Dana White finally breaks his silence and talks about UFC 270

Dana just told the world that Jones is getting an immediate title shot if he wants it (I think we all knew this, though). With Ngannou out with the knee surgery for most of the year, DFW is going to make Jones / ??? for an interim. I'd absolutely bet someone else's money on it. It will be a fight Jones should win, so that it provides the opportunity to promote yet another unification bout for even more money.

Not to mention there will still be a fallback champ for the foreseeable future in Ngannou if Jones has more inevitable legal trouble...

Dana is a dirt bag, i don't believe a word of him.
But to make a organization big, dirt bags are needed sometimes.

To elaborate on him not putting the belt on Francis, he tried to "prove us wrong" by showing us that his absence wasn't unprecedented, mentioning the fact that he actually wasn't ringside for Rockhold/Bisping II due to dealing with backstage stuff, and that he had to sprint back to be able to put the belt on Bisping. This time, he apparently couldn't get there in time.

Obvious problems with this explanation are as follows
1. Rockhold/Bisping II ended in a (relatively unexpected) finish. If Dana was dealing with stuff, I could see how the end of that fight may have caught him off guard. This fight however, went the full distance. Knowing that a finish could've happened at any moment in this fight, he should've theoretically had MORE than enough time to get back to the ring.
2. Dana never offered an explanation as to what he was doing backstage, and it's hard to imagine anything being more important than this fight. At his end of year interview in December, he specifically mentioned how much he was looking forward to it.
3. He never touched the press conference issue (and it of course won't be asked given the fact that he's "explained" the situation, despite leaving out a huge part of it). Between it and the start of the main event, we're talking about well over an hour.
4. Laura Sanko's such a shill. Graciously thanked Dana for the explanation and didn't even prompt the question. Dana brought it up on his own.

-White says that he walked out of the arena right after the co-main event because there was something going on backstage that he was dealing with. White calls the people that think he was disrespecting Ngannou "idiots".

Must have been some heavy stuff going on that was more important than the Heavyweight title unification bout.

ha-smirk.gif

thumbs-up-58.gif

-White called UFC 270 a great night and was happy that they broke the gate record.

-White said Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou would be a big fight if they could get it done. He's also excited about the upcoming Oliveira vs. Gaethje fight.

-White calls Ngannou's methods "genius" for beating Gane based on the circumstances with his injury.

-White says that he walked out of the arena right after the co-main event because there was something going on backstage that he was dealing with. White calls the people that think he was disrespecting Ngannou "idiots".

-White says that his ultimate goal is to do the biggest pay-per-view fight ever done. He wants people from around the whole world to be watching at once and get 7-8 million PPV buys

-White hopes to do an event in Africa and in France and says that they would have already had the COVID situation not happened.

-Dana White when asked if he is still doing jiu-jitsu says that his workout routine is "let's not get fat and let's not get hurt"

-White says that the UFC 270 main event wasn't what he thought it was going to be, but it was a brilliant game plan by Francis to do what he did. White hopes that Ngannou vs. Jones will be one of the big fights of 2022 and if they can make it, they will.

-White says that if Henry Cejudo wants to come back and face Yan/Sterling or Volkanovski, he needs to go through the proper process. He says that, as well as Ngannou/Jones are the potential super fights that come to mind.

Thank you for the cliffs I appreciate it.

As for White, I know he lies a lot. But I believe him in this case.

-White called UFC 270 a great night and was happy that they broke the gate record.

-White said Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou would be a big fight if they could get it done. He's also excited about the upcoming Oliveira vs. Gaethje fight.

-White calls Ngannou's methods "genius" for beating Gane based on the circumstances with his injury.

-White says that his ultimate goal is to do the biggest pay-per-view fight ever done. He wants people from around the whole world to be watching at once and get 7-8 million PPV buys

-White hopes to do an event in Africa and in France and says that they would have already had the COVID situation not happened.

-Dana White when asked if he is still doing jiu-jitsu says that his workout routine is "let's not get fat and let's not get hurt"

-White says that the UFC 270 main event wasn't what he thought it was going to be, but it was a brilliant game plan by Francis to do what he did. White hopes that Ngannou vs. Jones will be one of the big fights of 2022 and if they can make it, they will.

-White says that if Henry Cejudo wants to come back and face Yan/Sterling or Volkanovski, he needs to go through the proper process. He says that, as well as Ngannou/Jones are the potential super fights that come to mind.
Even if everything Dana said is a lie, his slickness shows why he is where he is.

The "backstage incident" probably was something like this: the WME overlords forced Dana to not attend the press conference so they could have a little more time to think about how to respond to the journalists asking the painful questions. Which still means Francis had them in a big ol' chokehold.

Francis bless

Sounds good.

TEXT MESSAGE TO MR. WHITE
"Dana, be 'unavailable' during and after this last fight. And skip the presser. We need to circle up and conference about our next moves."

Dana only did this Q&A because of the bad press, if someone asks him about it now he'll say 'i already answered that in the Q&A' when he really didn't.

White says that he walked out of the arena right after the co-main event because there was something going on backstage that he was dealing with. White calls the people that think he was disrespecting Ngannou "idiots".

If anyone believes this I have a bridge I would like to sell you lol. White is a lying POS bully, what else is new.

Was Dana not putting belt on before or after Don Frye got into a physical altercation with a fan at UFC 270, punching the man in the face who challenged him?

Dana just told the world that Jones is getting an immediate title shot if he wants it (I think we all knew this, though). With Ngannou out with the knee surgery for most of the year, DFW is going to make Jones / ??? for an interim. I'd absolutely bet someone else's money on it. It will be a fight Jones should win, so that it provides the opportunity to promote yet another unification bout for even more money.

Not to mention there will still be a fallback champ for the foreseeable future in Ngannou if Jones has more inevitable legal trouble...
Yes.....I DO think that the chances of Jones actually fighting at HW have now shot up dramatically since last Saturday.
No.1 I think it's highly unlikely Ngannou fights again, ever, for UFC. Jones reall did *not* wanna fight Ngannou.
No.2 I think the UFC might well now pony up some more money to pay Jones. At least they will TRY a little harder than before.

To not believe anything Dana White says, is just a sherdog nerd meme.

He's 100% just saying those things about France and Africa etc to bait Francis.

Must have been some heavy stuff going on that was more important than the Heavyweight title unification bout.

ha-smirk.gif

Mario Kart tournament got started early and he had to go head to head with Leon Edwards on a Star Cup.

Back