Can Leon surpass Usman?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
As the second best WW of all time? Or has he already have?
It's interesting how the division has played out over the years. I still remember people saying that Woodley was unbeatable then Usman beat him. Then Usman was unbeatable then Leon beat him. Leon right now looks pretty fucking good but you never know. He has two wins over Usman. Do you think he has to equal the title defenses to surpass him?

I think he'll beat Belal but lost to Shaved Kat. He probably will be number 4 of all time above Woodley

He's turning 33 in 6 months? I don't know man. As the saying goes strikers age worse than wrestlers.

Don't you think Usman surpassed Hughes tho? Hughes had more title defenses but Usman beat better comp, imo.
Better comp based on what?
Usman's 5 best wins in UFC title fights (he only has 6 total and 4 opponents
Tyron, Colby 1, Gilbert, Masvidal 2, Colby 2

Matt Hughes top 5 wins in title fights (he has 10 wins including Riggs which was technically non title)
Trigg twice, Newton twice, GSP, BJ Penn.

Usman fought better competition is a pure myth. Matt had a longer title fight win streak then Usman has title fights.

Don't you think Usman surpassed Hughes tho? Hughes had more title defenses but Usman beat better comp, imo.
Masvidal X2, Covington X2 and Burns, both Masvidal defences were a joke. Hughes has some legit defences over Sakarai, Penn, Newton and Sherk. Hughes is above Usman imo, but it's fairly close.

lol he pretty much already has, usman did nothing significant in his title reign

Masvidal X2, Covington X2 and Burns, both Masvidal defences were a joke. Hughes has some legit defences over Sakarai, Penn, Newton and Sherk. Hughes is above Usman imo, but it's fairly close.
Masvidal would whoop any of those guys get serious

Usman was 31 when he won the title, there's not much in it.

If he can get past Belal and Shavkat, yes maybe. But Leon isn't really a finisher so maybe not.
GSP wasn't a finisher and he's the GOAT. I don't think finishing ability is relevant. Length of reign and competition beat is what matters.

Back