Why would Leon fight Belal? Leon already worked him over.

My wee wee goes winkle and my boo hoo goes boom boom.

Belal is Leon 2.0. He should give the Arabian version of himself a chance.

Belal’s best win is a boring decision over Burns who broke his forearm.

Khamzat’s fight with Burns was a show worthy of a title fight over Belal anyday.
I mean, Khamzat's not getting a title fight cuz he doesn't and can't fight at the weight anymore.

Plus, it was more exciting, but close fights often are, and he barely got the decision, while Belal almost shut Burns out. The thing about Belal is, it's not the "best" win, but the fact he has all the wins. He's got more reign over the current rankings than everyone else, including the champ. In a way, he's defending the division more than Edwards is

Leon had to cheat to win that fight.

Leon is on a tear best Usman 2x who is a WW goat. Beat strong wrestler in Colby.

There are some real killers in the division that could make for big fights. Shavkat, Khamzat, Islam even MVP are huge fights.

Leon already beat Belal, yes there was an eye poke but before that Belal was getting beaten badly. Leon has better striking and enough grappling to avoid getting gnp.

The belal fight is the easiest fight Leon could take but no one is excited to see it...

Belal finishes him, without eye pokes Leon doesn't stand a chance.

They should put this fight on ESPN for free, it gives Belal his title fight. It’s not like anyone is buying a Leon fight without Colby or Kamaru

The real question we should be asking is, after GOATlal runs through Leon, who should he defend the title against first?

I'm thinking Shavkat

Because there is a chance of Belal smashing him in the last minute just like how Leon did to Usman

Balal is a boring fight. Feels though like the powers that be want to force us to see this fight even though all those fights you listed would be much better.
Just like Jones stipe. Nobody cares about that fight but yet here we are watching Jones last fight on a guy that can barely walk like he's not in constant pain

If by "the powers that be" you mean beating 4 top 5 opponents and being ranked the number one contender. I'd argue the powers that be desperately do not want Belal to fight for a title and have done everything possible to obstruct him.

This has nothing in common with Jones Stipe. Belal earned his title shot the hard way long ago. Stipe is only in the title picture because Jones wanted to fight him and duck the actual contenders.

Because there is a chance of Belal smashing him in the last minute just like how Leon did to Usman
That is funny, isn't it? Leon is champ for a fight he was losing nearly 20 straight minutes of, but he "already beat" Belal in so many peoples' eyes because of 5 minutes in which he couldn't go without fouling Belal and didn't even 10-8.

That is funny, isn't it? Leon is champ for a fight he was losing nearly 20 straight minutes of, but he "already beat" Belal in so many peoples' eyes because of 5 minutes in which he couldn't go without fouling Belal and didn't even 10-8.
Belal was getting demolished. Leon was getting worn down but not demolished.

Imagine if Usman dominated Leon in round one of their fight, then poked him in the eye in round 2, so the headkick never happened.

No rematch still right?

Imagine if Usman dominated Leon in round one of their fight, then poked him in the eye in round 2, so the headkick never happened.

No rematch still right?
There was not many challengers then, currently there are so many challengers.

I'm fine with Belal getting shot after ................ literally everyone else fights Edwards.

Why would Usman fight Leon, Usman already worked him over?

And that actually happened unlike the fantasy of a Leon Stan. The reality is that Leon eye poked Belal twice 5 minutes into a 5 round fight.

1713793276075.jpeg

Back