Media Dana White claims Conor McGregor declined replacement opportunity that Gaethje ended up taking

Shoorik, the Russian translator / Khabib nut hugger, white knighting for Khabib again.

Seems like you guys only believe Dana White when it suites your narratives.

"Staying home in quarantine and reading the reaction of people to the situation around my fight, it turns out that the whole world should be in quarantine, governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people, and Khabib is the only one relieved of all obligations and must demonstrate free will and train flying around the world, for the sake of fight?" Straight from Khabib.

Dana lied about having texts from Jon Jones about Wilder money, but now he's 100% telling the truth about what Conor told him LOL. Again, you're the saddest part of the MMA world.

Let's just see if you can comprehend this - Khabib, Edwards, and Conor. All three are stuck in their own countries, therefore they can't fight in America, which is why the UFC has an ISLAND for foreign fighters LOL. Have you seen a single fighter travel from outside of America to come fight for the UFC since the pandemic? Nope. That's because nobody can make it. It's not possible right now. So if you believe Conor ducked Ferguson, then Khabib also ducked Ferguson. The reality is, neither of them ducked Ferguson. Conor haters just can't maintain their brains / their beliefs for more than a few months.

Also, this should pretty much address every other quote I get, because I'm sure it's all similar emotional reasoning from Conor haters.

Dana is the president of UFC, highest official in organisation. This is what he's saying. Yes I know he's been caught lying before, but atm this is the information we have. Conor have yet ro respond to this, let's see what he says. But Conor is also one lying piece of crap, so who do we trust?

A fight with Justin was NOT happening at UFC 249.. Do you agree? It Could not happen..

It couldn't happen at 249 because Ferguson was #1 contender and needed a legit replacement opponent for interim belt.

But it could have happened on earlier, instead of Cerrone. Gaethje been calling him out for about a year and Conor been ignoring him.

Conor, according to Dana refused to step in against Ferguson, which Gaethje did. Now that Gaethje won, all of a sudden Conor wants to fight him and retires when UFC refuses. IMHO this is pathetic move on his part.

It couldn't happen at 249 because Ferguson was #1 contender and needed a legit replacement opponent for interim belt.

But it could have happened on earlier, instead of Cerrone. Gaethje been calling him out for about a year and Conor been ignoring him.

Conor, according to Dana refused to step in against Ferguson, which Gaethje did. Now that Gaethje won, all of a sudden Conor wants to fight him and retires when UFC refuses. IMHO this is pathetic move on his part.

UFC 249 is what Dana is talking about..

Dana said Conor was offered the spot at UFC 249..

Well.............

Conor was in Ireland doing PSA's to get people to lock it down..
So was Khabib in Russia again on lockdown..

Neither could come to the US to fight..

So Dana is lying per usual..

Wait a minute thought travel restrictions weren’t an issue, why is it a legitimate reason now.

Conor doesn't fill in on short notice.
We know this.

That’s the thing. He will put pressure on opponents who pull out due to injury, mock others who don’t jump in, regardless of circumstance (remember Aldo), then act like he’s a hero for agreeing to fighting a replacement. But when he is the one who is offered a vacant spot, he runs from it like the plague.

Huh? you really think he would have turned down a fight if he and his team thought was very profitable AND winnable? ...don't think so.
You don't think a fight with Tony is profitable and winnable?

Anytime he fights it's major money for Conor.
A win against Tony would have guaranteed him a shot against Khabib without question. The fight he's been begging for since he lost back in October 2018.

UFC 249 is what Dana is talking about..

Dana said Conor was offered the spot at UFC 249..

Well.............

Conor was in Ireland doing PSA's to get people to lock it down..
So was Khabib in Russia again on lockdown..

Neither could come to the US to fight..

So Dana is lying per usual..

Dana might be lying about this, let's see what Conor responds to this.

Did Ireland have a travel ban? Could he make it out if he wanted to? I honestly don't have a clue about Irish policies during Covid.

D6Dpi8lWwAAR3f_

Ah yes, Conor haters proving once again that they really are the dumbest group of fans in the sport. Coming from the same white knights that defended Khabib not being able to leave the country, that's ironic.

I'm sure Conor McGregor, who was pushing for enforcing a lockdown in Ireland, would have looked like a hero breaking his own rules and going to America to take a fight that got canceled & rescheduled. The haters never fail to make this forum embarrassing.
Remember he said something similar about khabib and all the rabid fanboys bashed Dana and said hes unreliable? Hypocrite group

Good Conor never fights, Gaethje does. I see zero problem here.

You don't think a fight with Tony is profitable and winnable?

Anytime he fights it's major money for Conor.
A win against Tony would have guaranteed him a shot against Khabib without question. The fight he's been begging for since he lost back in October 2018.

High risk fight for Conor IMO. Tony has better cardio and better ground game, which both are Conor's biggest weaknesses.

High risk fight for Conor IMO. Tony has better cardio and better ground game, which both are Conor's biggest weaknesses.
Agreed. But remember what Conor said,
"anytime, anyplace, any weight" - Conor McGregor

Funny how Khabib was also under travel restrictions but Connie fanboys didn't accept that!
I mean yeah they are all as bad as each other these fanny boys, but I personally don't see how either can be held accountable for not fighting when they literally were not allowed to... Same goes for Leon Edwards for me as well, dude was given 2 hours to get on a random plane to maybe (not even certainly) fight Woodley in some random state with the chances of not being able to get back home for months after, because of that Burns got the fight instead and then a title shot now, absolutely harsh as fuck.

Regardles of Conor being a dick most of the time that is typically Dana White for you.

DifficultChillyDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Would Conor have been allowed to get into the US at that point though? I’m usually critical of Conor but this is typical Dana. Saying something to rile a fighter that isn’t strictly true.

Given Dana's political connections and the fact that the Trump admin said that they were exempting foreign athletes from travel restrictions, yes, he would've been able to get into the country.

However, this is still more nonsense from Dana.

McGregor might take replacement opponents on short notice, but he's not going to randomly fight on a card that they haven't had time to properly promote.

That doesn't make sense for either his personal interests or the UFC's bottom line.

This is aa dumb as Dana trying to mock Jones for wanting Wilder money (when he's actually a much bigger draw than Wilder).

Would Conor have been allowed to get into the US at that point though? I’m usually critical of Conor but this is typical Dana. Saying something to rile a fighter that isn’t strictly true.

no there wasnt a travel ban yet. ireland was trying to get people to not travel but there was no ban

Back