Media Dana White Doubles Down Further Calls UFC 300 "Best Combat Sports Card Ever Assembled"

QxRc8rXFB7jmHqvcNq.webp

I mean you have two former champions opening the prelims....

How exactly do you expect a promoter to promote his sport? pooperslap is complete garbage... no question... but do you honestly expect him to to say that???

he's a promoter doing his job <Insert Shocked Meme Here>

I'm by no means a Dana fan, don't even get me started... but credit where its due... where do you think is sport would be with out him?

This shit only flies in the US where they don't respect their viewers at all. It's okay to be positive and use some form of hyperbole but it's ridiculous to call it the biggest sport in the world and all kinds of other bullshit.

It's just... not though lmao. Most of the cards of 2023 alone were better - 290 was a fkn banger for example.

UFC 300... what we got...

Periera vs. Hill main event - LOL.

Anyway, let's get serious a sec... so, what we got here...

- Zhang v Xianon. Okay, no real opinion, I don't watch wmma.
- Gaethje vs. Holloway: decent, fun fight, probably the best and biggest fight here.
- Olivera vs Tsarukyan - decent
- Nickal vs Bundage - decent

Then a couple of potential snoozefests and maybe a banger or 2 on the prelims.

How tf is that the best combat sports card of all time. It's not even the best UFC card within the past year let alone the best card of all time lmao. A few decent fights, shit headliner, cmon son, you ain't fooling no one but yourself.

UFC 100 was top heavy. The prelims were filled with guys with 1-3 fights in the UFC. And Fitch was on the main card.
Jon "toilet break" Fitch I remember him. It was a great card though.

It's just... not though lmao. Most of the cards of 2023 alone were better - 290 was a fkn banger for example.

- Gaethje vs. Holloway: decent, fun fight, probably the best and biggest fight here.

How tf is that the best combat sports card of all time. It's not even the best UFC card within the past year let alone the best card of all time lmao. A few decent fights, shit headliner, cmon son, you ain't fooling no one but yourself.

Name the better cards. And what's your problem with Pereira v Hill? It's guaranteed violence.

UFC 300 is definitely up there in my opinion. UFC 100 and 200 were solid, but if you go back and look at each card, there were more filler fights.

This shit only flies in the US where they don't respect their viewers at all. It's okay to be positive and use some form of hyperbole but it's ridiculous to call it the biggest sport in the world and all kinds of other bullshit.
Oh bullshiting people is a US thing...
1712868438257.gif

Meh shit headliner is not true imo. It might underdeliver on name value you expect for a "milestone" card but it's a really good fight. Solid division, legit champ and legit challenger.

What a shocker, the president of the company and promoter is hyping up UFC 300 hyperbolically.

Pointing out that he is exaggerating is as naive as saying that McDonalds hamburgers don't look like they do in commercials.

Maybe not exactly "top to bottom" because the headliner isn't the strongest, but like 6 former champs on the prelims is certainly in the running for most stacked, they just ran into some issues with the headliner due to Ramadan, Jones being injured/trying to murder drug testers, and burning other champs on recent cards, but overall it's basically a card where almost every fight would be a solid co-main on any other PPV.

Meh shit headliner is not true imo. It might underdeliver on name value you expect for a "milestone" card but it's a really good fight. Solid division, legit champ and legit challenger.

Well thas true. Maybe I'm just being superficial on the name value. Periera can be inactive n slow though too, he barely threw shit against Jan.

Back