn't burn he's arms out with lactic acid. And leaves him with no sting behind he's punches in the latter rounds.

Hyped for this fight it will be a great test for Islam.

Pulling for Dan here, maybe he can catch Islam coming in. It has happen before so it could happen again.

Damn wtf

THE HULK HOOKER

Zx4Z3lwuKOXiZ3z1n-7GShnp-0Dp3ArW381Rg6YitlPKGv0B6t6OyeKQQobl5D_OcQP6oAeMYkF_rc6WBpoT6An2TkrkyzZ-t7q1i7PqWu0VHYFQvp9P

Islam is a pretty big boy himself though!

I was thinking the same thing. It's no Corey Hill vs Nate Diaz, but this has to be 2 or the biggest LWs ever to fight in the UFC.

In the actual weigh in video, he looks normal and thin as he usually does.
It's just an optical effect due to way screenshot was taken.

This might backfire and significantly affect his gas tank.

Hopefully with all that grappling defense that will most likely take place hopefully this added bulk doesn't burn he's arms out with lactic acid. And leaves him with no sting behind he's punches in the latter rounds.

Hyped for this fight it will be a great test for Islam.
If Islam just blows him out of the water I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him fight for the belt next...pretty excited for this one!

Hooker was in two of the best fights of 2020, against Felder and Poirier.
And I believe that if he fights Chandler 10 times, Hooker will win 9 times.
The dude always brings it.
Let's see what happens against Islam.

Back