Media Dana Offers Little Praise for Leon's Performance

I think Dana thinks this was more Usman falling off a cliff than it was Edwards looking amazing.
I kind of agree with that analysis. Credit to edwards too of course. But usman definitely looked off. I didn’t give usman a single round except round 3

Besides the fouls I thought it was a pretty good performance. He looked sharp.

Dana's right, Usman didn't shoot like he used to. Leon kept a pretty far distance where he wasn't comfortable or couldn't close the gap fast enough without getting tagged. I guarantee Khamzat wouldn't freeze.

Leon is brutal to watch

Id rather watch water evaporate
It can be for sure at times, but when the openings occur his technique is something special to watch. I will agree though that he doesn't take many risks, but hey its his body....he pays the toll we just pay the small bill to watch him fight.

Dana just said Snoozeman was best WW in ufc history so now he has to tuck tail and run. What a weak ass, shoot your self in the foot, dummy.

Hes ecstatic about the win, Colby, McGregor, and Masvidal can now be champion

Dana's right, Usman didn't shoot like he used to. Leon kept a pretty far distance where he wasn't comfortable or couldn't close the gap fast enough without getting tagged. I guarantee Khamzat wouldn't freeze.

I think he shot about 15 times or something and if anything the reason they weren't as effective when he did was a combination of Leon having shredded his left leg (so he couldn't drive to complete) and Leon's outstanding defensive wrestling.

Usman was point and hug fighting but Leon had a clear physical and speed advantage yet he did not manage to hurt Usman that much.

Like always he's not willing to take risks to seal the deal.

Uncle Dana is petty as hell. He probably bet on this fight and lost big. And I wouldn't be surprised if this result annoyed him due to the fact that GSP is the undeniable best ever WW again.

I'm gonna laugh if Leon starches Colby.

Dana would probably just leave the building.

He'll have flashbacks of Ngannou beating Gane on one knee and him not being able to put the belt on him because "something urgent happened at the back you guys don't know about it"

Dana is mourning the tragic fall of the mighty powerslaps leeg.

Uncle Dana is petty as hell. He probably bet on this fight and lost big. And I wouldn't be surprised if this result annoyed him due to the fact that GSP is the undeniable best ever WW again.

I think this is what it's about. It was a good, competitive fight and the home town fighter clearly won. There was no reason for Dana to be unhappy about it.

Leon probably hurt his hands hitting that big ole bald head of usman.
He rocked him a few times.
Leon deserves his dues.
How Leon improved his tdd and fence defense should concern Colby.

Wasn’t exactly a praise worthy performance….I thought Leon won, but he didn’t look good

Not surprising, Dana has never been a beacon of professionalism. He doesn’t hide that has a preference in fights. As promoter, he should you know, promote. Edwards isn’t a big draw but he should be talking him up. Project the image their champions are the best fighters on the planet and that’s why people should be interested.
Dana White doesn't care who is best, or to promote the best, why do you think Colby is getting a title shot with no winning streak?

Yeah, they don't want Leon as champ. He doesn't move the needle. He isn't an exciting fighter and he doesn't sell fights with his mouth. They know this dude is never selling PPVs hence why they're throwing Colby at him. They know Colby will say a bunch of ridiculous headline grabbing bullshit.

I think he shot about 15 times or something and if anything the reason they weren't as effective when he did was a combination of Leon having shredded his left leg (so he couldn't drive to complete) and Leon's outstanding defensive wrestling.
That's a good point.

Back