Dana says 299 had the 4th highest gate in UFC history: Is Suga that big of a star???

I'm not saying it's not possibly indicative of it, but gate's are determined entirely by the crowd they can price to, not the fight or seats involved. There's a reason why the biggest fights in UFC history in Whittaker/Israel, Rousey/Holm, and GSP/Shields aren't also the biggest gates despite having over double the amount of fans.

It's in Miami. Of course tickets are through the roof.

Right? Gate really doesn't mean all that much for drawing lower. It's just how expensive they can price themselves and get away with it. Lotta different factors. Or at least more than ppv buys
Considering some of those record gates happened years ago inflation corrected is even less impressive, its just the UFC getting away with crazy pricing.

It is in Miami and a stacked card. I think Sean is popular, but it has more to do with the card itself.

To be fair I don't think Chito is the type of dance partner that is going to help sell a ton. That division has a lot of talent but lacks starpower. The Merab fight is more enticing.

The priced the tickets in Miami to bring that kind of gate. How many UFC cards hit Miami? Would this card have a similar gate in Vegas, where they often hold fights?

Someone predicted this. They stacked the card, put it in a place it would sell, etc. etc. so they can claim O'Malley is a draw.

Common fighter in the 3rd highest and 4th is Dustin Porier so I guess it's Dustin.

Back