• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana White announcing more UFC 300 fights

Will the UFC 300 main event be announced tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look out

dont try to have any fun with this guy around!

You’re misunderstanding my point. All I’m saying is I won’t be bitter or disappointed if UFC 300 isn’t this special and amazing all-time great card. If it is, well that’s great but either way we have some great fights to look forward to. I’m not going to feel ripped off as a fan.

I’m all for fun, I just don’t get these people complaining about a card that isn’t even set yet. My perspective is actually the optimistic one.

You’re misunderstanding my point. All I’m saying is I won’t be bitter or disappointed if UFC 300 isn’t this special and amazing all-time great card. If it is, well that’s great but either way we have some great fights to look forward to. I’m not going to feel ripped off as a fan.

I’m all for fun, I just don’t get these people complaining about a card that isn’t even set yet. My perspective is actually the optimistic one.
Im aware they can only make the card the best they can with the circumstances they find themselves in. I am just saying I appreciate them trying to do that. It's fun to see what they got. They SHOULD try to do that.

Brock lesnar vs jim miller main event or riot!

I sometimes doubt the Baldfather... sometimes I don't think he has the JBG on his mind. I have a feeling through a shitshow of events this is the headline for ufc 300.

More I think about it, the more I am fairly sure that this is what will happen :

- Adesanya has been promised a title-shot fight against the winner of Strickland and du Plessis at UFC300. And both Strickland and du Plessis have already been told that.

So.... Dana is just waiting until the result of that fight on Jan 20th is known, and within a week or two (assuming no bad injuries from the Jan20th fight), UFC will announce Adesanya vs Strickland OR Adesanya vs Du Plessis as the main event 185lbs title-fight at UFC300.

Short-ish turnaround?? Yes it is -- it's a week less than 3months but UFC won't care. It's about the biggest fight that they can do that doesn't involve McG or Jones or Makhachev. UFC have invested a lot of money into building up Adesanya and they'll want some continued payback on that investment.

I think the co-main at UFC300 very likely to be Leon Edwards vs someone (prob Belal).

Edit : I guess Pereira vs Adesanya at 205lbs is also a possibility but that is a VERY tough fight for Adesanya and I just don't think he'll want to do that, going up 20lbs to fight the monster that Pereira is...... straight after a loss to Strickland at 185lbs? I cannot see it. I think he needs an "easier" fight, one that both he and UFC believe is more winnable and that's either Strickland II or Du Plessis I.

Last edited:
IMO they’re patiently waiting for fighters booked for that extraordinary 299 card to pull out, so they can build a decent card for 300 !

I mean wasn't a mega announcement but it's a good fight and one folks were talking about for awhile.

I for one am glad it's on and I think it's easily 300 quality.

<mma4>

All the fights so far for UFC 300 are all good matchups, no complaints from me, they are all good fights.. but there is nothing to make me go WOW I can't sleep if I don't see that fight, I'm still waiting for some incredible fights that make me really feel its special.

What fights do you think will be announced tonight, will one of them be the main event?

I think either a fight with Pereira will get announced tonight or Gaethje vs Holloway for the BMF title. <Eek2.0>

update:

It's lame I tought they'd do Grasso vs Zhang

Back