Dana said Usman is the best WW of all time. Joe Rogan said Usman is close

Who is more accomplished?

• Total voters
Amazing two guys like Rogan and Dana, who lived the GSP era, would say this. I don’t see how Usman wins that fight.

Usman is a nightmare matchup for GSP. I see GSP getting picked apart all night, being unable to take down Usman or tire him out. He would do worse than Colby because GSP has a much weaker chin.

GSP has a weaker chin? Based on what exactly?

GSP fought guys that were much more powerful strikers , Alves, Condit, Hendricks etc etc etc.

He got TKO'd once and that was because Serra caught him behind the ear with a looping strike that killed his equilibrium. Last I checked the back of the ear and the chin are not the same body part.

And given GSP's standup was light years better than Usman's I seriously doubt he gets "picked apart" by Usman. Colby won a lot of the striking exchanges in the later rounds and his standup is barely serviceable.

GSP took down guys like prime Koscheck pretty easily, in fact he faced a lot of high level wrestlers during his peak.

Hell prime, pre-USADA Hendricks would sleep Usman.

usman doesn't have the record to beat matt hughes as #2 yet. once he does that we can start talking about him catching up to gsp.

Usman is close to being the best WW of all time
Not yet but that could change...

Because Usman beat a guy he had already beaten?

If that's the case then he was already the best welterweight before Saturday. The fight against Colby only decreased his stock if anything, because he already had a more dominant win over Colby with a finish. I'm not sure how a decision win over a guy he already finished, puts him up as the best welterweight of all time.

This time he looked pretty average, but Colby just didn't do anything for the first 2 rounds. And neither guy showed any real urgency in the 5th, either.

Feasted?
Name 1 not named Hendricks..

You should probably actually watch some of the fights from that era. There were a ton of high level wrestlers in the WW division.

Jake Shields
Koschek
Fitch
Hughes
Sherk
Trigg
Hieron (a guy that gave Askren fits in the grappling department)

You should probably actually watch some of the fights from that era. There were a ton of high level wrestlers in the WW division.

Jake Shields
Koschek
Fitch
Hughes
Sherk
Trigg

I didn't say that he would not win, but "feasted" lol

Almost none of the people you listed could have taken kamaru or Colby down..

GSP and it's not even close. And I'm a Usman fan

Still GSP for me, but I'd be lying if I said Usman wasn't creeping up behind him

How can he be better than GSP when he's not even better than Colby lol. Colby won 3, 4, 5.

Currently not even a debate. I also confidently believe gsp would dominate usman. Too good of takedowns, cardio and a jab. Gsp timed his takedowns off of his strikes like no one else. And in a gsp “hater”

Jake Shields
Koschek
Fitch
Hughes
Sherk
Trigg
GSP's UFC debut fight was against Karo Parisyan, who was a force to be reckon with at that point. He had beaten everyone in his career not named Sean Sherk.

GSP also fought Mayhem Miller, who was a very good fighter as well. Would go on to have a great career outside of the UFC, including nearly beating Jake Shields in Strikeforce when he had a rear naked choke locked in deep at the end of a round.

GSP basically only had Boss-Fights in the UFC...

Of course he'd say that, Usman is the current champ so it makes sense to get the most attention on him and Dana for whatever reason, has never cared for GSP.

He's close, probably needs another year like he had this year and then you really can say he's best WW of all time. He's got 5 defenses right now.

You got Leon, Luque, Wonderboy the you have Chimaev and Brady coming up. So he's got guys to fight. In another year we can really have this conversation.

What's the point of record keeping if someone on a hot streak can undo everything and take your spot within a few exciting fights?

Back