Media Dana White claims Conor McGregor declined replacement opportunity that Gaethje ended up taking

lol he wasn't KOing tony, and conor can't go 5 rounds. If the tony vs gaethje fight showed one thing, is that Tony legit beat conor.
Went 5 rounds against Nate at WW winning by majority decision ya clown !! Since didn't fight him how could he beat thicko <Lmaoo>

"Any time, any place"

Nah Khabib was in the right location and left whilst the fight was being made.. Conor was in Dublin the entire time, he wasn't booked to fight Tony and was supposedly offered it at a point when he couldn't have got into the country.. It's not the same thing.

I don't blame Khabib btw, i think he did the right thing.
Khabibleft the US because he was told that the event would take place in Abu Dhabi. You say khabib was in the right place now in hindsight, at the time there was no location.

Conor straight up refused to fight Tony, he made no mentions of the coronavirus. If he did, it would be understandable but that’s not why he refused the Tony fight.

Good points, but who really has the advantage in a short notice fight where you have trained an entire camp and your opponent “rolled off the couch?” He deserves credit for fighting Mendes and Nate, but let’s not lose perspective.
it's a big risk

especially a complete 180 style change of opponent. Especially with Chad, going from a pure striker to a dominant wrestler on 2 weeks notice.

Very few upper level stars have been willing to take that level of risk

Jones famously dodged a short notice sonnen fight that got the entire carts disbanded all together. There's a reason for it

one could easily make the argument that it's an even bigger risk for a figure like Conor, as opposed to a fighter who's stepping in with nothing to lose / everything to gain.

the truth lies in the middle

the UFC had been known to tell fighters to stay in shape, ready in case someone pulls out as well..Especially with conor fights. so while obviously we expect to hear things like, they rolled up off the couch, there's a good chance both of those guys were far more ready than claimed. Especially with a potential conor bout on the horizon

think there's always a few sides to these things

Not a replacement fighter

* unless it’s a bad matchup, or a wrestler on short notice, or a washed up veteran, or anybody else I think I can beat

If anybody dropped out on his/her scheduled fight with Frankie Edgar, Jessica Eye, or Gina Mazany, I'd bet my life Conor would take that fight on 3 days notice (giving him time to sober up).

lol diaz is multiple, multiple, multiple lvl below tony ... Compare conor's pace in the 5 round again diaz to tony's pace in 5 rounds fight. It is day and night.
Tony's fight was at LW, Conor v Nate at WW and hence Conor was more beefed up. And Tony didn't finish the 5 rounds against Justin ya total dope <45>

The fact that he was offered the fight is a fucking disgrace. This “sport” is a joke, and after training in various martial arts for years it’s hard to watch a sport that meant so much to me get embarrassed by this WWE shit.

Lol Conor have been ducking Ferguson for ages, this is nothing new.

Funny how Khabib was also under travel restrictions but Connie fanboys didn't accept that!
Ireland under full lockdown 27 March, Kebab was scheduled to fight, in the country but fly to Russia knowing a lockdown was coming there.

Khabibleft the US because he was told that the event would take place in Abu Dhabi. You say khabib was in the right place now in hindsight, at the time there was no location.

Conor straight up refused to fight Tony, he made no mentions of the coronavirus. If he did, it would be understandable but that’s not why he refused the Tony fight.

That's true, I had forgot Abu Dhabi was talked about, I guess he took too much of a gamble on that.. Like I said I don't blame him at all, I think he did the smartest thing he could have for himself... I guess staying were ever Tony was and having that organised better would have been the logical thing in making the fight happen.

Where is the proof Conor refused to fight Tony for any other reason? He doesn't have to mention Corona Virus does he? it was a fact it was happening at the time and factually preventing travel into USA.. and if the reason is anything but it being literally impossible based on not being able to travel then he's in exactly the same boat as Khabib.

thank god dana finally starting to think straight about conor

coror with his "stay ready" and i believe he himself predicted that the tony kaib fight wouldn't happen in an areil interview and that he would slide in when it didnt time to eat your words
Ireland under total lockdown since 27 March. Couldn't make it that's why Dana is saying this as a wind up !!

Khabib "went to Russia because he was told the event would be in Abu Dhabi " <Lmaoo> Ireland under full lockdown 27 March.

Waiting for Conor to pop open a bottle of proper 12 tonight

tenor.gif

Is Dana trying to piss off every top fighter they’ve got or something? Don’t believe this at all. As much as Conor is a lying shithouse, pro fighters are not scared of each other. Fuck Dana.

Ireland was on full lockdown 27 March. Khabib who had months of notification to be and stay in America but flies to Russia knowing a lockdown is coming there. No comparison.

As above.
Lol thinking you can't leave ireland with a private jet ... just like khabib, he could ve left ireland whenever the fuck he wanted. There were no location, why leave ireland. Again I don't blame him, but he put blame on khabib, which is hypocrite, because he could replace him, he said no.

More hypocrite when you consider that conor's " excuse " wasn't the lockdown, but the fact that he is not a " replacement fighter " but 2 months before , wasn't he the one saying he'll be prepare to replace tony or khabib in this fight ? HYPOCRITE.

Do you remember " stay ready " before UFC 223, again hypocrite.

Back