dan miragliotta not a fan of greg hardy

I know Herb Dean is getting the heat put on him these days but Dan Miragliotta seriously does suck as a ref. At times he's very lazy like he doesn't give a shit about the fight and I've seen him make many dumb calls.

As a ref he should definitely demonstrate professionalism. But on the otherhand the gif is pretty hilarious. Welcome to MMA.

Very true, refs are supposed to keep their emotions controlled acting the way Dan did not acceptable behavior for the ref.
source.gif

Wow. How did this morph into a Bruce Buffer hate thread? F'n sherdog...

I was very disappointed both because of Hardy's background and because I am friends with one of Juan's trainers.

Dan has seemed bored for a long time since his heart surgery and a lot of people aren't fans of his shitty refereeing either.

2cql0yr.gif

I don't blame him, it's easy to get confused with manlets

well, he just have to deal with it

If you would have a fight, you won and the referee acted like this, would you want him refereeing any of your upcoming fights?

Bit of context
I wouldn't give a shit if the referee shook his head
I wouldn't beat a woman bloody to earn that kind of reaction in the first place

... the fight was already over. Dan did not let his feelings influence his job performance in any way. He did an excellent job. All he did was shake his head which is a complete non-issue, and it happened AFTER the contest was over and the official result announced

Hardy is a douche woman beater, and a person expressing his feelings by simply shaking his head, is a pretty harmless way of expressing one's opinion
His job isn't over. He still has to raise the guy's hand, and he is going to ref future fights.
Him showing dislike for a fighter just puts unnecessary doubts into people's minds about him being impartial.

No one is defending Hardy's character. It has nothing to do with what we're talking about. A referee shouldn't show favoritism or dislike for a fighter while wearing the uniform...or really, anywhere public. A referee shouldn't express his feelings, regardless of how harmless it may appear

I think Dan was just shaking his head at Hardys stupid dancing.
I agree, and it's also possible he was shaking his head in disbelief and amusement with a smirk on his face, I do it all the time when people do stupid shit that they should be embarrassed by (or at least I know I would be) but for some reason aren't. Doesn't mean I dislike the person in general though.

Wow, hearing such a different perspective is an eye-opener for me. I think he's a virtuosic announcer who adds excitement to the matches.
Yeah, I can be rather harsh on him at times, but at this point, he's one of the faces of the brand. A lot of people like his schtick and I think that's great.

I work with a guy who knows big dan. He says he is friends with dans two sons and grew up with them in New Jersey. Says Dan's a great guy and a good family man, cool sons and wife... was glad to hear it

I love that this turned into a Bruce Buffer hate thread. Dude is such a douche he is more disliked than a woman beater.

Back