Dana and Pride president meet

A resurrection of PRIDE??? Man that would be so salivating and satisfying. Bring back the freak show fights, the don frye/takayama brawls. I know it will never happen but it'd be cool if they were really talking about putting on shows together in the lighter weight classes of Rizin. They got some stiff competition over there.

Rizin has done great on social media. Those fighters built their own audience though through their own bits.

The ratings are not what they’ve wanted (you can talk about the media shift all day, Japanese people still sit in front of the telly), globally fans don’t care, and even though they’re where they want to be as far as sustainability…it’s still haunted by the so called ‘ghost of pride’.

He just like any other promoter — you don’t bring in Mayweather unless you want to make an impact on executives, sponsors, make history/impact. Doesn’t just want to be a feeder org. for up and coming fighters.

@EndlessCritic
Still blows my mind that Floyd Mayweather and Gabi Garcia fought on the same card

Nice video. I am glad I was able to witness the golden era of MMA.

Sakakibara gracing Las Vegas and Uncle Goof with his presence. A true honor for Dana.

I don't know if I should find it hilarious or sad that 14 years later people are still talking about PRIDE.

Imagine if we had more people wanting 1996 UFC style events back again or maybe making a thread about how good royce really was and how he could beat modern day fighters, most wouldn't even dare. Try the same with 2005 era UFC. Same results.

Man thinking back to 2004-2006, it was a great era for MMA with PRIDE leading the way
You are the guy on the mat..

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Dana lying as always. “We gave fans all the fights they wanted to see”. No bitch, you were never capable of signing Fedor and he is the one everybody wanted to see destroy your lame HWs.

Here we go again.. some of you sound like old men. "Things used to be better blabla..."

tenor-2.gif

Reactions: noc
Current rule set is way too biased towards grapplers. Soccer kicks and head stomps make MMA what it should be. Laying on your back while your opponent is standing should be a horrifying position that you are immediately trying to get out of. Instead with current MMA you can put your hands behind your head and relax. I will never forget when Demian Maia just flopped on his back with his hands behind his head over and over against Andy. What a joke.

100%, they could have gotten everything and more for half that price a couple months later.
That’s pocket change for them and they got the catalog and the fighter contracts. It’s unquestionably added value to the company beyond what they paid for it.

Back