Dana White Floats UFC Event on Aircraft Carrier

Oh shit Savate guys can actually use their style for once. Heard it was invented by some french sailors

fWEP5uj.gif
Good thing they have helmets on in case those explode.

Fight for the troops? Oh wait that was an army thing. Maybe he’s branching out.

A decommissioned aircraft carrier starts at about $8,000,000 USD.

total operational cost for a single Aircraft Carrier per year would run around $400 million or $7,671,000 a week.

So for $16,000,000 he could prep an aircraft carrier for a single event - provided it needed no renovations beyond staging an event. Dana is a financial genius.

tenor.gif

Bro, he wouldn't buy a fucking air craft carrier outright. He'd be looking to hire.

And are you looking at operational costs for them normally? Because it's not going to need a full crew for what Dana is doing.

Makeshift seating ain't going to cost that much either.

Fuel would be fuck all. It's not like they'd sail it out very far.

Bro, he wouldn't buy a fucking air craft carrier outright. He'd be looking to hire.

And are you looking at operational costs for them normally? Because it's not going to need a full crew for what Dana is doing.

Makeshift seating ain't going to cost that much either.

Fuel would be fuck all. It's not like they'd sail it out very far.
  • You can't "hire" an aircraft carrier. You either have an arrangement with the government or you buy it.
  • An aircraft carrier can't operate with anything less than a full crew unless it's docked. And the costs aren't from the crew. It's from resources needed to run it. A docked yacht still requires almost it's entire crew 12hrs a day. An aircraft carrier would require even more attention.
  • "Makeshift seating" - are you retarded? It's a boat with no arm rails. If you fall off into the ocean, you will die. The level of safety precautions is staggering.
  • There's a reason why you work at Wal-Mart.

• You can't "hire" an aircraft carrier. You either have an arrangement with the government or you buy it.
  • An aircraft carrier can't operate with anything less than a full crew unless it's docked. And the costs aren't from the crew. It's from resources needed to run it. A docked yacht still requires almost it's entire crew 12hrs a day. An aircraft carrier would require even more attention.
  • "Makeshift seating" - are you retarded? It's a boat with no arm rails. If you fall off into the ocean, you will die. The level of safety precautions is staggering.
  • There's a reason why you work at Wal-Mart.

• An arrangement with the government - so hiring most like, as I said. Also like I said, Dana isn't going to buy a fucking air craft carrier. That would be insane considering he'll be back to normal locations eventually.
  • It doesn't take a full crew to run an air craft carrier for this. Think about all the crew that an air craft carrier has, and then think about how much is actually needed to sail this thing out a little ways for a UFC event. It doesn't need to be crewed for normal operations at all.
  • I'm not retarded, no. Do you know what makeshift means? it's a 'temporary or substitute device.' What else are they possibly going to do? Aircraft carriers don't come with built in stands and seating on the deck. Do you honestly think the people working for WME/UFC can't organize makeshift facilities? Do you realize they have teams that do this on a constant basis all around the world?
  • There are no Wal-Marts in my country. I like the way you ended with that though. That was good. I didn't see it coming lol.

I heard ESPN named the aircraft carrier the USS Goof

In a time of a global pandemic, when the US navy is already being used for medical purposes, and China/Russia are watching with great interest and antagonising the US by sailing warships near US territory waters, do you really think they're going to lease out one of their aircraft carriers so some bald goof can host an MMA event for a night?

This isn't happening in a million years.

Why not, Trump is your Commander in Chief, he can make this happen.

Dana White's biggest mistake was announcing the venue. There was not going to be a crowd. The venue did not have to be announced. By announcing the venue he gave the politicians time to react. He should not have announced the venue but if he wanted to, he shouldn't have done it unless he had a 100% guaranteed backup plan.

He's turned this sport into a joke. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

5e7cbdb514f18f53a6086428

“Believe me, people have been talking about that,” White said of the aircraft carrier suggestion. “I haven’t resorted to that yet, but that’s probably coming soon.”

Cain would thrive on this shit

5e7cbdb514f18f53a6086428

“Believe me, people have been talking about that,” White said of the aircraft carrier suggestion. “I haven’t resorted to that yet, but that’s probably coming soon.”
I'd say that sounds pretty damn sweet

Have we not learned anything from boats during all this.

Back