News Dana says Conor will earn title shot with win over #9 ranked Cerrone

They could probably just give Conor the rematch straight away.

This Cowboy fight is them trying to get a win out of Conor because they don't believe in him. It serves no other purpose.

@skylolow

So then why is he is asking for a #9 ranked cattle agent?

Because Cowboy is a big name that will sell well and Conor knows he is a guy that will stand with him. So in Conor's mind it's very winnable fight with a low chance of being dried hump/gnp to a finish or decision. He also seems to respect Cowboy as a fighter. Cowboy's is a fighters fighter more or less. The number next to Cowboy's name means almost nothing to Conor as like I said he could probably get a title shot if he demanded it. So he beat Cowboy he'll be looking for his title shot or whatever big money fight he can get.

P.S.: Conor seems very intelligent in knowing what the fans want or don't want. I think he knows if he goes throws himself right back into the mix at the top or title fight it's going to really set off a lot of fans. Not to mention a greater chance of a lost that could hurt his image even further.

Because Cowboy is a big name that will sell well and Conor knows he is a guy that will stand with him. So in Conor's mind it's very winnable fight with a low chance of being dried hump/gnp to a finish or decision. He also seems to respect Cowboy as a fighter. Cowboy's is a fighters fighter more or less. The number next to Cowboy's name means almost nothing to Conor as like I said he could probably get a title shot if he demanded it. So he beat Cowboy he'll be looking for his title shot or whatever big money fight he can get.

P.S.: Conor seems very intelligent in knowing what the fans want or don't want. I think he knows if he goes throws himself right back into the mix at the top or title fight it's going to really set off a lot of fans. Not to mention a greater chance of a lost that could hurt his image even further.
Only casuals don't even know he exists and he's never sold well in ppv.

Not only that but he wants to get along with Conor and won't build up the fight promotion at all.

Back