News Dana White announcing more UFC 300 fights

Will the UFC 300 main event be announced tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More I think about it, the more I am fairly sure that this is what will happen :

- Adesanya has been promised a title-shot fight against the winner of Strickland and du Plessis at UFC300. And both Strickland and du Plessis have already been told that.

So.... Dana is just waiting until the result of that fight on Jan 20th is known, and within a week or two (assuming no bad injuries from the Jan20th fight), UFC will announce Adesanya vs Strickland OR Adesanya vs Du Plessis as the main event 185lbs title-fight at UFC300.

Short-ish turnaround?? Yes it is -- it's a week less than 3months but UFC won't care. It's about the biggest fight that they can do that doesn't involve McG or Jones or Makhachev. UFC have invested a lot of money into building up Adesanya and they'll want some continued payback on that investment.

I think the co-main at UFC300 very likely to be Leon Edwards vs someone (prob Belal).

Edit : I guess Pereira vs Adesanya at 205lbs is also a possibility but that is a VERY tough fight for Adesanya and I just don't think he'll want to do that, going up 20lbs to fight the monster that Pereira is...... straight after a loss to Strickland at 185lbs? I cannot see it. I think he needs an "easier" fight, one that both he and UFC believe is more winnable and that's either Strickland II or Du Plessis I.
Agree on all point, except that I don't think Adesanya vs. DDP/Sean is the biggest fight.

Adesanya might not want to take it, but him against Pereira at 205 is forsure the biggest they can do now

It's a shame Francis left, him against Jones would've broken records

Grasso didn't even successfully defend her belt yet, why should she get a champ vs champ fight? Also Zhang only has one defense so far. Too early to make that fight imo.

I think a draw is a title defence.

Strickland got knocked out by Pereira and look what he did to Izzy just over a year later, never know what to expect in this sport. ;)
Retrospectively, sure. But this was supposed to be a “big announcement” and that fight is bound to make 99% of people shrug, and nothing more

Agree on all point, except that I don't think Adesanya vs. DDP/Sean is the biggest fight.

Adesanya might not want to take it, but him against Pereira at 205 is forsure the biggest they can do now

It's a shame Francis left, him against Jones would've broken records
Idk what records Jones vs Francis would’ve broke, but it would’ve been a big fight

Not Again, I can’t take the suspense…

<Varys01>

maybe it’s the Felder fight !

After last nights debacle ill
Wait to find out in the morning

dana better beg gsp and khabib to come back for a superfight before ufc officially become second rate organization

<{vega}> <{vega}> <{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}><{vega}>
Hello? Hellooooooo? Dana? Hunter? Mr. Shelby? Hellllooooooo?

Headline will be Conor vs Chandler at WW for UFC 300. That’s the only fight big enough to make sense for such milestone. Thought maybe Izzy vs Alex at 205 however Izzy is out injured.

Back