Dana White Denies That Conor McGregor Will Return in June

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
sddefault.jpg

While Conor McGregor may claim otherwise, UFC CEO Dana White says the Irish star won’t be returning to action in June.

McGregor hasn’t fought since July 2021, when he suffered a broken leg in a trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. The Irishman served as rival coach against Michael Chandler on “The Ultimate Fighter 31,” and the two were initially supposed to clash by end of 2023. However, the bout never came to fruition.

The former UFC two-division champion most recently announced that he will be returning to action during the International Fight Week on June 29 against Chandler at 185 pounds.

However, White shut down the possibility of McGregor returning in June during the UFC 297 post-fight press conference on Saturday night.

Steroid addiction is apparently worse than the coca*n one
If mcgregor is still on the gear he won’t be ready for June

you see i dont get it

why is conor teasing us he's gonna come back when we all know he's not, why didn't he just announce retirement?

it might be a marketing tactic to stay in the spotlight so he can make more money?

you see i dont get it

why is conor teasing us he's gonna come back when we all know he's not, why didn't he just announce retirement?

it might be a marketing tactic to stay in the spotlight so he can make more money?

Starting to sound more and more like this, I'm sure the UFC are ok with it too, McGregor generates a shitload of clicks I'd imagine

I don't think Dana said this because McGregor won't actually fight in June, but that he doesn't appreciate any UFC fighter undercutting the company & announcing their own fight date, especially this far out. UFC likes to be the one to control big announcements like this.

Who exactly is "Denise"??

And why would Conor be fighting a girl? She didn't give him head??

I don't think Dana White actually "shut down the possibility" of Conor fighting in June. He said Conor wasn't fighting in June, then when directly asked if Conor in June was a possibility, he said I don't know.

I don't think Dana said this because McGregor won't actually fight in June, but that he doesn't appreciate any UFC fighter undercutting the company & announcing their own fight date, especially this far out. UFC likes to be the one to control big announcements like this.
4rE1htu.gif

As the world's former #1 Conor fan, I am honestly just so sick and fucking tired of hearing about this dude non-stop, with him never actually doing anything. It's like the Trump presidency all over again.

Fight or shut the fuck up and go away.

Back